Author Topic: Last few nights in the AVA...  (Read 2366 times)

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
Re: Last few nights in the AVA...
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2008, 12:37:01 PM »
Shifty, dude, wake up. I wasn't talking about Storch in the first post, pointed that out in the second post, and continued to not talk about Storch. I think your just deflecting perfect valid points of discussion.

Venom and me-too-boy say. "Constant, unprovoked, and intentional griefing should not be tolerated." I agree completely and if I saw anybody doing that I would join in the rebuke. I've read enough venom posts to understand that he too is zero tolerance. Nobody should say anything about him ever for any reason. He's not qualified to judge.

So you guys quit being wishy-washy. How much smack talk is ok? Spit it out. say something real.

If someone does too much, sure it can be a problem. If someone cannot deal with any, they too are a problem.

And Odee is of course completely correct. Anyone can be easily squelched, which further serves to demonstrate that there is something seriously wrong with the constant complainers. I don't feel like I'm responsible for providing their self-affirmation therapy. But what the heck, if it helps.

vortex, oceans, venom, and all you wusses that keep crying to Skuzzy repeat after me:

I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!

Lol.  I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!  Hmmmm, I still have issues with griefing.  I like the way JG54 squadron plays and splits up to play different sides.  It can be a huge plus for AvA.  Why not make an honest attempt to leave all the griefing at the door and then it would be a non-issue? 

Squelch is an option and I will start using it again.  I got out of practice.  You will still have the new people coming in once the war starts so I stand by my statement that intentional, unprovoked, and consistent griefing should not be tolerated.

Venom

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2008, 12:40:47 PM »
Shifty, dude, wake up. I wasn't talking about Storch in the first post, pointed that out in the second post, and continued to not talk about Storch. I think your just deflecting perfect valid points of discussion.

Venom and me-too-boy say. "Constant, unprovoked, and intentional griefing should not be tolerated." I agree completely and if I saw anybody doing that I would join in the rebuke. I've read enough venom posts to understand that he too is zero tolerance. Nobody should say anything about him ever for any reason. He's not qualified to judge.

So you guys quit being wishy-washy. How much smack talk is ok? Spit it out. say something real.

If someone does too much, sure it can be a problem. If someone cannot deal with any, they too are a problem.

And Odee is of course completely correct. Anyone can be easily squelched, which further serves to demonstrate that there is something seriously wrong with the constant complainers. I don't feel like I'm responsible for providing their self-affirmation therapy. But what the heck, if it helps.

vortex, oceans, venom, and all you wusses that keep crying to Skuzzy repeat after me:

Of course you weren't talking about him, you were defending his behavior by saying Vortex's opinion is dishonest.  You continue to defend it anytime you refer to somebody that's tired of it as weak. Or they have something seriously wrong with them because they're tired of it. They are not the ones that go out of their way night after night to ruin other peoples enjoyment of the sim. The only problem they have is night after night they have to deal with somebody that lives to do just that. Squelch Storch. I agree it works like a charm. I hope they install perma squelch at some point because evidently the right for one person to display goonlike behavior regularly, is more important than other peoples right to be tired of it.  It's very amusing how you say  oceans, vortex, venom, and all the wussies out there need to remember...

You really need to give those words of advice to your CO, maybe he won't be so insecure he has to act out for attention.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2008, 01:00:23 PM »
*** A break in todays programming for these messages ***

Why are we doing this? Almost the entirety of this thread has been dedicated to storch. It's like driving on the road. You have courteous people who will pull over on the shoulder so that you may pass them. You also have people that will cut you off, using no blinker and giving you no idea they were about to squeeze into a space in between you and another vehicle barely the size of one vehicle length and flip you off doing it. Yes, it pisses you off. It's still just a game. I neither like nor dislike storch because I don't care when he begins the insults and/or trash talk.

Perception is reality.
Trash Talk

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/trash%20talk

Rude
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rude

If he has done something wrong, report it. My Grandpappy used to say if you can do something about it, do it; if not, don't waist your time worrying.

** Now back to your regularly scheduled programming**
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:10:37 PM by Chemdawg »

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2008, 01:09:02 PM »
See Rule #4, #5
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 04:14:02 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2008, 01:27:47 PM »
because storchypoo needs all the attention he can get, you see ever since momma cut him off the teet(at the age of 7) he has needed all this attention and will do anything to get it including hurling weak insults at  people who obviously cannot come up with anything any better so as to get them to respond and show him the attention his mommie never did. His real call sign should be SimilaC.

Well looks like the bottom of this barrel has been reached.  :rolleyes:

I'm done Kong. there are issues, and then there are ISSUES.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2008, 01:51:03 PM »
(1) Shifty your Storch obsessed, get help, I haven't talked about him yet and still won't.

(2) "you were defending his behavior by saying Vortex's opinion is dishonest" I didn't say his opinion was dishonest I said his metaphor was. He compared talking smack in a game to walking up to somebody on the street and insulting them, I compared talking smack in a game to ... well...to talking smack in a game. This doesn't defend anyone, just makes a good point.

(3) "you refer to somebody that's tired of it as weak. Or they have something seriously wrong with them because they're tired of it." I never said that. If you have to change my words to criticize them...Shame on you, that's dishonest and not very constructive.

You seem to think your some kind of expert judge on what behavior is ok. All hail great and all knowing Shifty. So please inform us as to how much smack talk is reasonable. Are you a zero tolerance guy, too?
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2008, 01:57:29 PM »
The blame game is really old and won't get you anywhere Kong. You should know better than that. Your posts are full of teenage mentality and it shows clearly to anyone old enough to understand.

Blaming other people for this and that, regardless of whether it's valid or not, does not make conversation progress. It has a negative effect and will turn any good conversation to s*i*. Diplomacy can't be your strong point, unless perhaps it's about killing the other guy. But I don't call that diplomacy, that's murder. Some people still insist however that killing is diplomacy, by definition, it's not. It's a total collapse of diplomatic relations, resulting in a regressive behaviour known to man since the dawn of time, and it's very childish.

For much the same reasons, we are not getting anywhere in this thread.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2008, 02:29:37 PM »
All hail great and all knowing Shifty.

Hmm you seem Shifty obsessed. Sorry I'm spoken for.

1. I'm not zero tolerance on smack talk. Good natured smack talk is fun. We rarely see that.

2. I don't know what purpose the brand of smack talk we do see serves in a computer game, but if some of you have led such sheltered lives that you need to smack talk hiding behind a monitor to feel good about yourself. I suggest you go behave this way in public and see how long it is before you need a doctor.

3. Smack talk is one thing, belittling, and just flat out harassing people other is another. If you need somebody to show you the line between the two. I can't help you on a BBS, you've already missed an important lesson in life somewhere.

We seem to have this debate annually. One thing you never seem to grasp, is. This behavior isn't scarey, it doesn't frighten anybody, it's just annoying, childish, base level behavior. It adds nothing to the game, it adds nothing to whatever auroa the person doing it is trying to project. It's like a turd in the room, it's not going to hurt anybody, but it makes the place stink, and nobody wants to stick around.
But hey, as long as you're having fun. :aok

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2008, 02:36:56 PM »
Vortex, bless your heart, I read that 3 times and it still doesn't make any sense.

Just wondering, in your opinion, is it ever ok for someone to say something to you and about you that you don't wanna hear or don't like? I keep getting the impression that it's not about "too much" you can't deal with any.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2008, 02:44:57 PM »
ok guys!! free for all, go to this address, www.ahgreenhearts.org/phpbb --sign in and have at it. its wide open, unmoderated. you can have a full on verbal Assault, no holds barred!! i dare ya! hehehehe by the way, have a nice weekend!  :)

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2008, 02:51:40 PM »
Hmm you seem Shifty obsessed. Sorry I'm spoken for.

1. I'm not zero tolerance on smack talk. Good natured smack talk is fun. We rarely see that.

2. I don't know what purpose the brand of smack talk we do see serves in a computer game, but if some of you have led such sheltered lives that you need to smack talk hiding behind a monitor to feel good about yourself. I suggest you go behave this way in public and see how long it is before you need a doctor.

3. Smack talk is one thing, belittling, and just flat out harassing people other is another. If you need somebody to show you the line between the two. I can't help you on a BBS, you've already missed an important lesson in life somewhere.

Once again you speak as if your judgments and declarations define reality. You decide what's good natured. you decide what's harrasment, you decide what's belittling, and if I don't agree, you can't help me. My such arrogance.

Twice in this thread you have advocated physical assault as an appropriate response to hearing words you don't like. That's quite telling. There's a thread in the o'club about a man who was beat to half death for "disrespecting" someone. The man had told the beater to leave his underage daughter alone, the beater didn't like that so it was "disrespect". I understand your mindset but I don't condone it, maybe you missed an important lesson in life somewhere.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:56:20 PM by KONG1 »

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2008, 03:00:51 PM »
ALRIGHT GUYS, THINK THIS SUBJECT HAS BEEN BEATEN "THOROUGHLY" TO DEATH.   :rolleyes:

Lets more on to another "MORE INTERSTING" subject.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:27:24 PM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl

Thats a good one Jester. Lover that image.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2008, 03:16:40 PM »
This behavior isn't scarey, it doesn't frighten anybody, it's just annoying, childish, base level behavior. It adds nothing to the game, it adds nothing to whatever auroa the person doing it is trying to project. It's like a turd in the room, it's not going to hurt anybody, but it makes the place stink, and nobody wants to stick around.

Now which behavior are you referring to the smack talk or the complaining. The smack talk is entertaining sometimes, the whining never is.

I'll remind you once more that your opinion does not constitute fact, just because you don't like something don't assume everybody else feels like you and be open minded enough to allow others to have a different opinion.

Since you think smack talking is so bad, how do you justify your smack talking: "childish, base, turd, harassing". Why is it ok for you to comment negatively on behavior but if someone else does it's "childish, base, turd, harassing". Kinda circular isn't it. Maybe it's ok for you to do it because of your position as the great decider of all that is right.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2008, 03:17:02 PM »
whats "THOURGLY"?

it doesn't show up at dictionary.com  :rofl
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute