Author Topic: KKKUNITE and BADMOFO  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
KKKUNITE and BADMOFO
« on: July 12, 2008, 12:49:33 AM »
Not sure how to put this but I found the name KKKUNITE offensive :furious He first apeared he asked if there was any white brothers on. Thought that I would throw it out to the people on the forum to see what every one else thinks. :mad: His friend BADMOFO didn't understand why we reported him. :mad: Maybe it is just me but I really have a problem with that name I don't care if it means Kill Kill Kill like his friend said. Any thoughts. :furious

These two fellows have a score of 0.
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: KKKUNITE and BADMOFO
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 12:53:01 AM »
Dunno about BADMOFO,
but KKKUNITE deserves a an insta-ban.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 12:55:24 AM »
Sounds like a bunch of shade tards that think their funny. Id call HTC up on Monday if there not already banded by then and complain. Names like that are totally un acceptable.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 12:58:17 AM »
Get rid of these bums.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 12:59:00 AM »
Badmofo I ain't got a problem with, but the other just ain't cool. HTC needs to know about that one soon. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 02:12:56 AM »
Thanks for the posts guys I really have no problem with the BADMOFO name but I do and my squaddies I was flying with tonight have an issue with the KKKUNITE name.  :furious It was quite apparant that they were a couple of young kids thinking that it was funny. But when asked nicely to log and change their name they didn't. We as a squad landed and left the arena.

I respect every player on this game or BBS no matter their age, race, religon, s*xual preference :aok  but I get very upset about this Name :furious , even thought we may have different views on other matters on the BBS (that is what puts spice in life) I hope we all stand behind this one. :salute
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 03:01:45 AM »
But when asked nicely to log and change their name they didn't. We as a squad landed and left the arena.

Well, in fairness to the idiot, logging and changing your name isn't exactly something easy to do on a Friday night.  You have to contact HTC directly for that.

That should make for an interesting phone call come Monday.  How the heck he's going to explain that one to HTC is beyond me.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 03:17:13 AM »
Evidently you can change game ids while on the two week trial.  These two did it at least 4 times within a couple hours.

Les

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 03:24:15 AM »
maybe they should try dumb & dumber  :rock
Lighten up Francis

Offline iWalrus

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 05:29:57 AM »
The KKK in his name could be an acronym for Ku Klux Klan, it might not be. For the sake of argument, let's assume that it is.

Shouldn't we be politically correct and respect his or her ideological differences? Shouldn't we be tolerant, even if we don't think they are? They shouldn't be banned because someone takes their own interpretation of the name and decides to be appalled by it. After all, ANY name that might represent a philosophy, belief system, or culture can be construed as offensive to someone, somewhere. A whole lot of people would need to be banned. That is, if fairness were of any concern.

Acceptance and political correctness may not work for you. The only other way to be fair would be to ban EVERY person whose name can be perceived to be associated in any way with any group. (Remember: somewhere in the world, someone will be offended by any group). I've seen a MormonAce, a Bpanther, and a Commie3 before. Each of these names, or the groups they may represent, might be deeply offensive to some people. If KKKUNITE is a name that will get you banned, so should the three listed. I should probably be banned as well. My name, WalrusG, represents bear food. All those folks who say, "Don't feed the bears," are most likely stricken with horror upon seeing my name.
That's all.

WalrusG

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 05:45:09 AM »
The KKK in his name could be an acronym for Ku Klux Klan, it might not be. For the sake of argument, let's assume that it is.

Shouldn't we be politically correct and respect his or her ideological differences? Shouldn't we be tolerant, even if we don't think they are? They shouldn't be banned because someone takes their own interpretation of the name and decides to be appalled by it. After all, ANY name that might represent a philosophy, belief system, or culture can be construed as offensive to someone, somewhere. A whole lot of people would need to be banned. That is, if fairness were of any concern.

Acceptance and political correctness may not work for you. The only other way to be fair would be to ban EVERY person whose name can be perceived to be associated in any way with any group. (Remember: somewhere in the world, someone will be offended by any group). I've seen a MormonAce, a Bpanther, and a Commie3 before. Each of these names, or the groups they may represent, might be deeply offensive to some people. If KKKUNITE is a name that will get you banned, so should the three listed. I should probably be banned as well. My name, WalrusG, represents bear food. All those folks who say, "Don't feed the bears," are most likely stricken with horror upon seeing my name.

On the streets of the United States, if HiTech truly believes in and values his freedom, he has the duty to defend the rights of those he personally finds reprehensible.

In the hallways of HiTech's house, if he deems someone over the line, he can kick that person right on out.

Care to guess which one Aces High is? :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 05:46:20 AM »

Shouldn't we be politically correct and respect his or her ideological differences?

NO
Lighten up Francis

Offline iWalrus

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 06:09:00 AM »
On the streets of the United States, if HiTech truly believes in and values his freedom, he has the duty to defend the rights of those he personally finds reprehensible.

In the hallways of HiTech's house, if he deems someone over the line, he can kick that person right on out.

Care to guess which one Aces High is? :)

AH is definitely HiTech's pad. He can do what he wants, that's for sure.

I'm quite sure, though, that the OP was asking for the opinions of players and not only, "What will HT think?" HiTech can do what he will. That doesn't change the fact that some players may find it unfair or illogical. Not that HT is an unjust or irrational deity. I bow in deference. :pray

NO

Yes?
That's all.

WalrusG

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 07:02:04 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 08:24:55 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Max