Author Topic: ENY!!!  (Read 6646 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: ENY!!!
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2008, 02:55:45 PM »
It seems like when a map reset is close... that there is suddenly alot of new names on the winning sides roster. Why should the guys that have "fought" hours or days to win a reset be penelized due to a bunch of perk chasers!

Looks like a perspective help tip Sudz...

Did you know you must be with a country for 12 hours to recieve perk points for winning the war.

Some people still think you get perks if you switch sides just before a reset.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2008, 03:02:32 PM »
And out of the top 50 how many did you say were Bish???

Who cares how many are Bish? The only way you get ranked that high (overall) is by gaming the game.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2008, 03:14:54 PM »
2. Does it encourage sides to be "even"?    SOMETIMES

ENY always encourages side balancing, that doesn't change. Whether or not folks choose to help even things up, thats a different matter. The problem isn't ENY, it's people's attitudes.  :)
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2008, 03:29:17 PM »
Dadguns:

Don't think I've ever run into you either...I'm sure unimpressed with what I've seen here. It takes a special kind of person to get insulting with Guppy and Murdr -- two of the all around classiest, mature, balanced guys I've come across on line.

Your uninformed, amateur attempts at arguing your case have already been rebutted. Whether you like it or not, ENY is NOT going away....adjust to it, and you'll be happier and more productive.

And one question: you claim loyalty prevents you from switching sides. Loyalty is a great thing -- but I have to ask, what good is loyalty that refuses to be inconvenienced? That kind of dedication seems a pretty shallow thing to me...

well thanks, I think,, I am by no means here to impress anything upon you or anyone else for that matter.  
As for Guppy and Murdr, I dont know them as well, my comments to them were not out of any disrespect, however their willingness to share their opinion is welcomed without the the hefty sarcasm and lack of comprehention.  I do not put words in anyones mouth, yet someone else can easily try to play the words that I have said to some advantage.  So sitting idle when that type of attack comes along because someone expresses a need for change is idiotic.  
I have been playing this game and alike for many years myself, and have asked several times in this string to catch up and read the posts and respond with some intelligent inputs on a solution, most of the one liners that tend to answer have no idea what the issue is, for example simply switching is not an answer or solution when you have over 70 sqaud mates.  This will just bring the eny to where we move.!
I along with others are not whining, we want to be able to present some ideas of how to better accomodate ALL players.  
If having too many on one side is the root of the ENY problem or to some the solution, then thats where the attention must be directed.
Moving a few people around will help temporarily, not a permanant fix it, which that is what most of you do to help.

All the negative issues that people have stated are DUE TO ENY.  Its as simple as that.

So instead of calling people names, discrediting someone, smart arse remarks, badgering, come up with some better solutions than what has been presented, thats what this string was for.  
I know that there are alot of people in here that have some ideas, the OLD WAY of business is not working, some have learned to use it to their advantage which is great.  There are in's and out's to this GAME that we all learned to tweak, now its time to make it better and for everyone to be on the same level of play.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2008, 03:34:20 PM »
ENY MUST BE FIXED!!!!
As a side balancing tool ENY falls short.
1. Does it reduce the "hoard"?     NO
2. Does it encourage sides to be "even"?    SOMETIMES
3. Is it's application equitable?    NO
4. Does it make paying customers mad?    YES
5. What can be done to fix it?    ?????

The ENY "formula" is a joke when it gets above a certain point. For example on Saturday 15MAR08 the ENY on the Bishop side in LW Blue was 26!!! While in Orange the Rooks/Knights had a ENY of 6-9 with a simular numerical advantage as the Bishops had in Blue. I like to fly FW-190A8s so a high ENY usually doesn't bother me, but when you can only up JU-88s when you want to "buff it", it is out of hand!

One has to ask is ENY for side balancing, or has it become a vehicle for prolonging the "agony" when a map is close to a reset. It seems like when a map reset is close... that there is suddenly alot of new names on the winning sides roster. Why should the guys that have "fought" hours or days to win a reset be penelized due to a bunch of perk chasers!

Maj
Your exactly right, I too saw the ENY that day and it just didnt make any sense, the numbers were way out there for one map and not the same for the other.
Tweaking these down to a more reasonable level may work...??

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2008, 03:35:19 PM »
Wow, this lame-arse thread is now at 11 pages?   

I didnt want to entertain this,,, but please be a little more constructive.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2008, 03:38:34 PM »
Who cares how many are Bish? The only way you get ranked that high (overall) is by gaming the game.

Really I wanted to know, I didnt recognize anyone in the top 50 as BISH players.  Maybe I missed some but I thought you would know since you were bringing up some stats.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2008, 03:57:28 PM »
Really I wanted to know, I didnt recognize anyone in the top 50 as BISH players.  Maybe I missed some but I thought you would know since you were bringing up some stats.

If you want to know, go look them up. I already did it once but I didn't keep track of who played for which team.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2008, 04:15:23 PM »
eny works, it is obvious it has some effect, it is how the thread was generated, maybe some of you will fix for yourselves.  The solution is easy, change plane, change teams or change arenas.  If you don't, then you'll just have to learn to fly on of the many great higher eny planes.  Think of it less as a penalty, but as a reward to those who are doing there part to keep gameplay somewhat fair.  It's hard to see any other viable options, though limiting the percentage of people flying for one country at anytime might be one. (which most online shooter type games have in one form or another).  Personally, I think if you can't take it upon yourself to fix a problem, you are part of it.  HT could force your hand even more so if he wanted, but you have options.  Paying for the game does not entitle you to dictate to the rest of the arena and community how the game will be played.  Honestly I think it is quite selfish to complain about not being able to fly a certain plane, when you are part of a theme that is upsetting the balance of gameplay for many others.  
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2008, 04:25:01 PM »
Do you realize there are thousands of posts on this topic?
There is a good reason this was implemented in the game in the first place?
We have been around this merry-go-round several times over the years? 
"ENY should go because it inconveninces me" does not supercede the gameplay environment it is intended to encourage?
"New" alternatives have been the same old ideas brough up over and over again, and shot down many times? (some by HiTech himself)
You are encountering an attitude because you cant seem to accept all of the above?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2008, 04:36:28 PM »
.... for example simply switching is not an answer or solution when you have over 70 sqaud mates.

Seems you hit on your problem.... Squads are limited to 35 for a reason. To have more is part of gaming the Game. The cost of that in your instance is limited plane selection. To "GET" you must "GIVE".

I myself have never been affected by ENY for the simple reason that our Squad flies on the low number team. Lots of great folks on all the teams no matter what chess piece they fly for.

Dadguns... ENY works....
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 04:40:08 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2008, 04:40:28 PM »
eny works, it is obvious it has some effect, it is how the thread was generated, maybe some of you will fix for yourselves.  The solution is easy, change plane, change teams or change arenas.  If you don't, then you'll just have to learn to fly on of the many great higher eny planes.  Think of it less as a penalty, but as a reward to those who are doing there part to keep gameplay somewhat fair.  It's hard to see any other viable options, though limiting the percentage of people flying for one country at anytime might be one. (which most online shooter type games have in one form or another).  Personally, I think if you can't take it upon yourself to fix a problem, you are part of it.  HT could force your hand even more so if he wanted, but you have options.  Paying for the game does not entitle you to dictate to the rest of the arena and community how the game will be played.  Honestly I think it is quite selfish to complain about not being able to fly a certain plane, when you are part of a theme that is upsetting the balance of gameplay for many others.  

If you are suggesting that We are not doing our part your sadley mistaken.  If the game entitles us to have a squad which it does, and if our LARGE squad moves to another country, the ENY WILL be affected to where we move, then what, we play musical chairs.  
So yes our OPTION is to stay, being loyal is not the factor and the only reason.  
Option two: DISBAND,,, dont think so.  
Option three:  FIX ENY most likely.  
Option four:  change plane, change arenas, did that already.

I dont see how how you can call that selfish that we are bringing to light an issue that has ALWAYS been an issue and to suggest that we are upsetting some balance of many others,,,, what balance, balance to what.  This is what this is all about,,, the unbalance of ENY ....
Usually when someone uses the term honestly to start off a sentence, its presumed you were not being honest in your previous statements,, which I can agree.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2008, 04:43:52 PM »

Option three:  FIX ENY most likely. 

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
See Rule #4

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2008, 04:47:42 PM »
Do you realize there are thousands of posts on this topic?
There is a good reason this was implemented in the game in the first place?
We have been around this merry-go-round several times over the years? 
"ENY should go because it inconveninces me" does not supercede the gameplay environment it is intended to encourage?
"New" alternatives have been the same old ideas brough up over and over again, and shot down many times? (some by HiTech himself)
You are encountering an attitude because you cant seem to accept all of the above?

Well put.

Dadsguns coulda saved eleven pages of drivle by simply doing a search and reading the (litterally) THOUSANDS of posts on the subject.  I've as of yet to read anything in all eleven pages that is "unique" or has not been brought up and hashed out a dozen times over.

Dadsguns, do the search, put in the legwork, read the posts on the subject.  IF after reading all those threads you still think you have an "original" idea please put it forth.

Granted, I doubt that'll happen, but ya' never know.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 04:49:27 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2008, 04:50:59 PM »
 :huh

Thanks for the pep talk coach, now can we get to a solution.   
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 04:57:28 PM by Dadsguns »