Author Topic: Clearer Communication in the MA  (Read 13337 times)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Clearer Communication in the MA
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 10:55:36 PM »
 I tell you what. Let's try an experiment instead. You claim someone can practice situational awareness in a situation they haven't arrived at yet.  O.K.  So you give me the names of five shoppers who will be a WalMart in Slidell, Louisiana at 11:00 PM tonight.  Right now.  I'll go there at exactly 11:00 PM and page them on the intercom and ask them to come to the customer service desk.  You already know how many of them are going to show up...  ZERO.  But we'll give it a shot since you're so sure you're right.
  Next I'll give you all day and all night Tuesday to "practice" you're situational awareness skills.  And we'll have another go at it 11:00 PM tommorrow night. And we'll see just how long you're going to continue with this INSANE argument.    
  There's no way a pilot enroute to a base with the radar down can know before he gets there what opposition he will encounter, without using a radio to call someone else who's already there.  I don't care how much you practice.  That's why they put radios in airplanes.  Now that IS on topic.

I know I shouldn't bother but this analogy is flawed in so many ways I don't even know where to start.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 11:01:07 PM »
   I already know why you want my game i.d.  So you can post my score and other comments in other forum threads and do all kinds of childish nonsense in a vain attempt to change the topic so you can try to conceal your IGNORANCE from the forum.  Been there. You already done that in other threads.  STAY ON TOPIC OR STOP POSTING OR YOU WILL BE REPORTED TO HITECH.   

It's "waldren", by the way, should you happen to encounter him during the 7 or 8 hours a day that he plays.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline stephen waldron

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 11:02:50 PM »
 O.K. it's one minute to 11:00 PM.  I'm here at WalMart with my laptop.  Let's say you're in a C-47 inbound  one minute out.  I don't see anyone standing around here talking to you on a radio.  So you're in the same situation I was in last night. Now give me the name of 5 shoppers here at WalMart.  C'Mon let's see you use some of that "Situational" awareness.

Offline stephen waldron

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 11:05:39 PM »
  Hmmm.  It's now 11:03 PM.  I tell you what.  You practice till tommorrow night and we'll give it another try and see how much you've improved.  Will make it easier too. Instead of 5 names, just give me the name of one shopper who is here.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008, 11:06:37 PM »
What's that noise? :noid

The sound of a tiny snail desperately trying to get away from this very, very tempting thread...
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 11:14:10 PM »
Maybe you being a moron is one reason why people don't respond to you in the MA.

And perhaps after you died the first two times in your C-47, you would think TO LOOK AROUND to spot enemy cons as you approached the airfield to drop sups. But I guess that sort of brain power escapes you.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 11:38:52 PM »
  Hmmm.  It's now 11:03 PM.  I tell you what.  You practice till tommorrow night and we'll give it another try and see how much you've improved.  Will make it easier too. Instead of 5 names, just give me the name of one shopper who is here.

You have some of the brightest minds in all of AH trying to help you out and you are not listening.  Do yourself a favor and read or re-read the Situational Awareness write up on the trainers page.  Please. 

And btw, you are already on probation, so you might want to keep the @#$%^ words out of your posts if you like to continue to have access to the forums.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:42:29 PM by Newman5 »
"Hello, Newman."

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 11:45:57 PM »
  This request is directed to the players in Aces High and not Hitech.  Because Hitech can not address the problem.  Or maybe they can by posting it in their MA etiquette rules for all players.
  Often while playing in the Main Arena I try to make contact by voice and text with other players and I get no responce.  Just dead air and empty text.  I know these players are actively engaged in the game, because I can see their blips flying around on the screen.  Yet they refuse to communicate or can't be bothered with it.
  This lack of respect for proper communication etiquette is extremely frustrating and adversely effects the game play of the flier needing to communicate.  I'll give you an example.
  You're flying airfield supplies into a base where the radar is down and you're trying to find out what kind of opposition you are facing.  You can see half a dozen of your countrymen flying directly over the base and getting ZERO responce.  The next thing you know, you got an nme Typhoon shooting down your C-47 while your heretofore silent and too busy to be bothered countrymen holler "CHECK 6" ! "CHECK 6" !
  Lemme tell all of you something.  If you're too #*^#ing busy to warn me about the nme Typhoon at 5K over the base, I sure as heck don't need to hear your stupid #*^#ing "CHECK 6" warning either.  I can tell from the flames and the sound of the bullets hitting my C-47 I've got an nme plane shooting at me.  But I suppose some people can't pass up the chance to get in some sarcastic humor.
  This hasn't happened once or twice.  It happens repeatedly in the MA and it happens no matter what country you fly for.  This behavior is boorish, childish and completely below the standard of professionalism expected of a combat pilot (even in a game). 

Translation: I GOT SHOT DOWN AND DIDNT GET A CHECK 6 ITS EVERY ONE ELSES FAULT!!!! HTC MAKE THEM LISTEN TO ME!!!!! NOW!!! !
  :furious   :cry :cry    :lol :lol   :rofl
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 11:46:45 PM »
Translation: I GOT SHOT DOWN AND DIDNT GET A CHECK 6 ITS EVERY ONE ELSES FAULT!!!! HTC MAKE THEM LISTEN TO ME!!!!! NOW!!! !
  :furious   :cry :cry    :lol :lol   :rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl
"Hello, Newman."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2008, 12:00:27 AM »
Waldron should patent himself as a perpetual motion machine, for behold: he attracts infinite amounts of energy regardless of what amoebic pertinence his posts are made of.  Soon enough the end of the world will come, for as Ghistradamus prophesized, the end is nigh, indeed!: the amount of sound advice poured into Waldron's pinsized head will exceed its schwarzchild radius and implode itself in a spacetime dweebularity like the house in Poltergeist.

ALL HAIL GHISTRADAMUS!
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 12:26:08 AM »
This is sort of like "No honey, we don't need to stop and ask directions.  I know where I'm going" rather than reading the map or using the GPS.  :rolleyes:
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2008, 12:45:25 AM »
Wow, is this guy for real? I haven't been on the forums much until recently but this thread by far tops everything I've seen in awhile.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2008, 07:11:04 AM »
O.K. it's one minute to 11:00 PM.  I'm here at WalMart with my laptop.  Let's say you're in a C-47 inbound  one minute out.  I don't see anyone standing around here talking to you on a radio.  So you're in the same situation I was in last night. Now give me the name of 5 shoppers here at WalMart.  C'Mon let's see you use some of that "Situational" awareness.
Since the names of the pilots don't really matter, I'll just tell you that there are 2 shopping carts, 1 basket, and 2 people carrying things in their hands. Watch out for the shopping carts... they are noobs and will probably run into you. Don't blame the guy with the basket for not giving you a warning, though. He's too busy looking at the discount DVDs to notice your danger. The other 2 are looking the other way and didn't realize that keeping you safe was their first priority.
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2008, 07:35:57 AM »
I know I shouldn't bother but this analogy is flawed in so many ways I don't even know where to start.

Yes, the analogy shows exactly why stephen got wacked. He, obviously, has no concept of SA or the tools that are available in the game to support it.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2008, 07:41:54 AM »
Maybe you being a moron is one reason why people don't respond to you in the MA.

And perhaps after you died the first two times in your C-47, you would think TO LOOK AROUND to spot enemy cons as you approached the airfield to drop sups. But I guess that sort of brain power escapes you.

There can be no excuse for not seeing things closing on you in a C47. You have God mode view and you can view every single angle with very little effort.

C47s also turn like Spits and because they fly SO slow anything coming in from high on you shouldn't be much of a threat. All you need to do is pull a tight turn inside their angle of attack and any high and fast attacker will have a hard time getting guns on you at all, let alone enough of said guns to maul you.

Like Widewing has said, if you're a banana in-game no one will check 6 you. I know that there are a few guys that I will not check 6 for any reason, regardless of how much trouble they're in. Their behaviour has led me to think so poorly of them that I will not lift a finger (literally) to enhance their leisure time. Of course, I am happy for them to prove me wrong and there are also plenty of guys that I actually genuinely like flying with and against now that I absolutely hated at first.

Waldron, the way you are conducting yourself here leads me to believe that most people would sooner fly across your guns so you killshot yourself before they gave you a check 6.

Your 'safety' is your responsibility. Work well with others and you may be granted the courtesy (not right) of having others share that responsibility with you.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"