Author Topic: Syrian Nukes  (Read 2868 times)

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Syrian Nukes
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 09:43:04 PM »
I always thought Pakistan was Hindu. I looked it up and they are 96% Muslim, so I was wrong.

Pakistan used to be part of India, but seceded after the British left due to the very fact you posted. And btw. any country with -stan at the end of its name is Islamic.
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

-Archangel Gabriel, The P

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2008, 09:43:39 PM »
Not at all. I'm asking if the government of Syria has expressed such wishes as you have claimed. In case you don't know, the Syrian government is secular, much like Hussain's Iraq was secular. Syria is not like Iran at all.
Let me ask it another way.
What do you think the result of Syria becoming nuclear would be?

Enlighten me.

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 09:45:28 PM »
I have no idea. If I had to venture a guess ... not much if anything. They might dare to speak up more often.

What do you think will happen?
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 10:00:11 PM »
I have no idea. If I had to venture a guess ... not much if anything. They might dare to speak up more often.

lumpy listen to someone who lives in the region, the moment syria has nuclear capability, the already tenative semi stability that exsists will fall apart, and trust me israel knows when and where they will reach a production scale uranium enrichment process, hense the little "airspace penatration" last summer. And yes i will find you a speach of syrian official saying the demise of israel is soon etc when i have a little more time.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 10:02:42 PM by evenhaim »
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 10:01:11 PM »
You said an example, not words that were identical.

Check again.

Would you kindly quote a Syrian official stating that?

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2008, 10:03:26 PM »
lumpy listen to someone who lives in the region, the moment syria has nuclear capability, the already tenative semi stability that exsists will fall apart, and trust me israel knows when and where they will reach a production scale uranium enrichment process, hense the little "airspace penatration" last summer. And yes i will find you a speach of

Sounds very aggressive of you. Sounds like Syria needs the weapons to discourage further "airspace penatration".

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2008, 10:05:28 PM »
First, do a little research on history. Harold Wilson was prime minister. The sale of plutonium was made despite a warning from British intelligence that it might  what they called a "material contribution to the Israeli weapons program" back then.

Under Wilson, Britain also sold Israel tons of chemicals used to make boosted atom bombs 20 times more powerful than Hiroshima or even Hydrogen Bombs.

In Harold Macmillan's time the UK supplied uranium 235 and the heavy water which allowed Israel to start up its nuclear weapons production plant at Dimona - heavy water which British intelligence estimated would allow Israel to make "six nuclear weapons a year".

The US did NOT agree to this.  Just as we do not agree with any brown skin religious nutjob....er, middle eastern country today having such a weapon.

Hey Rip, read this:http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/israel/nuke/

It mentions' very little about Britain, but says that actually France helped Isreal build the bomb.

And if you read down in this one:http://www.wagingpeace.org/articles/2002/03/00_steinbach_israeli-wmd.htm

It looks like we had some hand in it, too.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 10:08:31 PM by FrodeMk3 »

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2008, 10:13:09 PM »
Hey Rip, read this:http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/israel/nuke/

It mentions' very little about Britain, but says that actually France helped Israel build the bomb.
correct, till the embargo.

Lumpy your watching through window so you feel comfortable with making dumb remarks like that. Israel took out Iraq's reactor and now Syria's  imagine 2 country's who have clearly labeled their disdain for this country and their intent to erase a state the size of Rhode island of the map possessing nuclear power. If someone aims a gun at you and your up against a wall, would you die quietly or protect yourself, hell its even in the bible....
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2008, 10:15:25 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGcOVlshoOo

Take the time to watch this and take your pick.

Watching that vid makes me think much more of Syrian,  Didn't see any thing that makes me think it is any different then 99% of the other rising industrial countries out there.  Some internal problems not not a lot of hate

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2008, 10:16:35 PM »
correct, till the embargo.

Lumpy your watching through window so you feel comfortable with making dumb remarks like that. Israel took out Iraq's reactor and now Syria's  imagine 2 country's who have clearly labeled their disdain for this country and their intent to erase a state the size of Rhode island of the map possessing nuclear power. If someone aims a gun at you and your up against a wall, would you die quietly or protect yourself, hell its even in the bible....

Oh I understand your reasons for not wanting your neighbours to have these weapons ... but not being Israeli I also understand that the Syrians want them. After all their neighbour has them and is behaving very aggressively towards them, even invading their airspace from time to time.

I would want nukes if I was a neighbour of Israel.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2008, 10:19:10 PM »
I think the Syrians see things differently, and they are probably not much interested in what you think is "likely".

Amazingly enough, I could give a fig what you think as well.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2008, 10:20:20 PM »

Well, this isn't a science experience in 12th grade, nor should it be treated like one. The Nuclear weapon train needs to be stopped, not perpetuated, not accepted. Just stopped.

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2008, 10:24:54 PM »
Amazingly enough, I could give a fig what you think as well.

:aok

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2008, 10:28:38 PM »
Well, this isn't a science experience in 12th grade, nor should it be treated like one. The Nuclear weapon train needs to be stopped, not perpetuated, not accepted. Just stopped.

Heh. Interrestingly we have completely opposite views on that. Since it is impossible to stop the "train" and to remove all nukes already in the world ... especially if nobody trusts anybody and particularly not the UN. I think every country should have nukes and a common understanding that the first country to use them would be totally eradicated by the others. MAD ... it's the only way.

However I do understand that some people do not want to give up their monopoly on "super-power" weapons.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2008, 10:30:08 PM »
Except we weren't the ones who invaded the other 3 times and attack with other means multiple times, i think that has no comparison to a defensive strike on a single target.... Your inability to analyze the situation is beyond me.
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets