Author Topic: WE'RE GETTING THE T34/85!!!  (Read 3890 times)

Offline opposum

• Probation
  • Nickel Member
Re: WE'RE GETTING THE T34/85!!!
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2008, 03:05:23 PM »
now all we need is the Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus  :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid

:lol :lol :lol j/k

/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2008, 03:16:15 PM »
Anyone know the T34/85 turret's rate of fire? 

It should be a tad quicker.   If my memory is still good, the redesigned turret added a 3rd crew member (in the turret, with a total of 5) for loading purposes.   
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 03:19:04 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2008, 03:19:34 PM »
now all we need is the Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus  :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid

(Image removed from quote.)
 :lol :lol :lol j/k
I see your Maus and raise you the Dora
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2008, 03:39:34 PM »
Very cool. Really hoping for the Yak3 + He-111 next time we get a bone :)

Edit: Will this be perked at all? If it's not you might aswell just take the old T34 out of the game.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 03:41:43 PM by SpikesX »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2008, 03:47:16 PM »
to perk or not to perk?
I think definitely to perk.  The T34 is already fast, and has great armor.  The turret of the current models turns faster than any other turret in the game, which is a great tactical advantage.  Only the "looking through a straw" crappy narrow field of view through the gunsite, and the exceedingly lame performance of the current 76mm gun hold this tank back.

Add in the 85mm high velocity gun and it will be like having the current T34 but with a Tiger gun on it.  It will have to be perked.  I don't see how it could get away with not being perked.  This variant will take the T34 from worst tank vs. tank guns in the game to one of the best.

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2008, 03:56:41 PM »
But to me, GV's are just drive point click shoot boom, really the same dynamic in every tank. Would much rather we stopped adding new GV's to the game and focused all attention on new aircraft instead...
I am happy at least for the GV crowd, it seems like they can determine a discernible difference in this new GV than all the others, and that is a good thing for the ground war I suppose.
There's a lot more than just point, click, boom.  If you spend a lot of time on the ground tank fighting you'll come to recognize this.  Sure there are some occasions where people just spawn in and start firing at the enemy, who are spawning in 1200 yards away and firing back, all without ever even starting their motors, but that's just one aspect of the tank game.  There's definitely an element of experience in skill, both in aiming, maneuvering, situational awareness, timing, etc. which separates good tank veterans from tank newbies.  A good tank veteran simply cleans up inexperienced tank drivers, however good at "pointing and clicking" they might otherwise be.

The T34/85 will certainly affect the ground game enormously.  It basically changes everything, the same way the Sherman Firefly changed everything.  I sort of hope the T34/85 gets perked a lot higher than the Sherman, or else I fear we'll see people upping nothing but T34/85s, just as we now have some people who go to tank battles and won't up anything but a Sherman.

For that matter, I think the perk price of the Sherman should be raised by about 10 points above what it is now.  It's too low now for the devastating effect of its gun, and the ability of its armor against Panzers and T34s at ranges greater than 1000-1200 yards.  There's something wrong with the perk price of a vehicle when you see people upping them one after the other, and refusing to up something else for the entire duration of a tank brawl.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2008, 04:09:50 PM »
Couldn't care less about this. GVing is a bunch of rubbish in my opinion.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2008, 04:09:58 PM »
edit.. I thought someone called it a IS2
"strafing"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2008, 04:12:20 PM »
edit.. I thought someone called it a IS2

You should have left that up.   Most are trying to compare this to a Tiger.   you CANNOT.   The T-34's are a Medium Tank, not a Heavy Tank like the Tiger.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2008, 04:14:46 PM »

:cry :cry :cry :cry

Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2008, 04:20:07 PM »
You should have left that up.   Most are trying to compare this to a Tiger.   you CANNOT.   The T-34's are a Medium Tank, not a Heavy Tank like the Tiger.   

Alright I'll post it back...

What I said is the Tiger is a heavy class tank and the panzer is a medium class. The current T34 and this new one are still both medium class tanks. The two top Russian heavy tanks were the IS2 and the KV1. Those would be in the same class as a Tiger.

"strafing"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2008, 04:21:21 PM »

Why?   If you need help, why not ask for it?   Are you "too proud" to do such a thing?    
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2008, 04:29:39 PM »
It should be a tad quicker.   If my memory is still good, the redesigned turret added a 3rd crew member (in the turret, with a total of 5) for loading purposes.   

It always amazes me how many guys they fit in the tanks back then. I mean can you imagine having 5 people in such a small area.. Granted one was a driver and another a front gunner so those two weren't in the turret area, but lets just say I bet it didn't smell very good in there.   :confused:
"strafing"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2008, 04:31:42 PM »
It always amazes me how many guys they fit in the tanks back then. I mean can you imagine having 5 people in such a small area.. Granted one was a driver and another a front gunner so those two weren't in the turret area, but lets just say I bet it didn't smell very good in there.   :confused:

Imagine eating chili before going out.   WOOHOO, imagine a good "ripper".   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline opposum

• Probation
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2008, 04:35:39 PM »
does the t34/85 have "more" or "better" armor than the current t34, or is it the same as the current t34?

/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)