Author Topic: WE ARE GETTING THE N1K2!  (Read 4008 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: WE ARE GETTING THE N1K2!
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2008, 06:29:10 AM »
See rule 17 :rofl
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2008, 06:58:48 AM »
In the eyes of many i must be regressing, in the current tour i've been flying spitfires much more frequently and having a blast. :)  I think next tour i may even make it an RAF exclusive one. 

If you want to broaden your horizons saantana, that's good.  However don't feel pressured into flying other planes just because.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 07:10:40 AM by thrila »
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2008, 03:29:11 PM »
See rule 17 :rofl

I guess using binary code is against forums rules.  LOL

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2008, 04:26:53 PM »
This for me has nothing to do about feeling superior but more about trying to push players to actually learn some ACM and bring their skill level up. Those three planes (Nik2, Zeeks & Huri2), as I posted before don't really promote learning ACM to newer players. They pretty much teach bad habits and don't really force the player to learn ACM which just dumbs down the community as a whole.
If the purpose of this game was to "learn ACM", I might agree with you.  But it isn't.  It's entertainment.

You had 102 hours flight time in July.  You obviously very much enjoy the game, and have "worked" to become good at it.  But to assume everyone has or should have your same motivation and devotion to the game is folly.

I had a paltry (by comparison) 17 hours of flight time in the LW arenas in July.  I fly for the enjoyment of the company I keep (squaddies) and for the occasional shooting someone down or blowing something up.  I really don't have the time or inclination to devote any more of my life "learning ACM" up to your standards.

If that makes me a dweeb in your mind -- well, let's just say I won't lose any sleep over it.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2008, 05:23:02 PM »
If the purpose of this game was to "learn ACM", I might agree with you.  But it isn't.  It's entertainment.

You had 102 hours flight time in July.  You obviously very much enjoy the game, and have "worked" to become good at it.  But to assume everyone has or should have your same motivation and devotion to the game is folly.

I had a paltry (by comparison) 17 hours of flight time in the LW arenas in July.  I fly for the enjoyment of the company I keep (squaddies) and for the occasional shooting someone down or blowing something up.  I really don't have the time or inclination to devote any more of my life "learning ACM" up to your standards.

If that makes me a dweeb in your mind -- well, let's just say I won't lose any sleep over it.

It has nothing to do with the amount of time spent as to how much of a dweeb you may or may not be. Last month and this month I've flown a lot of hours but the 5 tours before that I flew between 20 to 30 hours a tour. My play time jumps around a lot, just depending what I'm doing at the time in real life.

You think that means the tours I flew 20 or 30 hours I flew like a dweeb HOing everything in sight? Time spent flying doesn't dictate if you are a dweeb or not, hell I've seen some people that literally had 170 hours in a month, who were some of the biggest dweebs in the game.

What makes someone a dweeb is how they fight.. I don't care if it's their first tour or their 50th.. If you think the best option in a 1 on 1 fight is to HO on merge then I don't care how long you have been flying you are quite simply a dweeb. If you have to run to ack or your 5 buddies soon as you get in trouble then you are a dweeb. 

Quite simply there is a long list of things that can make people dweebs and time spent flying isn't anywhere on the list..
"strafing"

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2008, 05:46:48 PM »
You think that means the tours I flew 20 or 30 hours I flew like a dweeb HOing everything in sight? Time spent flying doesn't dictate if you are a dweeb or not, hell I've seen some people that literally had 170 hours in a month, who were some of the biggest dweebs in the game.
<snip>
Quite simply there is a long list of things that can make people dweebs and time spent flying isn't anywhere on the list..
No, it isn't the time itself, but I was referring to what people want get out of it. 

I didn't look back beyond July (102 hours) and June (83 hours) and simply assumed that was average for you.  My bad for not looking back farther.

Nonetheless, I see you doing the same thing I have seen quite a few other "long timers" do on these boards.  You've gotten to a point where you are looking for that "perfect fight" with someone, but it rarely happens because the majority of the players in the mains are not up to "your standards."  So, you get frustrated and come here and complain that AH has become a cesspool of talentless dweebs (paraphrasing).

The problem isn't that the players suck, or that a particular plane is bad, it is that your expectations of them are too high.  The average skill level of the masses is pretty much the same (ok, maybe a slight dip in summertime), but yours has improved.  It is to a point where most of your fights are predictable and therefore boring.  But instead of recognizing the fact you are simply getting bored and burned out, you are complaining somehow no one else gets it, that the dweebiness has gone up, etc. etc.

Your complaints center around dweeby planes, dweeby tactics, HOers, runners, etc.   All of these things have always been present.  It is nothing new.  Then comes the very predictable "learn some ACM, dweebs" type of comment.  Well, again, that isn't necessarily high on the agenda of the average AHer -- and really hasn't ever been -- and to expect it to suddenly become so is simply setting yourself up for disappointment.

That isn't to say there are not some who want to become uber-leet-fiter-peelots, because there certainly are, and they should be encouraged to do whatever brings them enjoyment.  But to call names and cast stones at those who have a different agenda is pointless and ultimately futile.

My $0.02 (or maybe $0.03).
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2008, 06:50:54 AM »
I personally get the feeling that people that want to perk the P-51 have never really flown it.  It's really not that easy of an aircraft to get kills in.  I personally enjoy the B-model more than the D, and have somewhat figured out how to fight it.  However, right off the bat, I couldn't kill much of anything with either P-51.  Every time I get in a P-51, the Yaks, LA's, Spits, and 109's (and depending on the pilot, even some F4U's) make me nervous.

Now I'm pretty sure you notice in that score data that the perk planes have a higher K/D ratio than the unperks.  I don't really think it's because they are better planes, I think it's because the pilots who spend the money on them are better pilots.  I'd be willing to bet that if we perked (lets say) the LA-7 or Spit XVI it's K/D ratio would skyrocket.  Noobs wouldn't fly them as much, and the good pilots that can afford them would probably just rule the world in them.  So saying that because a plane has a poor K/D ratio is why we shouldn't perk it, isn't a very good argument.  The issue also comes up that the new players need some planes to learn in, which I agree with, and makes this predicament kind of sticky.

I don't think the N1K2 should be perked, it may seem "dweeby," but the plane is just too... average... in my opinion.  Seeing a N1K2 never really stirs much of any emotion in me no matter what plane I'm in (Except perhaps a bomber or a SBD/TBM ;)).  That's just my $0.02 though. :aok
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2008, 08:29:45 AM »
I personally get the feeling that people that want to perk the P-51 have never really flown it.  It's really not that easy of an aircraft to get kills in.  I personally enjoy the B-model more than the D, and have somewhat figured out how to fight it.  However, right off the bat, I couldn't kill much of anything with either P-51.  Every time I get in a P-51, the Yaks, LA's, Spits, and 109's (and depending on the pilot, even some F4U's) make me nervous.
Most people who suggest perking the P-51D do so to point out the absurdity of the people asking for the Spitfire Mk XVI, La-7 or N1K2-J to be perked.  The P-51D almost always has heavier usage than any of those.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2008, 11:05:17 AM »
Where do all these guys crying "perk it, because I don't fly it" or " perk it because it's easy mode" or "perk it because it is too uber and I don't fly it" or "it's a dweeb plane and I don't fly it" or "it's a noob plane and I don't fly it" or "only HO'ers fly it and I don't" come from? :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2008, 11:48:07 AM »

My $0.02 (or maybe $0.03).

Dang inflation! Bring back Greenspan!
All Your Base Belong to us.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2008, 03:15:20 PM »
Most people who suggest perking the P-51D do so to point out the absurdity of the people asking for the Spitfire Mk XVI, La-7 or N1K2-J to be perked.  The P-51D almost always has heavier usage than any of those.
Ah, I must've missed the sarcasm in their posts. :aok
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D