Author Topic: Stirring.  (Read 2445 times)

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
Re: Stirring.
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2008, 12:25:08 PM »
actually, when i've done something in offline mode too fast, i get the ""don't move your controls so fast"" message.
then the controls seem to be less effective fopr a few seconds.
 shouldnt this happen ingame too?

It does
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2008, 12:31:45 PM »
In my opinion, there is a difference between jinking and stick stirring.  I can recognize the two as soon as I see it.  If I see a pilot jinking I know that I gotta watch it and be real careful about an overshot or a reversal.  As for the stirrer, its real easy.  The process usually goes like this:

1.  See him burning lots of E while hes gyrating in impossible to do in real life maneuvers without bursting every capillary in his head.
2.  Lag roll, saddle up find his "center of travel" and short bursts.
3.  See him die.
4.  Make fun of him on 200 (optional).

What makes me really laugh are the break dancing spittys.  You know the one.. You saddle up on a spitty and then he starts to do this wave like a break dancer on a street corner on Saturday night.
in game call sign: S1n1ster

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2008, 12:57:02 PM »
Anyone cant stick stirr without pulling negative g's also.  :eek:
If you limit stick movements further, game will be unplayable. How is the game supposed to know if you are trying to keep the plane from stalling on top of a rope and applying rapid rudder movements and/or elevators/aelorons as opposed to 'pissing someone off' on my six at 200 who I'm not straightening out for, for an easy kill? :huh
 Who said I can't be hard on the controls? I'll throw my stick how i fancy, much like the pilots in WW2 did.  :D
My guess is that stick stirring is here to stay. If it means expending more ammo, deal with it.  :aok
But.. thts just my 2 cents

That is why I said ... "if the results of such moves can be realized by the code and then stop you from doing it is what is needed" ... operative word is "if".

Hey ... stick stir all you want ... like most said, 99% of the time the stick-stirrer does end up dieing ... and looking like a fool at the same time.

Personally, I would much prefer to try some sort of aerial reversal/overshoot and if I died as a result, then I can review the film and see what exactly went wrong, and conversely, if I did manage to pull off the reversal/overshoot I can review the film to make sure I understand what I did so I can do it again.

Stick stirring simple shouts out ... "zOMG, I am screwed and I really have no clue as to how I can possibly reverse this situation ... so I will jerk my plane in every possible direction, in rapid succession, because there is no virtual physical penalty and just maybe I can outrun him."

Living and/or dieing as a result of stick stirring ... nothing is really learned that could help in the future.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2008, 01:49:34 PM »
If anything i call it "attempting to survive" you all can consider it as low down as you would like.

If a man is in my sights, has little left to do in the ways of surviving and has to place his aircraft in hard to hit ways, then so be it. It comes to the point where you have left them no other choice, whats wrong, dont like the fact the deer may kick when you try to slice its throat open, boo hoo.

be humane and make sure your first shots hit the mark, if not..you can only blame yourself for your target turning into a floppy fish.This is about one pilots survival over the other.. if it is stupid,but works(or gives you a higher chance of life)..than its not stupid.

Enjoy.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2008, 02:11:39 PM »
If anything i call it "attempting to survive" you all can consider it as low down as you would like.

If a man is in my sights, has little left to do in the ways of surviving and has to place his aircraft in hard to hit ways, then so be it. It comes to the point where you have left them no other choice, whats wrong, dont like the fact the deer may kick when you try to slice its throat open, boo hoo.

be humane and make sure your first shots hit the mark, if not..you can only blame yourself for your target turning into a floppy fish.This is about one pilots survival over the other.. if it is stupid,but works(or gives you a higher chance of life)..than its not stupid.

Enjoy.

LOL ... "attempting to survive" ... what exactly are you surviving ? ... trying to save your precious virtual life ? ... like this is a real life and death situation ... too funny.

Who said anything about shots being fired. There are many times when you have fought for the reversal and as soon as you have gained the advantage, the stick stirrin' begins ... so no shot(s) really needed to be fired at all to start the "land trout" maneuver.

Rather than use inhuman (gamey) feats to save your virtual life (which means absolutely NOTHING), why don't you grow a sack and see if you can really pull off a nice overshoot and/or reversal.

Great thing about this game is that we have choices, so if you want to fly around sackless ... that's you choice and have a blast, but it won't stop me from calling a spade a spade.

Enjoy.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2008, 02:19:56 PM »
LOL ... "attempting to survive" ... what exactly are you surviving ? ... trying to save your precious virtual life ? ... like this is a real life and death situation ... too funny.

Who said anything about shots being fired. There are many times when you have fought for the reversal and as soon as you have gained the advantage, the stick stirrin' begins ... so no shot(s) really needed to be fired at all to start the "land trout" maneuver.

Rather than use inhuman (gamey) feats to save your virtual life (which means absolutely NOTHING), why don't you grow a sack and see if you can really pull off a nice overshoot and/or reversal.

Great thing about this game is that we have choices, so if you want to fly around sackless ... that's you choice and have a blast, but it won't stop me from calling a spade a spade.

Enjoy.

Uh  :eek:
Ok..  :huh
So..  :uhoh
Why do u want your virtual kill so bad that you complain about the stirring?  :devil
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2008, 02:22:02 PM »
Hmmm.. another question
Do you imply all stick stirrers are sackless?
 :O
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2008, 02:42:20 PM »

Why do u want your virtual kill so bad that you complain about the stirring?  :devil

LOL ... I said ... stick stir all you want, I really don't care ... your gonna die anyway ... it's the guys that actually try to cause and overshoot or reversal are the one that can and do slip away ... and can do it on a consistent basis and they didn't acquire that ability by stick stirrin'.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2008, 03:04:43 PM »
Well pumping the elevator up and down to achieve an overshoot, I agree is not the way to do it.
Yes, I call that "porpoise polishing". It, generally, leaves the guy in a totally defensive position and makes them an easy kill. It can be very affective (and annoying) if the guy has a slightly flaky connection.
But throwing the stick front right and applying rudder to achieve rapid deceleration and then possibly breaking to a scissors momentarily after - would that be stick stirring?
Maybe...maybe not. But I can guarantee that plenty of folks would call it that.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2008, 03:42:33 PM »
I'm a new subscriber and I play this game because it is one of the most realistic flight sims out and is virtually unpredictable.  I believe stick stirrers are new and eventually will leave when their 14 days are up.  Last night I had this same thing happen for the first time and you know what...?  I got over it.  I figured he's new and if he really likes the game he'll learn to fly.  There is no way to get a reversal by stirring the stick it only extends that one sortie a couple minutes but shortly there after he's dead...  Anyway..   My two cents..
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2008, 03:54:11 PM »
actually any 190 is the worst stick stir plane in the game. those things are a B to shoot down when your on there 6.

but stick stirring isnt so bad if your the one in front. i mean i garantee 98% of the arena will stick stir when a plane is on there 6. you really really have to know what you are doing to not stick stir. i mean they dont want to die anymore then you do.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2008, 04:01:11 PM »
Stir all you want in a 1v1, it allows me to get closer and minimizes the effectiveness of your stick stir.

Popping someone who is stick stirring does take longer, so in a furball it increases the risk of being picked.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2008, 04:10:06 PM »
I'm a new subscriber and I play this game because it is one of the most realistic flight sims out and is virtually unpredictable.  I believe stick stirrers are new and eventually will leave when their 14 days are up. 

Get a bit more experience. You might want to modify your opinion. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2008, 04:18:10 PM »
I'm a new subscriber and I play this game because it is one of the most realistic flight sims out and is virtually unpredictable.  I believe stick stirrers are new and eventually will leave when their 14 days are up.  Last night I had this same thing happen for the first time and you know what...?  I got over it.  I figured he's new and if he really likes the game he'll learn to fly.  There is no way to get a reversal by stirring the stick it only extends that one sortie a couple minutes but shortly there after he's dead...  Anyway..   My two cents..

nope...just like ho'rs, ace pilots, and pickers, some of them are vets in here. :D :O :noid

""cap exits stage left before thjings get thrown at him now!""
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2008, 04:56:32 PM »
Slappy
 How many times have you caught a 190 and watch them do the neg G pushover into the land trout?
See Rule #4