Author Topic: Worlds fastest street legal car  (Read 2962 times)

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Re: Worlds fastest street legal car
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »
One is a 2004 Corvette, the Viper mentioned above and the other is a Mobile from South Africa.

All three were on the Auto Bahn at one point and driven around Europe.

Obviously not stock but meet the speed/ cost requirement.

Strip

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2008, 08:10:47 AM »
And they were 250 mph cars? They were registered in Europe or just visiting?
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

-Archangel Gabriel, The P

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2008, 08:40:15 AM »
Two of them were shipped over to Germany specially for the Auto Bahn and the other was a take over with a TOD assignment.

I dont know the specifics of being registered or not but all 3 are 250 mph cars measured by second sources.

Strip

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2008, 09:05:52 AM »
So in other words they were not registered in Europe, but were in fact American registered cars visiting Europe.
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2008, 09:21:41 AM »
LOL! what a nitpick.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Lumpy/whoever you are
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2008, 09:25:45 AM »
Technicalities... The supercar moniker is an arbitrary name, and a vague one at that.  If it makes a gearhead or seasoned driver/pilot hard by virtue of its performance, it ought to qualify.  You can narrow down 'supercars' from the top of the list that satisfy that specification.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2008, 09:26:03 AM »
LOL! what a nitpick.

Not at all. The whole point was that production cars like the Veyron must meet European standards and regulations. American custom cars do not.

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Lumpy/whoever you are
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2008, 09:29:37 AM »
Technicalities... The supercar moniker is an arbitrary name, and a vague one at that.  If it makes a gearhead or seasoned driver/pilot hard by virtue of its performance, it ought to qualify.  You can narrow down 'supercars' from the top of the list that satisfy that specification.

If so then you devalue the term "supercar". Most Porsche cars are not supercars for instance. They are just luxury sports cars. Only the really expensive top end 911's and GT3 qualify as supercars. Exclusivity is as much a part of "supercarness" as performance and looks.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2008, 12:53:29 PM »
ya.. it's a nitpick lumpy. It's a gross case of trying to be dismissive. 250 isn't some magical impossible to reach number that only 15 radiators can bring.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2008, 01:27:36 PM »
ya.. it's a nitpick lumpy. It's a gross case of trying to be dismissive. 250 isn't some magical impossible to reach number that only 15 radiators can bring.

Hmmm, do top fuel dragsters even bother with a radiator? I don't neccessarily know why you would when you're only at max power for about 4 seconds, then the engine is rebuilt.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2008, 02:53:05 PM »
For those who care thats only 600 revolutions at full power between overhauls.

Talk about maintence intensive!

IMHO 250 is just another number....in a few years it will be 275...then 300.

Anyone remember the engineers who said wheel driven vehicle would ever break 250 mph in the 1/4 mile?  Fast fact.....top fuels cars break 260mph in the 1/8 mile now.

Strip

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2008, 04:43:01 PM »
The Veyron is a nice car.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2008, 10:49:49 AM »
It is good that they made such a car.. It is good that hot rodders around the world make their cars too.

lazs

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2008, 10:39:23 PM »
Even if I could afford one of those ultra high end cars I wouldn't buy one. Not because I don't like them, but because I have modified every single vehicle I have ever owned, and I just don't see spending that kind of money and then changing everything I don't like about it.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2008, 12:26:05 AM »
Who needs something like that. I just personally like the way that the Aston Martin is styled.

When I grow up I am getting one of these rides... :D

I am 36 now and looking for one slightly used one when I am about 40.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"