Author Topic: "Lipstick on a pig" comment  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Re: "Lipstick on a pig" comment
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 05:40:07 AM »
BTW, "French Military Victories" gave me 191.000 hits on google. That's roughly half of U.S. Military victories on Google. However U.S. military defeats gave me 3.020.000  :devil
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 07:30:50 AM »
When I first heard this story, I thought it was Obama's reference to Hillary. Anyone remember the Obama campaign distributing this enmasse on the internet? ;)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 08:36:14 AM »
Glue some wool on a cow, and it's still a cow.

I`m pretty sure wild Willie tried that also.  :devil
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 08:39:44 AM »
I don't think Obama was referring to Palin.  And I think McCain looks like an idiot telling the media he did.

I was not surprised to see that Lipstick-gate was the first and biggest news story on NBC Nightly News last night.  The media is sinking to new lows.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 08:43:12 AM »
Clinton and Palin are both married, so it is Mrs., and not Miss.

Further, when you look at it, George W. Bush had been in office less than 9 months on September 11, 2001. The vast majority of the intelligence failures that allowed the events of September 11, 2001 to occur, happened a long time before Bush took office. Bush did not get up to speed as fast as he might have, most new administrations don't.

It's easily forgotten how big a mess was made of everything, including the normal transition of power from one administration to the next, was created by the train wreck that was the 2000 Presidential election. In fact, considering the bitterness and hatred directed towards Bush, on the part of the Democrats, especially Gore, the loser, who was Vice President, and Clinton, to a lesser degree, anyone who thinks the transition was smooth, and nothing was held back, is only fooling themselves. They had a lot invested in seeing Bush fail.
Bush was a moron before he "won", and acted like a moron the whole time he was/is in office.  He is a disgrace to this country and will always be remembered that way.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 09:09:25 AM »
It doesn't matter who uses that phrase ~ it is always meant in a derogatory manner toward the target. 
If it wasn't meant in a deragatory manner, they'd use "a rose by any other name smells as sweet."
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Niceguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 09:15:46 AM »
Bush was a moron before he "won", and acted like a moron the whole time he was/is in office.  He is a disgrace to this country and will always be remembered that way.

And yet he beat Gore and Kerry!

I see him a little different. Actually a lot different. He will be seen as a good if not great President in the next 5 to 10 years.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 09:18:15 AM »
I don't think Obama was referring to Palin.  And I think McCain looks like an idiot telling the media he did.

I was not surprised to see that Lipstick-gate was the first and biggest news story on NBC Nightly News last night.  The media is sinking to new lows.
Well, the crowd starting chanting "No Pitbull" right after...the crowd certainly thought he was referring to Palin.  :rolleyes:

I do agree that this is a big media fanfare over nothing. Let's get on with the facts of where both candidates stand.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:19:46 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 09:23:31 AM »
Well, the crowd starting chanting "No Pitbull" right after...the crowd certainly thought he was referring to Palin.  :rolleyes:

I do agree that this is a big media fanfare over nothing. Let's get on with the facts of where both candidates stand.

i don't think he  meant it the way it came out, but he sure enjoyed the applause and praise from the statement afterwards! goes to show you he isn't ready, he doesn't even understand the gaff's he makes!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 09:45:32 AM »
And yet he beat Gore and Kerry!

I see him a little different. Actually a lot different. He will be seen as a good if not great President in the next 5 to 10 years.
Osama Bin Laden, stupid quotes, and the economy will haunt his legacy. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 09:45:50 AM »
I`m pretty sure wild Willie tried that also.  :devil

Who's wild willie?
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 09:57:48 AM »
Osama Bin Laden, stupid quotes, and the economy will haunt his legacy. :aok
How are you measuring the economy? The economy did pretty well in the past 8 years, with the Dow hitting an all-time high, in the shadow of 9/11.  Or are you now blaming the housing bubble burst on Bush too>?

Osama is nothing. We've taken out 75% of his immediate leadership. No attacks on US soil since 9/11/2001. Mission accomplished if you ask me.

Stupid quotes?  Give me any president and I'll give you a stupid quote.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:59:21 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 09:58:13 AM »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 09:58:40 AM »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 10:01:06 AM »
I truly believe that Obama didn't intend on making the comparison to Palin when he made that comment.  However, the public's perception was that Obama did make that remark in reference to Palin.  I think it was a political slip-up on Obama's part.  It was only ten days after Palin had made the " hockey mom, pitbull, lipstick" comment that got a huge response.

As far as McCain using the same phrase, Yes he has.  But this was months before he had selected Palin as his VP.  

Public perception is going to be a factor in this race.    

Another thing.  I don't care how many times McCain mentions 9/11.  We should never forget that day and the fact that we are reminded during this presidential race doesn't bother me in the least.

Just my .02
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron