Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 5263 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
OMG I just saw an obama commercial...
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 09:23:31 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
well, i think you are wrong.

Well then, I guess that ends that discussion.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 09:24:57 PM »
ok,:D

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2008, 09:32:58 PM »
Originally posted by Motherland
Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Im not trying to insult you or anything, Im just wondering. It seems that past generations haven't gotten past the novelty stage (one reason so many women are voting for Hillary Clinton), but, out of all honesty, the majority of those in my peer group (that I know, obviously I cant speak for everyone) see the two candidates as, well, candidates, not as a woman candidate and a black candidate. Obviously the majority of the voters are older, and will based on race/sex, but I honestly dont think the younger generation(s) will.

Unfortunately in certain sectors he is right.
And beleive me I dont mean this as a slight toward blacks.
But thee are certain sectors of the black population that are going ot vote for him simply because he is black.

There are alot of blacks where my wife works.
Perhaps I shoudl rephrase to a more accurate term.
there are alot of racial blacks where my wife works where race with them always seems to be an issue.

Example. We know several interracial couples who have obviously interracial children.
some of the people my wife works with will forget about the white half (not that it should matter) and say " If they have black skin they are black"
Often offending the white half of the couple who do not see them as black or white but simply as children

anyway. these same people she tells me tonight are "already at it with Obama and We gonna have a BLACK president."

These same people less then a year ago claimed " He might have black skin but he isnt no black man."

Now because he's made it so far they are jumping on the bandwagon and he is now suddenly "black".

Now me personally I dont care if we have a black president a white president or a green and purple president with orange stripes.
so long as we have a good president.

Having a president "of color" (whatever that means) might be a good thing inasmuch as maybe it will finally stop some of the "because im black" cop out excuses I tend to hear alot of around here.

If nothing else that whine needs to stop. Fore their own good and everyone elses sanity
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 09:37:34 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
Basically all our choices really suck, regardless of party, unless something real strange happens and some sort of deal is brokered.
First time I've agreed with a political statement from Virg!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: OMG I just saw an obama commercial...
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 09:37:48 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Saving the planet is a Marxist ideal? Are you sure you're making him less palatable?

;)
bring that crap to here:
http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=218081

if you are stupid enough to believe in "global warming" or "climate change" or whatever new name the liberal democrats give to it and are arrogant enough to TRULY believe something lowly people do can possibly be a thermostat for the freaking planet I apologize, this topic is no meant for you. I should have posted it in the "actual intelligent non-simian human" forum.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 09:50:44 PM »
Originally posted by Motherland
Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Im not trying to insult you or anything, Im just wondering. It seems that past generations haven't gotten past the novelty stage (one reason so many women are voting for Hillary Clinton), but, out of all honesty, the majority of those in my peer group (that I know, obviously I cant speak for everyone) see the two candidates as, well, candidates, not as a woman candidate and a black candidate. Obviously the majority of the voters are older, and will based on race/sex, but I honestly dont think the younger generation(s) will.
just curious how old are you? I am about to turn 35.

IIRC there's a LOT more then 2 candidates right now, and neither that man or womanmake a difference for my vote.

something I learned and all those I have chosen to surround myself with learned with the disaster that was bill clinton the dangers of voting on who is "cool" or "a nice guy" versus the actual issues a politician stands for. Me, I wasn't swayed in the lease when that ******, and disaster of our nations history played sax on Arseno Hall, but at early 20's of the time I know some who were.

They have since woken up and learned the wreck on our country they bestowed, and now vote with much more intelligence, and research into each candidate.

Thats one thing I will give the clinton legacy, tons of more informed voters who once having made a horrible mistake vow to never do that again.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 10:16:27 PM »
Originally posted by john9001

The blacks will vote for him because he is black, the young people will vote for him because it will be cool to vote for a black president, and the liberals will vote for him because they are liberals.

So is it right too vote for the wrong man just because he is black or the wrong woman just becuase she is a woman?  I sure hope that you are wrong about why they will vote for who ever they want.
Chances are that the ones who think it is cool to vote  for whoever  are too busy doing COOL stuff to bother!
 I would like to think we are all smarter than that,
 i would vote for Obama in a future election if he was the best choice, but he is not the best choice for this election in my opinion! and i would not vote for Clinton in any race, and that has nothing to do with Bill, but my opinion of her!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 10:33:39 PM »
Regarding the detractors attacking him because of his youth and inexperience....

When you consider where this country is because of the EXPERIENCED politicians over the last dozen or so years, I say give the newbie a chance. :rolleyes:

But either way, this country is hosed so long as the only choices that make it to election day are the party-line toeing, lobbyists' ass-kissing, big business and religious Right pandering sheeple candidates. I say it's LONG past time for a viable median third party around here to thump the heads of the Left and Right together until they remember that they're here to serve the American PEOPLE, not the minority groups, special interests, big oil and whatever flavor-of-the-week cause that happens to be screaming the loudest at that time.

Or until their skulls crack and their brains splooge out.

But either way, the people win! :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2008, 10:36:11 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
just curious how old are you? I am about to turn 35.

IIRC there's a LOT more then 2 candidates right now, and neither that man or womanmake a difference for my vote.

something I learned and all those I have chosen to surround myself with learned with the disaster that was bill clinton the dangers of voting on who is "cool" or "a nice guy" versus the actual issues a politician stands for. Me, I wasn't swayed in the lease when that ******, and disaster of our nations history played sax on Arseno Hall, but at early 20's of the time I know some who were.

They have since woken up and learned the wreck on our country they bestowed, and now vote with much more intelligence, and research into each candidate.

Thats one thing I will give the clinton legacy, tons of more informed voters who once having made a horrible mistake vow to never do that again.

...Then why does Hillary have the numbers' she has? Or Obama, for that matter?

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2008, 10:46:49 PM »
Originally posted by FrodeMk3
...Then why does Hillary have the numbers' she has? Or Obama, for that matter?
well first off "numbers" as you call them right now are just prelim party line stuff.... polls meant to prop up a candidate via party lines.

second, what I said was in regards to the people I personally surround myself with. smart, and now experienced in politics.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: OMG I just saw an obama commercial...
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 12:51:01 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
bring that crap to here:
http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=218081

if you are stupid enough to believe in "global warming" or "climate change" or whatever new name the liberal democrats give to it and are arrogant enough to TRULY believe something lowly people do can possibly be a thermostat for the freaking planet I apologize, this topic is no meant for you. I should have posted it in the "actual intelligent non-simian human" forum.

Angst

Noun

1. An acute but unspecific feeling of anxiety; usually reserved for philosophical anxiety about the world or about personal freedom.

You tend to yours and I'll be in charge of my own. :D

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 01:35:13 AM »
Obama is why the voting age needs to be bumped up to at least 30
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 01:49:29 AM »
My name is Barack Obama and I approve of this message

Allah Ackbar!
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 02:22:01 AM »
The only thing that the possibility of you guys getting either Billiary or Osama as Pres. that leaves me wondering is how long do you think it will be before the Veep is sworn in?
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2008, 05:27:59 AM »
I liked Richard Harris's lines in "Unforgiven" when he was talking about the assassination of Presidents.

"If you were to try to assassinate a king, sir, the, how shall I say it, the aura of royalty would cause you to miss. But, the president,  I mean, why not shoot the president?"