Author Topic: Another rant about maps  (Read 2159 times)

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
Re: Another rant about maps
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2008, 04:47:05 PM »
I just love the fact that you are still going for bait on this one. This thread is no longer a request, just a quest.

P.S. It's tough to have bunched panties when you dont wear underwear... But do ask your mom to come get her panties off my floor, its getting annoying. :aok

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2008, 04:58:30 PM »
I just love the fact that you are still going for bait on this one. This thread is no longer a request, just a quest.

P.S. It's tough to have bunched panties when you dont wear underwear... But do ask your mom to come get her panties off my floor, its getting annoying. :aok

I know you are, but what am I?

(Damn, now you made me stoop down to your level)
Wow.  You definitely are not a descendant of Einstein.

I already addressed this with soonerMP.  Perhaps you should share notes with him and see if between the two of you (it's know as collaborative learning) can solve this problem.

I'll give you another clue.  It's not a trick problem; I actually fly in the game.

Yea, you guys are on a 1 way track to PNG'd. I'd stop at this point. You guys are being mature and ruining a thread. Dont point fingers either, you both are contributing to it, just stop replying to the other ones thread, otherwise, Skuzzy's gonna have to get out his big stick.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2008, 05:31:09 PM »
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Should be:

W.A.A.H

Nurd
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2008, 05:53:57 PM »

Nice comeback......

FOR A 5TH GRADER!! :rolleyes:
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2008, 05:57:37 PM »

IN IN IN

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2008, 06:45:13 PM »
Yay, more pursefights between grown men, over cartoon airplanes, that escalate to threats of physical violence. We're really breaking new ground here, folks!
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2008, 07:09:13 PM »
On a old HD I have version 2.08. Went and had a peek at some of the old maps. How great it would be to have Trinity, Festerma, Donut, and Equinox back.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2008, 07:14:53 PM »
I agree with the OP.  There should be always 1 small map and 1 large in the MA arenas.  Also, there is not enough small maps that HTC is putting up.  It should be balanced between large and small maps.

I'm tired of trying to control 100+ bases simultaneously.  That's so many that a country can not put 1 pilot and each airfield more than half of the time.
Mak

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2008, 02:09:10 PM »
To get an old map to work with the newest version of AH do they just need to be modified or rebuilt from the ground up?
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline stephen waldron

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2008, 04:20:25 PM »
    I agree 100% Maj. and posted similar complaints about maps.  Lots of people share your opinion of the "cavalier" way AH designs, selects and handles the map situation.  Titanic Wednesday "evenings" are particularly annoying.  Ditto there.

I especially deplore the little map with the "Heart" shaped body of water in the center of it.  What makes anyone in their right mind think a wargamer wants to look at images of "hearts" while playing a combat game.  What's next ?  A "Bunny" Map ?  And before any of you dweebs suggest just choosing a different arena to play in, to begin with, I WOULDN'T BE CAUGHT DEAD in the HEART shaped room unless the other rooms had more serious problems.

Some at AH needs to WAKE UP.  or GROW UP before they ruin their business.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2008, 05:01:32 PM »
Originally posted by: KTM520guy:
To get an old map to work with the newest version of AH do they just need to be modified or rebuilt from the ground up?

Everything that has changed since those maps were built would have to be changed.  Terrain textures, transitions(they are done differently now), every field(new layout) & CVs(new type).  There may be more but that's the ones I'm sure of.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2008, 05:10:15 PM »
Bring on the Bunny map!  Just make sure it's a Playboy bunny map.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2008, 05:12:42 PM »
Originally posted by: KTM520guy:
Everything that has changed since those maps were built would have to be changed.  Terrain textures, transitions(they are done differently now), every field(new layout) & CVs(new type).  There may be more but that's the ones I'm sure of.

I guess I'll get started then.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2008, 08:44:35 PM »
I guess I'll get started then.

That's the spirit. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2008, 10:14:13 PM »
    Some at AH needs to WAKE UP.  or GROW UP before they ruin their business.

This made me feel giggly.

For years people have been saying this about this and other topics.  Funny thing that, HTC is still here are probably stronger than they've ever been.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High