Author Topic: HTC: GV Graphics Turned Down :(  (Read 2799 times)

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
HTC: GV Graphics Turned Down :(
« on: February 28, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
Turning the graphic setting down, as most have caught on by now, to see enemy gvs at a great distance through trees, hills, etc has become as common as hoin in the LA 7. Im sure that HTC intended it to be used for the slower comps and not as an advantage to GAME THE GAME.

Heres my concern It has made gvin no challenge. It was great at the beginning with the new terrain that we could set up an ambush or advance on an enemy using the cover and terrain. The skill was listening to and out witting the enemy. That made gvin fun. I hate to say it but now its one of the worst aspects of the game. Its like playing a late 80's video game just point and click.

HTC: Can it be changed that ONLY while in a Gv the terrain can not be turned down? It will greatly solve allot of frustration and bring back a challenge to a once important and enjoyable aspect of the game.

Kamori
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 09:57:49 AM by kamori »

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 10:04:50 AM »
I Agree
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 10:09:18 AM »
On the other hand, being in a GV so close to all the ground clutter and trees eats up a LOT more FPS than being in the air in a furball.

I remember back before my computer update I could fly around with 40+ FPS but the SECOND I jumped into a GV I was barely getting 10 fps.

Zooming in made me get 1 frame every 2-4 seconds.

Simply saying "disable detail sliders" is a bad idea because that's where they are needed MOST!

I think the solution lies in a different way of displaying stuff WHILE the detail slider is reduced.

A (not-so?) simple line of code that says "IF in full detail mode you could not see this, then it won't even show up in low detail mode" would get the job done.

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 10:20:36 AM »
I understand that HTC wants to make this as playable to as many as possible. The reality: if you want to play the newer advanced games in the PC market one needs to have the tools to do so. If you want to heat up food fast, then Get a microwave. If you want to watch HDTV then get the technology appropriate to do so.

HTC has done a GREAT job in making this game playable to most. Still this has really cheapened this aspect of Aces High.

This is not intended to be or become a negative criticism to HTC. Its being posted as a major concern from a player of over 4 years. As far as making this a simple change I am sure its not, if it can be created then it can be changed. To what degree I have know clue. HTC are the professionals.

Kamori

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 10:30:57 AM »
It was an oversight , has already been fixed for the next release.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 10:33:17 AM »
Originally posted by hitech

Good man :aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 10:35:29 AM »
I think that's a poor philosophy: If you want to play games you need the best PC on the market.

It just isn't true 90% of the time. Only the latest generation of games really requires a super high-end machine. Even AH runs fairly well on older machines.

Simply adding bloat for bloat's sake is not progress, in my book. That's how you get things like Windows Vista, and recent iterations of WinAmp.

I have a semi-decent computer now, but I've been on the short end of the stick many times. I can't afford computer upgrades every time a new game comes out. They make a game that requires a quad-core X6900 whatever, 4GB RAM and a SLI Ge8800 setup, I'm sorry they're going out of business because I'm not going to buy it.

It's like an engine manufacturer building a V16 engine for cars, only no cars currently exist to use it, and it won't fit in anything on the road today. They go under. You have to work WITH the market, or you don't work at all.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 10:38:30 AM »

Does this mean no more adjustments for graphic clutter, or just that GVs will no longer render when the objects near them don't?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 10:39:14 AM »
awesome, thanks for the headsup on this HiTech!  Maybe I'll take the time to learn how to gv proper now!
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 10:39:24 AM »
I'm wagering the latter, hubs

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 10:41:42 AM »
If you were advocating that reducing the detail range also reduces the range that vehicles are viewable I would agree.

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
Thanks HTC
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 10:49:32 AM »
Thats GREAT news HTC.. Thank You...

BTW Krusty:

Originally posted by Krusty
I think that's a poor philosophy: If you want to play games you need the best PC on the market.

I never at any time stated that one Needs the top of the line. We need the correct tools for the job. IN Plane Words: A comp that will run the game.

I personally run an older:
Socket A cpu  1.8 Gig  $90.00 2 years ago  BTW overclocks to 2.5 gig  AMD 2500 Mobile
1 gig memory              $75.00
7950 gt nvidia card.    $ 159.99
This runs the game well...

And its very inexpensive..

kamori
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 11:02:51 AM by kamori »

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 11:11:09 AM »
Thank you kind sir!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 11:11:34 AM »

I can hear much lamenting and gnashing of teeth already . :")
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 11:17:23 AM »

WOOO HOOOOOOOO :aok