Author Topic: Reputations count.....  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2001, 02:58:00 PM »
Did you know that the strongest muscle in humans entire body is the tongue!  Its true!

Do you know that a flea can jump 300 times the distance of its own body?  That's the equivelent of you jumping the length of a football field!

Did you know that elephants don't jump?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2001, 02:58:00 PM »
shame such a positive thread turns negative...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2001, 03:01:00 PM »

Originally posted by Eagler:
shame such a positive thread turns negative...

Eagler

(Pssst...doing my best at turning it back positive,at a subliminal level, but don't tell anyone!   )

AKSeaWulfe

Reputations count.....
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2001, 03:07:00 PM »
Did you know it takes 200something odd muscles to frown but it takes only 2 muscles to extend your middle finger?  
Of course in the event you piss off the other person, it takes 100 muscles to say "Ouch" and another 50 to knock his lights out. In the end, you exert more energy and generally feel better about yourself by releasing all your anger.  
-SW

Offline Vila

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.flyingpigs.com
Reputations count.....
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2001, 04:06:00 PM »
These guys are good, but Drex is the best virtual pilot I've ever flown with or against.  The guy is awesome.  

------------------
Vila <Flying Pigs>
Oink! Oink! To War!

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2001, 04:30:00 PM »
I hate to break it to you guys, but Drex is really a highly advanced AI bot. DweebRulingEXtraordinare, being tested by the USN in AH.

An earlier model of this AI, a prototype in fact, was stolen by the chinese along with those nuclear secrets when Monica was servicing the presidential staff. The chinese have tested it in the past few days, resulting in a failed HO attempt by one of their experimental planes.

More news at 10...

Offline Brat

• Zinc Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2001, 05:12:00 PM »

Originally posted by Nath-BDP:
Blah Westy, don't deny it, you have an affection for me, albeit you worship my skills as a pilot in AH or my stunning good looks... <G> Prolly both.

Funny how in other threads when you start your toejam with me then I promptly put it back in your face you then just disapear from the thread not to be heard from again. Typical little message board jockey.

There is no other reason why you would constantly remark on things I say and when others say practically the exact same thing you don't even comment.

As far is this is concerned:

"You actually do more damage to your own reputation/image when you post than anyone could possibly."

It's funny, you seem to be the only person that thinks this. Or cares.

And this:

"I reply to assinine remarks and stupid people equally here."

Again with the name calling crap. How mature.
"Superiority complex" sound familar?

Actually, I'd say its more of a giant ego combined with not taking toejam from anyone.

As far as EYE is concered, I laughed my bellybutton off when I read your replies to him. Figures, all you can do is post on this bbs that's an extension of a game--yet you can't back up what you say there so you're just a typical message board jockey. I have seen the likes of you in many an online game. You are not even worth my time, gnat--it's just fun to poke away at you and see how hard you can try to piss me off. It's not working son.

you ARE from New York aren't you?

*rolls his eyes*

eym reely gud at thu flite simz!!!

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2001, 05:31:00 PM »
You don't have to be a "top gun" to have a good reputation....heck, some of the finest AH pilots are goon drivers.

Sunchaser is just one of many that comes to mind first.

Nath-BDP

Reputations count.....
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2001, 06:18:00 PM »
aye!

funked

Reputations count.....
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2001, 06:19:00 PM »
knobface thanks for the kind words.  I just don't take compliments too well.    

PS Vila my money is still on Garn.  Drex is right there though.  They both give me nightmares.

PPS You are pretty good too.  One of my highlights in WB was knocking down you and Garn on the same hop.    

PPPS Mitsu is the closest thing to Garn here.  There are probably better "hunters" but with guys like Garn and Mitsu, no altitude advantage guarantees safety.  You have to be very careful.

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 04-04-2001).]

Nath-BDP

Reputations count.....
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2001, 06:53:00 PM »
You haven't fought DMF or I enough funked. <grin>

DMF is better imo than all the playahs mentioned here.

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 04-04-2001).]

Offline Robert

• Copper Member
      • http://home.midsouth.rr.com/rwysairwar/
Reputations count.....
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2001, 06:55:00 PM »
I think I fall under this quote by Westy

You got to have some semblance of a personality though, IMO, to have a reputation. Otherwise you're just a deadly drone.
Ahem <cough>.

RWY

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2001, 09:12:00 AM »
 Deadly? YES!   A drone? No way. Good cod, no way.  

-Westy    

p.s  lol. funny who my score is better than!  

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 04-05-2001).]

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
Reputations count.....
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2001, 09:38:00 AM »
I really do not care who's better or worse pilot. It only takes time. What I look for is a nice guy to spend time. In my book, here is where reputations count.

In this particular field, we are, save for some exceptions, an awsome bunch of people. I even enjoy ch1.

Just a few names that comes to mind...Zigrat (always ready to work as mission planner, as well as a hell of a pilot), Asmodan (really nice guy, and another fine stick), straffo (I only crossed with him a couple of times, but was enough), StSanta (as far from dweebery as anyone can be), Nexx (Great Guy, never saw anyone as good as him in panzer), ammo (I still remember Afrika Korps times, really sad cause 101 squad missed the bus in Hostile Shores   )...Really a LOT of great people out there.

These are the characters I seek in this game. I dont give a rat's youknowwhat if they have a kill streak of this or that, or if they master that or this plane. If my life were at risk, I would put more factor into account, but this is my passtime, and I want my time spent as good as possible. And these guys are masters at it. <S> to all, and the bunch of the others I don't put their names.

Now you will just stop shooting at me, right?  

Cheers,

Pepe