Author Topic: Thank God for my CCW!!!!  (Read 8150 times)

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Re: Thank God for my CCW!!!!
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2008, 08:17:10 AM »
Officers spend most of their time writing reports, they're not going to write one if they are not required to do so,  depending on their stations policy.  Officers also do not like to put too much information in their reports, because many times defense lawyers try to trip them up on the wording and details of the report.  They like to keep them as simple as possible.

If the report thing is bothering you, just get a copy of the arrest report of the guys that the cop got after he spoke with you.  I highly doubt your name would be on it, more then likely he simply would state he responded to a tip.  The report would only support the time and place of the incident for you.

You could also get a recording of the 911 call of the person reporting you.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:49:39 AM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2008, 10:44:39 AM »
OK, I looked it up.

Violent crime rate as of 2006 was 473.5 per 100,000.

This means of course that you were actually off by .... well.... a grip.

Actual numbers are 4.7 per 1000 not 50. And most certainly not 250.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Still waiting for the opportunity to accept your apology.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2008, 10:58:24 AM »
MT.. the numbers are indeed 4-6 people per thousand are victims of violent crime every year.   the numbers are also 1 in four chance in your lifetime...  which is what I said is it not?  lifetime.. year.. kinda different.

the seatbelt thing?  Like I said...  who knows if your life woulda been saved.. they have no clue.. do they do recreations of every wreck?    It matters not tho..  how many of you have been in wrecks where a seatbelt saved your life?  even with gross exaggeration.. it just doesn't happen.   Not to one if four in a lifetime.

Two wrecks I have been in and airheads wreck would have all been listed as "life saved by seatbelt" except.. we weren't wearing the frigging seatbelts.

How do they come up with the numbers?  why they guess.. not a reasonble guess based on case by case or even a group of cases at random but.. by saying.. X amount of less people died for X amount of miles.. Lots of other factors to consider.

I am waiting for you to say you are sorry MT.

lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2008, 11:04:59 AM »
Your chances of being in a wreck where a seatbelt will save your life is tiny..  Your chances of being the victim of a violent crime is one in four. 
lazs

Lifetime huh? You must have used the invisible ink for that one.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2008, 11:06:10 AM »
Here is a good study for lifetime victim rate.. DOJ

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE1DF133DF936A25750C0A961948260

Now.. you can link me to a study that shows what your chance is of being saved by a seatbelt in your lifetime.

All we care about is our lifetime after all.. not the chances each and every year.

I will wait for your seatbelt numbers and proof and for you to say you are sorry.

lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2008, 11:18:28 AM »
http://www.trafik.gov.tr/english/traffic_safety/traffic_safety_usage_of_safety_belts.asp

Here's one.

Three pointed seat belts decrease serious injuries for people travelling in cars by 45% and in lorries by 60%.

Where 24.8% of people wearing seat belts overcome the accidents without any damage in mortal accidents, the same rate for the ones that are not wearing seat belts is 6.3%.

In advanced researches, it has been found out that use of seat belts in the back seat prevents 2/3 of death and injuries that occur in the back seat and 6% of deaths in the front seat.

In all serious injuries, back seat seat belts decrease the severity of the injury by 50%. (1)

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2008, 02:23:03 PM »
MT...Lasz...Nice hijack!  :aok

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2008, 02:24:03 PM »
MT...Lasz...Nice hijack!  :aok

Carefull, you might get hit in the purse crossfire  :D

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2008, 02:26:21 PM »
Carefull, you might get hit in the purse crossfire  :D
:rofl

(Ducking to avoid flying compacts, lipstick, ridiculously large keychains, tinkerbelle pens, and tampon applicators)

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2008, 02:34:12 PM »

I am waiting for you to say you are sorry MT.

lazs

Still waiting for the opportunity to accept your apology.

MT

Love means never having to say you're sorry.

Ali MacGraw

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2008, 02:08:08 AM »
Oh yeah Jackal?? You think I'm a whimp or something? How bout I come down to your house and we see how tough YOU are? Just PM me your address, fella...I double dog dare ya.  :mad:

SOB, in case Jackal gives me his address, can I borrow your spider monkey?

Just get in the Lake Tawakoni Texas area and ask for Motorcycle Jack.
In all fairness I have to warn you though on the grounds of fair play.
I have attack guard parakeets. One attack parakeet can take down 3 or 4 spider monkeys.
I have to admit though I can`t throw them as fast as I used to..........but they be packin heat.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 02:27:23 AM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2008, 02:24:57 AM »
You have anything but hate speech for people of a different political view or should I save myself the trouble and put you on the ignore list?   :huh

Do your self a favor and put me on ignore list. I wouldn`t do it intentionaly, but without thinking I might post some mean old text that would scare you. I hate "hate speech". The boogey man gonna get ya<---------hate speech.
Phffffffffffftttttttttttttttt! How utterly PC what...eh.
I would appreciate no further interruptions at least until I can get these online forms filled out applying for CCWs for my attack parakeets.
I don`t know what day Airhead on gonna show up ya know.........and someone probably WILL loan him a spider monkey just for the heck of it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 02:31:10 AM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2008, 09:36:26 AM »
well the thing was going nowhere..  lot's of accusations of story fabrication.  I don't want to speculate on that part of it.. I have no idea if it is true or not...I replied to the people who thought it was paranoid to even have a gun or carry it with the facts that it was less paranoid than wearing a seatbelt.

Now.. MT..  I did not say lifetime.. that is true.. I said "ever".  Now, in the context of humans.. would "ever" mean to you.. a year in their life or..  well... ever?

I like your link... "lorries"  That would be trucks to us Americans.   No stats for what your chances of being saved by a seatbelt in your lifetime... "ever" are tho eh?   It is all a guess but you are unlikely to ever get into a wreck where a seatbelt will save your life.

My stats show what your chances of being a violet crime victim are in your life.. in some cases it is like 80% but the wussy seatbelt sissies wont show their data.. only what they speculate will be your chances if you are in potential fatal (as defined by.. nothing) wreck.   The best they do is show fatal accidents and who was and wasn't wearing the things and go from that..  In that case.... everyone died..seatbelts or no..the only thing you can say is if you are in a fatal car wreck..  you will die 100% of the time.. seatbelts or no.   You can only guess as to what that works out to on non fatal car wrecks.

But.. I will let you guys get back to the real gist of the thread... is he lying or not?

lazs

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2008, 09:38:25 AM »
OK, I've got SOB's spider monkey- I traded my Nerf football for it. Monday I'll take a bus to Texas.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2008, 09:43:36 AM »
I accept your apology.