Author Topic: PC Gaming Market Declining  (Read 1321 times)

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
PC Gaming Market Declining
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 12:22:22 AM »
The future of entertainment computing and gaming will be on hand held mobile phones. Believe me.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:32:19 AM by mg1942 »

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 12:46:58 AM »
I can see it now...

AHVII won't load on my nokia !!111one!1!1
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 12:48:59 AM »
Oh noooz!

"You are a La7 warper!"

"Noooz, I got a text message, sorry!"

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 08:18:30 AM »
Warcraft has all the gamers.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 09:05:26 AM »
I miss going into the city to EB and stuff, making a day at the mall, spending hours looking over different pc games. I would get one or two games and most times was content to sit and play it. Once I started AW back in the 90s I bought less games. I have an xbox but going to buy those games isnt the same for me.

~AoM~

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 11:12:21 AM »
Since I like the strategy style games I don't have much interest in a console. The games the consoles have just don't compare. If things like donkey king and other arcade games are your cup of tea a console might be the best bet.

I agree with Sax on the longevity of the PC vs the console. The PC just has more versatility than a console to help justify the cost. Buying a new console every couple of years just doesn't interest me at all. What happens if the console is not backwards compatible, you lose all the previous games the old one used to play.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 11:55:38 AM »
again I ask.............

what about the future of aces high?

do you think there are more members in aces high, then say, five years ago, or a year ago?  or less now?

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 07:15:29 PM »
Originally posted by Fulmar
Also, its argueably easier to pirate games on PC than it is to mod your Xbox etc.

I wouldn't say that contributes to much. In the past 2 years there hasn't been that many interesting games for PC. Most of the games are way too simple for my taste, or should I say excessively repeative. Arcade airplane games, arcade FPS with simple maps (yawn), games released almost a year too soon....

I wouldn't even pirate the crap.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 07:35:32 PM »
Exactly.

Todays game are made FOR xbox and PS's
THEN PORTED, to computer.

Thus we get a short dog crap game with bad graphics and bad controls, no configurability and ultamitly nothing new.
Sorry, i dont buy games anymore, and like stated above, most games arent even worth pirating anymore.

CoD all of them, full on horse crap.
If duke forever, turns out to be another raped sold out PORT from the xbox or ps's im quiting (gaming) all together.

Dont even bother arguing, i dont give a rats arse how much you like CoD or how hard the models get you, its still just a steping stone of every one before it.
Show me the modifications for it (oh thats right they wont release the source code)
Show me how i can bind my keys to whatever i want ( oh thats right, the keys are exstentions of CONTROL IMPUT COMMANDS)
Show me where i can change my graphic settings & screen res.

Show me..no..you know what, dont show me...you couldnt even if you want too.

Your consol games have nothing to offer.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2008, 08:42:26 PM »
While it's true that pc game revenue has tapered off in the US - that is not so for the rest of the world.

Europe appears to be  the biggest pc  target at the moment.

It's just that the console technology has finaly caught up with the pc.  Mind you, the way prices are going, a mid range pc is gonna cost the same as a console soon.

What is so attractive to developers is the standard of a particular console... and so many big names are focusing on the big bucks.

You know what - fine by me - leaves the pc in its niche as the true gaming machine --- give me independant developers churning out stuff that's pushing the envelope.

Consoles can have the Mc EA's ....

Me... stuff like Crayon Physics Deluxe, Spore, Tower of Goo, Armadillo Run etc means that the console will always be the arcade in your home. The PC will remain cutting edge, pushing the envelope - dictating what the console will have in a few years time... or maybe not, face it - consoles are about sales - pc is the spirit.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 09:52:13 PM »
Originally posted by Darkish
consoles are about sales - pc is the spirit.

Unfortunetly business is all about sales.

...-Gixer

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »
Originally posted by Charon
I just played through the console inspired COD4. It was OK. I am replaying Stalker now though, which is excellent. About the  only real excellent part of COD4, IMO, was the AC130 side game :)

I have a friend who is getting married to an AC130 pilot this fall and according to him that part of the game was dead on the nuts to what they see on the screens when they are on a fire support mission.

I wish that someone (PC GAME MAKER APPLY HERE) would make an AC130 type game. One that would be similar to that last B-17 game where you could man multiple stations from the bombadier, navigator, co-pilot, etc... If they did that in an AC130 (NO NOT BF2 or whatever it was that had one.) then I can guarantee that I would spend some cash on it. Even if it was a add-on to Lock-On or something along those lines.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by mg1942
The future of entertainment computing and gaming will be on hand held mobile phones. Believe me.

Geez I hope not. Phones are meant to talk to people and smart phones are meant to talk and email people. Not play games on or at least any bigger game than what my wife has on her blackberry with the pong style game or what I have on mine....golf.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 10:57:21 PM »
Originally posted by Fulmar
Also, its argueably easier to pirate games on PC than it is to mod your Xbox etc.

I own a Wii, which is fun especially when having company over...but it would be a long time before I turn it in for another console system.

I have a Wii as well, and it is GREAT when you have friends over. :aok
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 11:05:34 PM »
Originally posted by JimmyZ
Your description reminded me of one of the funniest commercials i ever saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKKzfQlfJHo&feature=related

Nice one! :rofl
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14