Author Topic: Dont mute me bro!  (Read 3296 times)

Offline effect

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Re: Dont mute me bro!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 12:30:53 AM »
Thats a lil extreme bipers, I didnt want this thread to turn into a name calling contest and get deleted... although the second or third reply from NoBaddy said they would delete it anyway.  In that case, I guess that makes them forum nazis too, as much as I hate to say it, thats pretty messed up.     :noid
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:54:03 AM by effect »

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 01:18:21 AM »
Using profanity in the game or BB, masked or not, is an indicator of a lack of control and maturity. Simple as that.

Offline effect

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 01:50:21 AM »
lol

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 02:17:36 AM »
Using profanity in the game or BB, masked or not, is an indicator of a lack of control and maturity. Simple as that.

and you are?

oh yeah no one
k thanks
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline effect

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 04:13:11 AM »
lmao bipers

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 04:47:36 AM »
You're in HiTech's house and if you dont say it in front of your mother, don't say it in HiTech's house.

Does this mean I can say anything I want know?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 07:30:39 AM »
@ fuzeman,.....my moms pretty profane sometimes,..just a thought.
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 07:32:36 AM »
text filters dont always work that well. coupla years ago I suddenly got permabanned from an ET server I used to play on. went to the clan's forum and asked why, got the response
"we will NOT tolerate racism of any kind on our server. you have been permabanned, there is no appeal and your login to the forums will be deleted."
finally got them to dig out the logs, someone had typed a slightly smutty joke on global chat and I had responded with *s-n-i-g-g-e-r*. doh. (had to insert hyphens here cus this forum also isnt too smart)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 07:35:04 AM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 07:38:22 AM »
Bipolor grow up, if you acted like a decent responsible adult you wouldn't constantly have problems.

Effect I used to be a mod, I can swear to you on all that I hold holy and dear that mods do NOT have it "in" for people. After all, they just want to fly too. But if you persist in bad language, attitudes, and attacking people you will draw their attention.  Once you have done so can you really expect people to forget overnight?
Also what you think people "get away" with is more often than not a 10 - 60 min mute. Mods do their work behind the scenes, you don't know what warnings are sent. You don't know what mutes are handed out. So how can you critique their job performance????

You guys think the MA mods or the CM crew are tough, come play with me in the TA someday.

Not to mention that I taught many  of those CM guys how to run an event. (or deal with problems)  <S>

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 07:49:10 AM »
<f> what's the difference of typeing that than typing "wtf"? Most of the younger kids know and type more slang computer phrases than i've even heard of. I'm fairly tolerant of people getting frustrated and venting a bit but when they go on a profanity laden rant for 5 min or more i just squelch em. I've squelched people that were not even talking to me but on country channel just for being annoying and ranting about something that had nothing to do with the game. I'd like to see a "request moderator" type button somewhere. Instead of the moderator just jumping in for something he/she finds offensive, unless it's blatant, he/she should have to be requested to look at the offenders text/vox.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2008, 07:58:20 AM »
Wish they would mute the guys that constantly cry when they die and belittle people calling them names for hours on end. Same ole stupid line over and over and over again. I'd prolly tune 200 more if It wasn't full of idiots that babble and argue with everyone hours on end. Their more disruptive then the occasional guy that mistypes a cuss word.
I wish they would mute all the cowards that run instead of fight, or the ganger twits that alwyas hide in a horde, or HO/run doras and ponies that avoid fighting only to come back and try to cherry fights! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2008, 08:14:12 AM »
Vulgarity is the first refuge of the mediocre...

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 08:58:54 AM »
Vulgarity is the first refuge of the mediocre...

when you coming back?  It's been years since I've run into a decently flown La-7.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2008, 09:10:49 AM »
There's no excuse for a poor raising.

When 200 really gets going I always think of an old saying.....

"Big Shots are usually of low caliber"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 09:20:29 AM »
  I just want to hear what other peoples opinions are and what they have to say about it. 

<S>
effect     :rock

Don't be a turd on 200, problem solved.