Author Topic: ANWR = Arctic National Wildlife Refuge  (Read 3552 times)

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
Re: ANWR = Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 04:38:15 PM »
I have a question...

Who's to say that if we start drilling the a-holes over in OPEC won't cut production negating any gains of increased production?

We've shown what we're willing to pay... why would they allow the price to drop?  They can maintain their reserves longer, sell oil at the price they want... seems to me like they've got us by the short and curlies.  

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 04:39:25 PM »
I say IF elected, Palin should go Dominatrix on McCain and force that idiot to Drill in ANWR and seal the damned borders.

:rofl :rofl :rofl God that's funny
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 04:42:42 PM »
I have a question...

Who's to say that if we start drilling the a-holes over in OPEC won't cut production negating any gains of increased production?

We've shown what we're willing to pay... why would they allow the price to drop?  They can maintain their reserves longer, sell oil at the price they want... seems to me like they've got us by the short and curlies.  

The more we drill, the more we find.....the less we need them. Build enough nuke power plants, find some alternatives, , find and use the oil we have, maybe even find a better way to produce hydrogen that is actually feasible.....and the Arabs lose a customer permanently. I'm not seeing a problem. :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 04:46:03 PM »
Nothing that I want more  :aok

but that still leaves us with $5.00 gas

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 04:50:14 PM »
Ive seen herds of Caribou in Alaska that took an hour to fly over. Literally the herds there blacken the land with their numbers. Any more conservation of those herds and they will be starving for lack of food. Polar bears are already over populated and thats why they are drowning after swimming for days to try to find their own territory IMO. Pretty sure the natives in the area would say the same thing.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 04:50:31 PM »
Nothing that I want more  :aok

but that still leaves us with $5.00 gas

Suck it up till better times!!
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2008, 04:59:06 PM »
See Rules #4, #5, #7
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 01:44:29 PM by Skuzzy »
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline ElGuapo1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yoursheephaverugburns
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2008, 05:01:49 PM »
How about you sit on your thumb and keep hollering how your getting screwed....

ALternative fuels and sources are years away....so lets DO NOTHING AND SAVE THE FRKING LAVA LIZARD......tree hugger.
:aok

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2008, 06:39:26 PM »
Oh, thank you for reminding me not to vote Republican.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2008, 07:05:56 PM »

ALternative fuels and sources are years away....
This is the way to go in comparison to drilling & it is  technology that works Hitler kept his war machine running on it. Plus no huge pipe lines from Alaska to here in the lower 48 rail & road would solve all the transportation issues & it is still cheaper than drilling for it.    http://governor.mt.gov/hottopics/faqsynthetic.asp

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008, 07:12:18 PM »

There are issues with FT coal technology too.

But we need to accept some of these issues for energy independance.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2008, 07:22:34 PM »
This is the way to go in comparison to drilling & it is  technology that works Hitler kept his war machine running on it. Plus no huge pipe lines from Alaska to here in the lower 48 rail & road would solve all the transportation issues & it is still cheaper than drilling for it.    http://governor.mt.gov/hottopics/faqsynthetic.asp

Interesting stuff. America has huge reserves of coal also.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2008, 07:25:48 PM »
By the way, drilling now won't help oil prices for quite a while IIRC.
Why do you want to delay for even one more day if you know we will need this resource ten years from now?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2008, 07:28:19 PM »
If we had begun measures to increase energy efficiency 10 years ago, we could already be independent of middle east oil.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2008, 07:29:49 PM »
Last time I looked, ANWAR was in Alaska.

Ain't it an Alaskan issue? Nobody in Alaska seems to mind drillin the hell outta the place, including the Eskimos.

Since the Federal Policy on offshore drilling has been relaxed to a 'state decision' on their coastlines, why in hell is there a problem with the Fed's relaxing the restrictions on ANWAR?

Politics, I'm thinkin...

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.