Author Topic: Thank God for my CCW!!!!  (Read 8156 times)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Re: Thank God for my CCW!!!!
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2008, 12:49:55 PM »
Hornet,

One was "standing behind the truck so you couldn't back out"?

My weapon wouldn't have even seen the light of day.   :rofl

Reverse lights are probably the last thing that guy would've remembered seeing (possibly the click of shifting gears might be the last thing he heard, also)  Then your path home would've been clear.

Well met, sir.  I was stationed at Ft. Eustis for a time, and I know the area is rough at times.

Good thing you didn't need to fire upon them.  Blood and brains are hard to clean out of upholstery, and bullet holes tend to ruin the resale value of trucks.

:salute

Yeah but I would have been charged with hit and run, vehicular manslaughter, who knows what else.

AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2008, 12:41:05 PM »

Two things would be accomplished if we increased the penalties for thoce caught carrying a concealed weapon illegally- It would cut down on the number of road rage shootings and it would give our judicial system another weapon to use to keep dirtbags off the street.

Nope..absolutely not. The criminal does not bother to abide by laws.
Laws do not apply to them. Laws only apply to the law abiding.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2008, 01:48:52 PM »

Shhhhh   (don't tell anyone)     :noid

I agree with Jackal, 100%.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2008, 01:55:02 PM »

Then why have laws at all?

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2008, 01:56:36 PM »

To keep lawyers in the courtroom and away from good people like yourself :)

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2008, 03:24:03 PM »
You pass the bar yet ? Can we commence with the lawyer jokes?

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2008, 03:59:04 PM »
OK, maybe 75%

Mostly the part about hurting the law abiding more.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2008, 04:04:47 PM »
You pass the bar yet ? Can we commence with the lawyer jokes?

I don't get my results for another 2.5 weeks.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2008, 04:25:14 PM »

To empower and protect the law abiding citizen, not the criminal.
Bans , restrictions  calling for gun control only apply to the law abiding and empower the criminal which do not take any law into consideration .

« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 04:27:35 PM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2008, 09:15:44 AM »
Hornet, check pm's.
Duke

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2008, 04:56:39 PM »
PS... by that logic, they could have shot hornet.

Dunno about that if Hornet never pointed the gun in their direction or said I am gonna shoot you. They can't do sh*t about it. They were never put in a position to have a reason for their self defense. Lets keep in mind Hornet did not approach them they approached him. Just by placing a gun on a dashboard doesn't mean anything. He could've been getting ready to go in his house. I know I don't leave my service pistol in my car when I go inside.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2008, 05:09:27 PM »
You need to read up a little bit on what consitutes a threat and "brandishing a weapon". If they'd have pulled a gun, but not pointed it at hornet, do you think he'd be justified in "defending himself"? Only one person pulled any kind of weapon out.

And... let's keep in mind... hornet is telling the story.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2008, 09:52:40 PM »
You need to read up a little bit on what consitutes a threat and "brandishing a weapon". If they'd have pulled a gun, but not pointed it at hornet, do you think he'd be justified in "defending himself"? Only one person pulled any kind of weapon out.

And... let's keep in mind... hornet is telling the story.

The flaw in that argument is not what you know, but what you don't know.

"IF" they'd have pulled a gun, Hornet WOULD have not only been justified in pulling his, but ordering said gunman to drop the weapon, or open fire. However, none of the guys' surrounding Hornet's truck did. But can Hornet have assumed they didn't have some sort of weapon??? That is the real crux. In today's day and age, you cannot assume anything anymore, unfortunately. To put it this way...Do you think they would have approached the truck if THEY had known Hornet had a gun? I doubt they would have; The only reason they approached him in the first place was because they had strength of numbers (3-1) and had a clear advantage in any kind of physical confrontation. Not to mention, That by surrounding his truck, the one thing known about the whole affair, was THEIR intent. Which was to entrap Hornet for whatever they intended to do. Sufficient reason for Hornet to clear leather. And evidently, the PD thought so, as well.

BTW, it doesn't matter WHO's telling this story. The situation as described was handled in what was probably the best way possible-nobody was hurt, and nothing was taken.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2008, 10:24:06 PM »
If hornet pulls a weapon, they can defend themselves. If he's dead, who's story is told?

You guys are all missing the point. Introducing a handgun to the encounter is not something that is done to scare someone away. Either the situation merits it's use, or you keep it tucked away. Having a closed car door between you and them has removed them from being a threat.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2008, 10:49:56 PM »
If hornet pulls a weapon, they can defend themselves. If he's dead, who's story is told?

You guys are all missing the point. Introducing a handgun to the encounter is not something that is done to scare someone away. Either the situation merits it's use, or you keep it tucked away. Having a closed car door between you and them has removed them from being a threat.

A.) They instigated, by surrounding him, and verbally threatening him. Hornet's draw was in Self-defence.

B.) If it hadn't have scared them, someone coulda got shot. "Scaring" them into considering a more prudent and less-violent course of action is morally much better than taking another human life, ya think? Sometimes, that is the best use of a firearm. By your reasoning, If a police officer draws' his sidearm, he should just start shooting, without giving the perp a chance to surrender.

C.) The main fault of a car door is the window. If that is broken, and that person can reach you, you are in a severe disadvantage in any kind of physical encounter. Your body is more or less stuck in a sitting position, without the ability to manuever. You can't use your legs' for any kind of leverage, your reach is limited by how far you can stretch outside the door, and you cannot retreat. This is why so many carjackings' were successful. And lastly, if one of them had a gun, most car doors' don't stop bullets very well. Hornet would have had to made sure that if he was shot at, he could rapidly dispatch the gunman, for he was at a disadvantage in any kind of gunfight, as well.

BTW, from Hornet's original post:
He checks everything out, calls in my ID and CCW info, comes back clean and in order, then he asks me what happened. I told him what went down, and that's when he informed me that the guys giving me all the crap where the ones who called the police. I looked over and they were still standing there on their cell phones. I pointed them out to the police, and they told me they would go over and have a little chat with them. They gave me back my CCW, and ID told me to have a nice evening and left. I stayed there leaning against my truck and watched as the officers went over and started questioning the three guys, and had to laugh when the officers both drew their firearms and told them to get on the ground. One of them had a gun on him at that point, and he was arrested. The other had a bag of "something" in his pocket and he was arrested, and the third guy ended up getting arrested for something, not sure what, but they had anouther cruiser show up with two more officers to take him away.

Now, in this case, even the one who had a gun ran. Most likely because the others' bolted first, and he didn't wish to face Hornet by himself, because now it was an odd's-even fight. Hornet pulling first most likely saved his life.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 11:06:18 PM by FrodeMk3 »