Author Topic: My wishlist  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: My wishlist
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 03:34:01 PM »
I'm waiting for the "not big enough guns" remarks. :rolleyes:

Their guns aren't big enough.  I don't want them.  Your list is not 1337 enough.  :noid :noid

In other news,...

You forgot the A-26   :cry :cry

But I am glad to see the Beaufighter and D.520 in there!

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »
Ack Ack:

buttttt... you forgot the Me 410  :o a much needed A/C for the up coming CT. :aok

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 07:13:19 PM »
basicly, what ack ack is trying to say is just give us the n00k!  :D
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 02:45:28 PM »
basicly, what ack ack is trying to say is just give us the n00k!  :D

I was sad to see that you got your replacement computer so fast. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 02:47:58 PM »
Ack Ack:

buttttt... you forgot the Me 410  :o a much needed A/C for the up coming CT. :aok

I don't think you caught the gist of my wishlist.

ack-ack

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 03:52:16 PM »
There's filling holes, then there's just plain inconsequential....

Do 17Z-2 - obsolete before BOB, already being withdrawn, small % in BOB bomber force, after that none.

P.Z.L. P.11
P.Z.L. P.37 Los B
P..Z.L. P.23b

You want 3 1930s designs that are fairly obsolete by the time the war starts, that only took a very small part in the Polish invasion, and fought in extremely small numbers?

Why not include the Stearman biplane? It had about as much impact on the war as these 3 did.

Ca 310 Libeccio

Do you even know the planes you're requesting? This is a plane that had such bad performance during the Spanish Civil War, it wasn't suitable for WW2 use. Quick paste from wikipedia: "The Ca.310 was not considered an effective combat aircraft and when it saw service during World War II, it was as a reconnaissance aircraft and as a light bomber in areas where no serious opposition was expected"

Gloster Gladiator Mk II - maybe a small hole, but pushed out of service at the beginning stage of the war

Gloster Gauntlet - 1935 plane, obsolete, only 1 squadron in the early weeks of the war, "The last use of Gauntlets in UK was for meteorological observations and the last such flight made by a Gauntlet were carried out on 6 December 1939 by K5280 of the Aldergrove Meteorological Flight."

I'm just gonna stop here. Dude, you're asking for every obscure plane for no reason, regardless of the (lack of) impact they had on the war.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »
AND we're off !!!
See Rule #4

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 04:01:10 PM »
Somebody had to say it.

I think Ack-ack is above trolling, so I took it as an honest (serious) post. In response, I felt he needed an honest (serious) retort about the importance of his selections.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 04:01:29 PM »

I'm just gonna stop here. Dude, you're asking for every obscure plane for no reason, regardless of the (lack of) impact they had on the war.

Since when was the criteria that they had some sort of 'impact' on the war?  What impact did the C.202 or C.205 have?  

Those Polish planes were their top of the line fighters at the start of WW2 in 1939 (you do know that's when the war started, right?) and were used to fight valiently against far superior numbers and equipment.  There is no reason not to add them to an early war plane set.  In case you didn't know, our early war setup is anything but as nothing covers 1939-1940 (other than a limited BoB setup) the true early war period.  A good deal of the planes I listed would fit great in a true early war set up of 1939-1940.

Of course I don't expect any of the planes I listed to get added to the game, it's just a wishlist after all.  Though, maybe if I was to put in a late war ride, you'd be more receptive.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 04:03:07 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 06:00:42 PM »
I was sad to see that you got your replacement computer so fast. 

ack-ack

38$ fast shipping  :aok
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 10:46:33 PM »
ack-ack, the pzl pl11 was a 1931 design that was not a modern design. Its top speed was 180mph, horrifyingly slow by the time WW2 came around. Planes at the tail end of WWI were just about that fast.

The pl 37 was the most advanced plane for Poland when the war broke out, but it was still a 1935 design and had limited capabilities. The PZL 27 was extremely slow and unmanuverable, being a recon/light bomber. Bravely (?) used, the majority were destroyed as they (I would say almost suicidally) attacked german armor columns moving into Poland.

None of these planes are "modern" -- the 27 being the closest thing to anything the rest of the world had.

Basically Polish aviation was still in its infancy, and stalled there since the early 30s.

P.S. The C202 was the most produced single model for Italy during the war.* The C205, in equal numbers with the G55 later, was the main frontline fighter after 1543 or so. You have any Italian planes, these two cover the beginning and the end of the war for Italy, so both are somewhat significant. 'Course the C200 or the G.50 would fill a minor super-early hole in the IT planeset.

*= There were 200 more Cr.42s made than C.202s, but these were admittedly obsolete pre war and being phased out for C.200s and G.50s, so I don't count them as "during the war"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 10:54:51 PM by Krusty »

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 04:45:32 AM »
Could someone refresh my memory. What year was the spit, hurri, and the 109 designed?
See Rule #4

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 05:35:12 AM »
Could someone refresh my memory. What year was the spit, hurri, and the 109 designed?

1933 IIRC
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 10:33:00 AM »
Try what year did it first fly?

The years for the PZL planes were first flown, not first designed -- look even earlier to find the design dates.

P.S. One can hardly compare a 109B with a 109E, by the way. Nor can one claim that a plane considered obsolete in the SCW was going to be even remotely "modern" in WW2. Even the most advanced of planes in the SCW needed major revision/updates to be competitive in WW2, whereas the polish designs remained unchanged in their obsolescence.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:34:51 AM by Krusty »

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 11:09:41 AM »
Mate, that's quite a wish given the rate of development over the past 8 years. This is my wish list...

Update all the current aircraft to AH2 levels
Add a realistic weather environment with real time weather engine.
Variety of real world Maps with realistic terrain Mesh,Landclass and seasonal Textures.

Then start working on new planes.

I second that. :aok
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.