Author Topic: Thank God for my CCW!!!!  (Read 8121 times)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Re: Thank God for my CCW!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 12:35:28 PM »
This smells very fishy.  also, if this actually did happen, you handled this incredibly stupidly and are lucky you didn't get killed.
So with two bad guys at the driver's side window you
You pulled out your gun and then let go of it with a bad guy a foot or two away from you and not much farther from the gun. You let go of your gun?!  You are either telling tall tales here or are else you have absolutely no business owning a handgun because you have no clue whatsoever about gun retention.  Which is it?

No I never let go of my weapon. Let me clear this up right now. I had the pistol in my hand and put my hand on the dash holding the weapon, i.e. placed the gun on the dash.

I'm a Coast Guard trained bording team member. I know all about weapons retention, and use of force. At that point they had only made verbal threats towards me and pointing a loaded weapon in their face was not justified at that point. When they saw the gun they ran away, and I left the area. Had they made a more agressive move, like trying to open my door, or pulled a weapon themselves I would have shot at that point.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 12:36:20 PM »
Here in Texas you can draw your gun if you feel your life is endangered. You do not have to wait till someone is pointing a firearm your way.

In Texas if your drinking and have your carry.... you can lose your license. I leave my pistol at home when I go play pool as I will have a few drinks. I leave my shotgun in the truck all the time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 12:52:38 PM »
No I never let go of my weapon. Let me clear this up right now. I had the pistol in my hand and put my hand on the dash holding the weapon, i.e. placed the gun on the dash.

I'm a Coast Guard trained bording team member. I know all about weapons retention, and use of force. At that point they had only made verbal threats towards me and pointing a loaded weapon in their face was not justified at that point. When they saw the gun they ran away, and I left the area. Had they made a more agressive move, like trying to open my door, or pulled a weapon themselves I would have shot at that point.

This story pegs my BS-o-meter. At the same time my care-o-meter hasn't even twitched. Enjoy your tall tales, cowboy.   :aok

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »
This story pegs my BS-o-meter. At the same time my care-o-meter hasn't even twitched. Enjoy your tall tales, cowboy.   :aok

Well, I was trying to say the same thing in a nice way.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 01:05:50 PM »
I could really care less if anyone belives me or not. I'm just recounting the situation I found myself in Saturday night. I'm glad that Virginia is a shall issue state, and that I made the choice when I moved here to get my CCW. Never needed it until the other night but I'm glad I had it, and that I had my pistol in my truck.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 01:07:36 PM »

Where's my popcorn and beer?

storch

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 01:11:03 PM »
and me with a full day off from field work because I'm receiving quotations and preparing a condo bid <beck's dark just decapped in anticipation of more action>
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:19:14 PM by storch »

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 01:15:44 PM »
... and then you woke up  :lol

Anyway, I thought you were talking about those CCW ... like they got you laid or something. :pray
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:20:00 PM by SFRT - Frenchy »
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 01:20:10 PM »
WTG hornet :aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline wooly15

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »
I could really care less if anyone belives me or not. I'm just recounting the situation I found myself in Saturday night. I'm glad that Virginia is a shall issue state, and that I made the choice when I moved here to get my CCW. Never needed it until the other night but I'm glad I had it, and that I had my pistol in my truck.

Norfolk?

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 01:41:12 PM »
Virginia Beach

storch

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 01:57:13 PM »
if anything remotely close to that ever occurred to me I wouldn't post it on any BBS let alone this one.

<pops another beck's open>

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 03:10:37 PM »
so you drive directly to your house which is in sight after being confronted by the local gangbangers? :huh

well whatever you think is the thing to do :aok
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 03:21:31 PM by Pooh21 »
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 03:20:40 PM »

Steve, you love to talk about your BS-o-meter an awful lot, don't you?  :rofl 
And the care-o-meter? I actually think that may be a new one for you.  :lol
Hornet hasn't given any indication in the past that he'd lie about stuff...  *rolls eyes* 
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 03:30:04 PM »
Steve, you love to talk about your BS-o-meter an awful lot, don't you?  :rofl 
And the care-o-meter? I actually think that may be a new one for you.  :lol
Hornet hasn't given any indication in the past that he'd lie about stuff...  *rolls eyes* 

When it comes to altercations, the general rule of the internet is always "VID OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!"