Author Topic: Questions with death  (Read 6790 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Questions with death
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2008, 11:30:01 AM »
Oh about 13 Billion years ago there was this big explosion and a huge amount of carbon elements spewed out

Eventually the matter cooled, stars formed, and then erupted in nuclear fusion. Matter around the starts cooled and gravity eventually formed them into planets. The whole thing became an on-going process.

And the whole shebang kept expanding outward, gravity forcing the stars into galaxies, and galaxies dancing around each other also controlled by gravity.

Meanwhile some snotty little star on the near edge of the Milky way had two rocky planets close enough to it to have formed Liquid water. One of them, "Earth", was placed perfectly in an orbit for life to begin. And it did. Either thru seeding by meteors or a home grown synthesis of molecules, simple one cell life began and eventually evolved into complex animals.

Then a big rock hit the earth and all hell broke loose. And it just so happened that the little, helpless, furry mammals were best positioned to live thru the holocaust. These mammals evolved into lots of different complex mammals. One of which eventually became a hairy apelike species on the plains of east central Africa.

Then one fine day a female of this species decided she would be better off leaving the trees and walking on the Savannah. She taught these skills to her young, who taught them to theirs. For all intensive purposes she was Eve.

This new type animal found a taste for meat in their diet. The high protein of which helped develop their already impressive brains. No animal has even come close to their ability to both adopt to new environments and to change the environment to suit them. They went on to control the world called earth.

I am not an atheist but I can understand where they are coming from. Science has answered far more questions then religion has. I still go to church, and still pray, but when someone devout starts telling me Biblical fairy Tales about Adam and Eve I tune them out. I like many scripture quotes but have no time for fairy tales. We are going to die one day and thats the end of it. I do however believe people will have to answer for the evil things they do in Life. Of that there is no question.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2008, 12:01:06 PM »
So we're taking the religious smorgasbord approach?  Pick and choose form what you want to believe from a denomination or text?
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2008, 12:05:37 PM »
My favorite.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2008, 12:08:27 PM »

IIRC Cain was NOT Adam's son............

I don't know where you guys come up with some of this stuff.

Genesis 4:1
And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived and bore Cain

It doesn't get any clearer than that.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2008, 12:15:53 PM »
Maybe it was metaphorical?

I love the ones who don't believe what the bible says, but yet try to translate what it means.

Pretty clear to me ChickenHawk.  No hidden messages there.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2008, 12:18:33 PM »
So we're taking the religious smorgasbord approach?  Pick and choose form what you want to believe from a denomination or text?

Back at the time of Christ people thought Dolphins, Seals, and Whales, were Sea monsters. They thought wild pigs were the Devil.

The Modern bible itself was re-written to appease a Pagan Roman Emperor 325 years after the death of Christ. They essentially "picked and choosed" what Christianity was in order to curry political favor from a Idolater and practicer of Pagan religion. So they picked and choosed long before I did.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2008, 12:41:48 PM »
First off, Envy IS good.  If it weren't for envy, if it weren't for people wanting more, we would still be in the caves bashing our mates over the heads with clubs.  Every single item you see around you, every medical, mechanical and motor advancement in the world is the result of envy and greed.

The great human advancements have been driven by curiosity and the drive to better ourselves, not by Envy.  The early years of physics, astronomy, human flight and space exploration were not driven by envy, nor was the birth of the USA.

Greed and envy are a part of our modern media and materialistic economy now though and we are told it is our duty to shop till we drop and to keep up with the Joneses.  But none of that betters humanity and it certainly doesn't bring happiness.  In fact, it's a big reason we have our current political climate and IMO be the downfall of western civilization.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »
The great human advancements have been driven by curiosity and the drive to better ourselves, not by Envy.  The early years of physics, astronomy, human flight and space exploration were not driven by envy, nor was the birth of the USA.

Greed and envy are a part of our modern media and materialistic economy now though and we are told it is our duty to shop till we drop and to keep up with the Joneses.  But none of that betters humanity and it certainly doesn't bring happiness.  In fact, it's a big reason we have our current political climate and IMO be the downfall of western civilization.

That, and the Telletubbies.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2008, 12:56:13 PM »
The Modern bible itself was re-written to appease a Pagan Roman Emperor 325 years after the death of Christ. They essentially "picked and choosed" what Christianity was in order to curry political favor from a Idolater and practicer of Pagan religion. So they picked and choosed long before I did.
And then we can ride the translation errors from Hebrew and Greek all night long!  Come on ride the train, and ride it!
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2008, 01:01:27 PM »
WRAG
  i must say you hit the nail right on the head. 

someone mentioned that Christendom is the way of Satan, they may not be far off ether.

Falcon

i do believe you love God, but you gotta think about things, Yeshua says " beware savage wolves will come among you in sheep's clothing."

all of Christendom today are off shuts off catholicism, they say there priests can "forgive sins" they say to pray to Mary, they Baptize small children,

they preach the "cross"  do you know the original word was 'stauros", witch simply means "stake" the cross was a pagan symbol, they "Catholic church" changed the worship day from Saturday to Sunday, to get more followers, those who worshiped the sun god Apollo.

how many people where killed in the inquisitions?  millions from what Ive read.

what does Yeshua say? " you will know them by there works " 

who is gonna try to be the "Christ" at the end of time? Satan, but he is not coming as himself he is coming as "Christ" think about this Falcon,
"...he will bruise your head, but you will bruise his heal.." Yeshua's heal, his followers in his footsteps. he (Satan) has been setting up for his deceiving of all men,(if possable even the elect), so he will show himself to be "Christen" the "Christ"

this is REVELATIONS 17:3
think about the vision " and i saw a woman sitting on the scarlet beast... she was clothed in purple and Scarlett and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of the abominations and the filthiness of her fornication's..." 

i believe this is the roman Catholic church, and in a few verses later we find proof

one of the angels explains the vision

REVELATION:17-9

"here is the mind which has wisdom, the seven heads are seven MOUNTIANS on which the woman sits."

did you know that Rome has been called  "the city of seven hills" ?

I'm telling ya you got to get a Strong's concordance it brings every word back to the original ,
even then it might not be perfect, mine says the the Hebrew  "VAV" is W, but that is incorrect it is V.

LAZS
i see you are taking part in this topic,  if you have a few min. you should scroll back, a few pages and read my testimony to the original poster.
i truly hope you do read it.

any ways i hope you all find peace.

Paul

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2008, 01:09:38 PM »
I don't know where you guys come up with some of this stuff.

Genesis 4:1
And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived and bore Cain

It doesn't get any clearer than that.

first off the KJV was written in 1611,

and some things you cant take at face value,
for instance

John:6-56
" he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me and i in them"
there are so many more. but you have to do your own homework.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2008, 01:23:50 PM »

for instance

Are you saying Jesus didn’t advocate cannibalism? Cause I kinda dug that about him....  :aok

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2008, 01:24:58 PM »
Are you saying Jesus didn’t advocate cannibalism? Cause I kinda dug that about him....  :aok

:lol

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2008, 01:36:10 PM »

for instance

There are literal verses and symbolic verses.  You're quote is symbolic where as Genesis was written by Moses as history, so that it would not be lost to future generations.  Try as I might, I can't see why Moses would say that Cain was the son of Adam and Eve if he wasn't.  Why would you not take this verse for what it says?

If you look at Genesis 4:1 in Strongs concordance, you will not find any hidden meaning in it.  It's right there is black and white.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2008, 02:19:08 PM »
There are literal verses and symbolic verses.  You're quote is symbolic where as Genesis was written by Moses as history, so that it would not be lost to future generations.  Try as I might, I can't see why Moses would say that Cain was the son of Adam and Eve if he wasn't.  Why would you not take this verse for what it says?

If you look at Genesis 4:1 in Strongs concordance, you will not find any hidden meaning in it.  It's right there is black and white.

okay so when GOD made Adam and Eve, they being the first two people, had two children Cain and Able, Cain kills Able then God sends him out to the world but he is afraid, because ANYONE who sees him will kill him, WHO THE HECK IS HE TALKING ABOUT?, Moses does not say any thing about another people, but clearly there are, for he takes a wife and has kids. and he already says he is afraid of others killing him.

Cain and Able where twins, Cain being the offspring off Satan Abel being the offspring of  Adam.