Author Topic: ENY!!!  (Read 6605 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: ENY!!!
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2008, 07:41:54 PM »

So what are YOU going to do beyond complain?

I'm guess next post all in caps, because he really means it. :P
See Rule #4

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2008, 08:08:07 PM »
Murdr,,, I will spell this out for you.... V.I.E.W.P.O.I.N.T.S

Wow, finally chosen to address one of my posts, and pick the one without any true topical content :)  How quaint.

You spent all day telling us you don't like the way it is.  I got that part.  The part where it doesn't matter that you dont like it, and that this has already been cover a hundred times seems to be escaping you though.

Oh, and talking to me that way with the long history of information I passed on this board makes you look like an idiot.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 08:12:55 PM by Murdr »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2008, 09:23:34 PM »
Like everyone has said, we get that you don't like it and you want it changed. What I haven't seen is any suggestion that hasn't been brought up before.

Please, make us a list of things you think might help better than what we have now.

Also, some believe this with all their heart, but ENY wasn't made so much to "force" people to switch sides. Switching is a way for "people" to fly what ever ride they want, but ENY really is a "handycap" that HTC put in place to ever the playing field a bit. He could "force" people to switch side and even things by numbers, but instead, forces the "team" with the numerical advantage to be handycapped by weaker equipment.

You can still use your superior numbers to "horde" the other teams, but you just can't use the best rides to do it.

Again, not being a pain in the butt here, but I would like to see a list. I'm sure there are a number of people here who can do searches to bring up threads that have any post that you may be repeating, but I'd still like to see YOUR suggestions on how to do it better.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2008, 11:09:11 PM »
The more I've rolled through this thread, the more I become convinced that the majority of people asking for an end to the ENY mod are relative newbies. Dadguns and his followers, this isn't intend to diss you guys. It is a fact that prior to the ENY mod, the game could have been called "Horde Monkeys High". It started with one country having a humongous country wide event 1 week night per week. By the time HT finally implemented the ENY mod, it had expanded to start on Friday nights and end Monday mornings. Many folks (myself included) stopped even bothering to log in on the weekends.

I'm curious, would you enjoy trying to play each weekend when you were in one of the low numbered countries? When this was happening, the big country sometimes outnumbered the other 2 countries by over 100 players...combined!! I guess this was fun for the guys that were doing it. But, it sure wasn't fun for anyone else.

Any way you want to slice it, the alternatives to the ENY mod are way more restrictive than what we have now.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2008, 02:42:33 AM »
I'm curious, would you enjoy trying to play each weekend when you were in one of the low numbered countries? When this was happening, the big country sometimes outnumbered the other 2 countries by over 100 players...combined!! I guess this was fun for the guys that were doing it. But, it sure wasn't fun for anyone else.
It wasn't even fun to play with the horde. Racing 20 other guys to shoot down the single bandit you find, or start attacking a field and get "help" from 50 other friendly players is not fun.

We've been there, it sucks. ENY restriction is not perfect but still way better and no other good solution surfaced yet. Putting a perk tag on low ENY rides instead of locking them sounds as if it is a good solution (it has been suggested before). It may be worth exploring a bit, but it has its own drawbacks - remember that the population most affected by it would be newbies. Veteran players have more perk points than the US national debt.

Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2008, 03:13:15 AM »
Veteran players have more perk points than the US national debt.

I only have 21,000 fighter perks, others have tons more.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2008, 04:46:39 AM »
Well... We arent getting anywhere with this. Its all a matter of which side of the fence your in.

Why suicide bomb a CV?..because you can
Why bomb and bail, and not duke it out with that fighter?..because you can
Why HO and collide?..cause again, YOU CAN (unlimited sorties only cost you 15$ per month)

Now..why have an influx of players from the other countries come over when your kickn donut and about to reset a map?..cause they can too.

Im sorry, but guys...its lame.  Ill try to duke it out with the other country thats about to get a reset even if Im on the last base and Im facing their entire air force.
If you want to stop the gangin'...a simple 4 letter word is put into place..P.O.R.K.
Its easy, its effective but not enough people wanna do it.
ENY is never set on a fresh map. When a country decides to form up squads and be effective and do that a couple times..the other countries cry foul.
Your too effective taking them bases in that 110..now fly a mossie because the other teams think your ganging them.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2008, 10:10:02 AM »
Already solved. ENY works.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 10:11:51 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2008, 12:04:00 PM »
What kills me is that the complainers complain about the wrong aspect of ENY.

That the better aircraft are limited when a country has overwhelming numerical superiority is totally justified. What doesn't make sense is the individual ENY values that the aircraft are assigned.  If those were evidence-based instead of HTC's god-like opinion there would be less cause for complaint.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2008, 12:23:11 PM »
Less cause for complaints does not necessarily mean fewer complaints. ;)

Does someone have the ENY formula handy? I've been trying to search through some of the older threads for it, but between HT's spelling, and the borked search, I can't find it. I know it was posted a few years back, but I can't dig up the thread. It doesn't appear in the help files either, apparently.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2008, 12:57:10 PM »
What kills me is that the complainers complain about the wrong aspect of ENY.

That the better aircraft are limited when a country has overwhelming numerical superiority is totally justified. What doesn't make sense is the individual ENY values that the aircraft are assigned.  If those were evidence-based instead of HTC's god-like opinion there would be less cause for complaint.

What is overwhelming when country A has 110 members on, country B has 97 members on and country C 90 members on  and the ENY for the high country is 18, 20 members is not overwhelming over the spread of a arena map is it.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2008, 12:58:51 PM »
What is overwhelming when country A has 110 members on, country B has 97 members on and country C 90 members on  and the ENY for the high country is 18, 20 members is not overwhelming over the spread of a arena map is it.

Post a screenshot of that please.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2008, 01:03:43 PM »

I will next time we see it.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2008, 01:13:56 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's not possible. An ENY of 18 for only 37%?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2008, 01:24:24 PM »

Lusche, I just wanted to mention that you are a great asset to the Aces High BB.

I would expect many others to confirm this statement.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High