Author Topic: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!  (Read 7349 times)

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2008, 04:29:31 PM »
Furballers UNITE!  :salute

Offline TARGUT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2008, 05:04:11 PM »
I never understood why someone would furball or pick, when there is vulchin 2 B done

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2008, 07:20:36 PM »
Mechanic,
You used the word E-fight, instead of talking about people who OPHA only and never attempt to kill anything aware of their presence, so I'm going to have to call you on it...
{SNIP}

good post, i am afraid i disagree with you on certain points. E fighting covers it all from skilled killing to scared 'pick tards'. it's all a form of 'fighting' using your 'energy' as a weapon. 

on a different note, you know what i think? i think that alot of people damning furballing are flying planes unsuited to furballing on purpose to excuse themself from learning a bit about turn fighting. If you are so very plane dependant i suggest you either choose another plane or find a way of flying your plane without being a weenie about it. personaly i love to furball in the mosquito.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 07:23:16 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Brocster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2008, 07:28:17 PM »
     Man this wheel never stops....you really truly don't have to justify your playing style..really, I mean it.

Just curious....you the Sick Pup Rhino?
Dodging the wife ack on my 6 at all times

- - When my two year old pulls the joystick cable out, can I get my own proxie kill?  - -

Flying as CrzeMonk in the MA

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2008, 08:40:38 PM »
on a different note, you know what i think? i think that alot of people damning furballing are flying planes unsuited to furballing on purpose to excuse themself from learning a bit about turn fighting. If you are so very plane dependant i suggest you either choose another plane or find a way of flying your plane without being a weenie about it. personaly i love to furball in the mosquito.

You can furball in any plane, but we all know some aircraft are better suited to it than others.  Your mosquito is an unpopular choice, at least in the furballs I see.

I don't know about other so-called pick-tards, but I started off as a furballer...  I flew SpitV/IX's, 109F's in WB 1.x, and then the Ki84 when version 1.11 came out.  Maybe because of the energy fighting potential of these aircraft, I soon became aware that I was more deadly and survived more often once I stopped hanging on the stall-horn half the time.  Then I tried the P-47D, F4U, P-51, 190 and 109K... Then I never went back to those oh-so-romantic furballs, where men are men and everyone else is in a Spixteen (except for the occasional guilty pleasure in the HurriIIc when it came out in 2.x).
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2008, 10:05:23 PM »

Well, like I wrote, I have hours and hours of turn n' burn practice in the DA under my belt, and abit in the MA to boot. It is fun. But in the madness of the MA, I think such planes/tactics are not a way of life, they are a way of death. Which is fine if it suits you. But I see alot of people who purportedly do not care one whit about their cartoon "death" complaining about the circumstances of their cartoon deaths.

I fly the planes MOST suited to a furball-ones that can move through the furball at high speed taking shots, zooming up to do it again, and leave the 9 legions of zombie gang tards in the dust when nessecary. I have yet to see a huge fight where everyone comes in co-alt co-e, pairs off, and duels with clean merges, with no uber-planes jumping on lesser endowed planes (The P-40s fight the P-40s, the Spit16s fight the Spit16s, etc and so forth).  At least half of the kills in a furball will be out-and-out picks with one plane bouncing the other unaware during an engagment with all the advantages. The only difference between a picking 190D9 and a picking HurriIIc in a furball is average airspeed...and the fact that the latter will typically have an easier gun solution. Hardly grounds for one side or the other to get up on the soap box and proclaim their righteousness.

(Lets look at this for a moment. You hate being picked out of the middle of a fair fight, correct? So you've just turned and burned your heart out in a stall fight, and you are in the saddle, ready to consumate your well-earned kill, when you get a check 6. Would you rather the con bearing down on your 6 be  A. a P51D barrelling in from orbit at 500mph, B. a HurriIIc approaching "just fast enough"? Which is easier to avoid? Be honest. I think you must admit that while everyone hates getting picked, the BnZ pickers moving at Mach .65 or so are most benign of the breed.)

For the record, I do NOT come in high looking to steal some green guy's  hard earned kill by busting up a 1v1. That is the lowest of the low behavior, but it has a proper name-kill stealing, why don't we just call it that? But it happens to me often enough, I'll  attack a lone spit high say, the maneuvers will cause us to be descending, the spit will do a  break, and then a green guy or three will take the opportunity to saddle on them while I'm doing my high yo-yo. Mind you, often enough this is a con that would be bouncing THEM with an alt advantage if not for me. So rather than waste my time, ammo, and "E" fighting three friendlies for a 1/5th chance of a kill and a 50/50 chance of dying to killshooter, I'll often just let go, zoom back up, and be watching their backs for them (I'm soft-hearted that way).

Plane choice is a paper-rock-scissors thing my friend. The Spit16 absolutely trumps the 190D9 in terms of which one is better suited to winning a fair duel...yet the latter is better suited to surviving chaotic multi-bandit enagements in many ways. The ironic part here is that a BnZ plane often allows for LESS "timid" flying because it can attack greater numbers more recklessly with a decent chance of surviving, as opposed a slower TnB type. I don't hunt in sectors where the green bar dwarfs the red, because it is harder to fight numerous green guys for limited kills than it is to fight red guys for survival, especially in a BnZ aircraft. And I've often paired with a wingman, climbed, and gone behind the lines where the enemy was massing an attack, for the purpose of disrupting them before they get to our territoy. (No kills are nessecary to make such a mission a success. If an enemy plane is damaged so that it lands, that is small help for our side, same thing with forcing them to give up alt, throwing their coordination/timeline off, or forcing jabos to skin their ordinance. Any of these things can make me about as happy as RTBing with kills.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 10:40:40 PM by BnZ »

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2008, 11:34:00 PM »
Here's a new bend on it.  I may not like enemy pickers but I am getting particularly tired of teamates diving into my fight to grab the kill that I just did all the work for.  Just plain rude.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2008, 12:10:23 AM »

Just curious....you the Sick Pup Rhino?

Nope, sorry wrong guy.  I'm Phan in the MA.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2008, 12:12:22 AM »
It doesn't mesh together because pickers "depend" on getting easy kills when the other guy is busy fighting. A pick tard adds no benifit to the actual fight, they are leeches. Hence the reason people get pissed of at pick dweebs. There is a major diffrence in keeping your alt and mastering energy fighting vs being a picktard.

Not to mention 80% of the time when you go after a picktard they run off to their 5 buddies because 9 times out of 10 they can't fight their way out of a paper bag in a 1 on 1 at equal alt. Soon as they lose the advantage it's run to the deck like a school girl rather than actually fight and try to learn something.

I'm not a big fan of furballs myself, because it's ruled by the gang tard mentality. I like 1 on 1 fights or maybe a good 1 vs 2 but in this day and age it's always very hard to find them in the MA's. Well not with out the picktards and gangtards showing up. In short this game is full of tards and dweebs that think landing 5 or 6 noob kills is more impressive than fighting it out in a 1 on 1 with a good stick.

Funny, it looks to me like you just enjoy calling people names.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2008, 12:29:31 AM »
You want to know what pisses off furballers? The situation tonight in the MA. In LWORANGE the Bish were outnumbered a bit, but not by a lot, something like bish:100 knit:120 rook:130. Very workable odds... until the score-potatos and gang-bangers get a hold of the situation. I made 1 film just to check the numbers and there were no less than 40 rooks attacking 1 single base (that were in range of my film).

I took some screen shots of the clipboard map, then in paintshop highlighted the areas of engagement based on the radar BAR.

now with the icons enabled I overlayed the same circles:

Notice that there is almost no fight except on the outnumbered country. This is not a bish, knit, or rook thing, it is a hoard thing.

(HTC BTW I wish you'd allow the GUI to allow the changing of size for the font for base ID's and maybe even the base icon size)

I was already choosing to fly for the "little guy" hoping for fights and possibly some more "action", I sure got it.

So in that situation overwhelmingly out numbered (and I am a suck pilot) I can either: A log off. B: change arenas to the same map and country position in LWBLUE. C: change sides to the "horde" and help gang-bang the bishops getting cheap boring kills on guys that can't even get in the air.

You guys that want to "win the war" keep fudging it up for people looking for some air to air combat fun, next thing you know all you'll have is nothing to fight. You also forget the second you "win the war" the countdown for the arena reset is on for a fresh new war. Yeah you win, now you have to start all over again. Oh yeah, you do get 25 fighter perks closer to being able to auger another jet, so you can try and win more "wars" so maybe one day you can fly that jet into the ground again.

<EDIT> BTW in case you were wondering my choice... A log off and say to hell with wasting my time. this is a game, games are meant to be fun.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 12:32:42 AM by Mustaine »
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2008, 12:34:37 AM »
Good post Dave.   Anyone who knows me, knows I no longer care about "free perks" from a reset.   I'd rather fight.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2008, 12:43:45 AM »
thanks Jay, I will say this, I am about 75% with the rest of the Muppets in giving up AH once and for all.

Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2008, 12:51:39 AM »
Mustaine:

Or maybe D: Take off from a back country base in your trusty D9, with a wingman or two preferably, get some alt, come in high and kill/pester the gang over your base. (I am a TERRIBLE shot so I fall more into the pester category) Better, try to bounce them in transit, when many of them won't even be checking their sixes for you, and get some vengeance that way. Commit a little aerial murder, ruin some sorties, put a little general dissaray into their midst, put the fear of God into the horde, so that they sprain their thumbs working the hatswitch to scan the sky for "Huns in the Sun", and if luck is with you, get clean away with your dirty deeds. Its a good thing....

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2008, 12:52:56 AM »
Very good post Dave. I have to agree with you the way things are going there wont be any fights in the MA. The few that you can find will just turn into a mess of giant hoards with a win the war attitude.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2008, 01:07:51 AM »
I never understood why someone would furball or pick, when there is vulchin 2 B done

personally i think vulching is much worse than picking,

on another note, i had some great fights tonights, was out numberd mostly and still came away with 30 kills.
although i wanted to defend the "all spit 16 drivers " are lame comment so i had woodard school me in how sweet an f6f can fight!!! man i shoulda waited till it was the "all hurri drivers are HOers..."

<S> Wood great flying