Author Topic: "Lipstick on a pig" comment  (Read 1123 times)

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
"Lipstick on a pig" comment
« on: September 10, 2008, 10:57:45 PM »
In case you have not seen it............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsOe87PcKMo&feature=user

Was Obama referring to Gov. Palin when he made his comment?  The people who were behind him knew exactly what he was saying.

Then his big "ENOUGH" speech.

Typical Obama, I can say it, but you can't call me on it!!!

I like how the story shows McCain using the same line months earlier.  Back then, yes it was just a saying and he was referring to the healthcare bill, not Hilliary.  After her acceptance speech and the lipstick / pitbull joke, it was pretty much coined.

Just keep talking, this was your election to lose......................... ..........
You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: "Lipstick on a pig" comment
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 11:01:28 PM »

Was Obama referring to Gov. Palin when he made his comment?  The people who were behind him knew exactly what he was saying.

I like how the story shows McCain using the same line months earlier.  Back then, yes it was just a saying and he was referring to the healthcare bill, not Hilliary.  After her acceptance speech and the lipstick / pitbull joke, it was pretty much coined.

Just keep talking, this was your election to lose......................... ..........

The shows not over til the fat lpiggy sings.  RP has something brewing on the back burner. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 11:06:24 PM »
Yeah, he has a big announcement soon

(CROSSTALK)

CAVUTO: No. But you, yourself, are not running? You, yourself are not running, unequivocally, as a third-party candidate this fall?

PAUL: No, I'm sticking to my guns on what I have said for the past year. You did ask me that question a few times during the year.

CAVUTO: Yes, I did.

PAUL: So, no, I am going to stick to that.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-09-09/ron-paul-announcement/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 11:10:52 PM by tapakeg »
You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 11:30:36 PM »

True, in theory.
But who ever thought we'd be stupid enough to put\slide Bush in twice?
Can't blame the bank robber if he was left alone with the vault door wide open. <shrug>

Once shame on you, twice shame on me.
I have a feeling nothing has been learned, buckle up.
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 11:43:20 PM »
McCain has used the "Lipstick on a Pig" phrase no fewer than 4 times in the past 2 years...repeatedly, and said it with DIRECT reference to Ms Clinton.

If you actually listened to Obama's speech, it was dealing with the issues of the campaign (Specifically, education and energy dependence), and not of the governor of Alaska.  At no point did he reference Ms Palin.  Not once.  Apparently the repubs were just waiting to pounce on this one.

Typical political tactic, and probably the one they were waiting for when they vetted Palin (for that single day they vetted her, i mean).  So, now we waste two more days of the last 53, not talking about a single issue confronting the electorate, and debate whether "Lipstick on a Pig" is a sexist remark, and whether it was actually meant to be so... and on an on...  As McCain's chief strategist said plainly and succinctly, "this campaign will not be about the issues".

Keep on truckin GOP..... while you're at it, can i see a few more references to 9/11 please?  I need to remember who was in control, errr asleep at the wheel, when people close to me didn't get to come home from an ordinary day at work.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 12:03:47 AM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 11:55:24 PM »
Clinton and Palin are both married, so it is Mrs., and not Miss.

Further, when you look at it, George W. Bush had been in office less than 9 months on September 11, 2001. The vast majority of the intelligence failures that allowed the events of September 11, 2001 to occur, happened a long time before Bush took office. Bush did not get up to speed as fast as he might have, most new administrations don't.

It's easily forgotten how big a mess was made of everything, including the normal transition of power from one administration to the next, was created by the train wreck that was the 2000 Presidential election. In fact, considering the bitterness and hatred directed towards Bush, on the part of the Democrats, especially Gore, the loser, who was Vice President, and Clinton, to a lesser degree, anyone who thinks the transition was smooth, and nothing was held back, is only fooling themselves. They had a lot invested in seeing Bush fail.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 02:42:43 AM »
Clinton and Palin are both married, so it is Mrs., and not Miss.

Further, when you look at it, George W. Bush had been in office less than 9 months on September 11, 2001. The vast majority of the intelligence failures that allowed the events of September 11, 2001 to occur, happened a long time before Bush took office. Bush did not get up to speed as fast as he might have, most new administrations don't.

It's easily forgotten how big a mess was made of everything, including the normal transition of power from one administration to the next, was created by the train wreck that was the 2000 Presidential election. In fact, considering the bitterness and hatred directed towards Bush, on the part of the Democrats, especially Gore, the loser, who was Vice President, and Clinton, to a lesser degree, anyone who thinks the transition was smooth, and nothing was held back, is only fooling themselves. They had a lot invested in seeing Bush fail.

"I'm Karl Rove and I approve this message."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 02:53:29 AM by rpm »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 03:05:57 AM »
Snip~ In fact, considering the bitterness and hatred directed towards Bush, on the part of the Democrats, especially Gore, the loser, who was Vice President, and Clinton, to a lesser degree, anyone who thinks the transition was smooth, and nothing was held back, is only fooling themselves. They had a lot invested in seeing Bush fail.

Are you now asserting that some members of the Clinton administration withheld vital intelligence info so a terrorist attack could be made on Bush's watch, to see him fail?

If so, I find your statement disgusting. About as bad as those that blame our govt for the 9/11 attacks.

If not, please clarify.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 03:46:23 AM »
Obama is falling apart. They omitted all the oh's you know etc. Frankly, after all the rhetoric that the press has made about Palin if there is any truth it is buried behind all the lies that the press and dems have put out there. The mantra is if one lie doesn't work tell another until one does. Still, don't you wonder why the press isn't saying anything about ACORN or why they don't look into Obama's past.

I doubt if McCain made those comments about a pig with lipstick. He just doesn't come across as that type of guy. Then again I have said things along the lines of what was I thinking. I will have to hear it from someone I trust. On the other hand you have Obama who has given the finger to Hilliary on natinal tv. You have him wining a seat in congress by someone breaking into a personal sealed document. Also they sent a full heard of henchmen to Anchorage with pockets full of money to find dirt on Palin. Again why arent they just putting an nth of that effort on Obama past.

Honestly, I think Obama has been some heavy drinking or on some meds (My Opinion). He is falling apart. Let's see Lipstick on a pig, bridge to know where etc. Hardly presidential material don't you think.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 03:59:59 AM »
Obama is falling apart. They omitted all the oh's you know etc. Frankly, after all the rhetoric that the press has made about Palin if there is any truth it is buried behind all the lies that the press and dems have put out there. The mantra is if one lie doesn't work tell another until one does. Still, don't you wonder why the press isn't saying anything about ACORN or why they don't look into Obama's past.

I doubt if McCain made those comments about a pig with lipstick. He just doesn't come across as that type of guy. Then again I have said things along the lines of what was I thinking. I will have to hear it from someone I trust. On the other hand you have Obama who has given the finger to Hilliary on natinal tv. You have him wining a seat in congress by someone breaking into a personal sealed document. Also they sent a full heard of henchmen to Anchorage with pockets full of money to find dirt on Palin. Again why arent they just putting an nth of that effort on Obama past.

Honestly, I think Obama has been some heavy drinking or on some meds (My Opinion). He is falling apart. Let's see Lipstick on a pig, bridge to know where etc. Hardly presidential material don't you think.

He's (McCain) used the exact same phrase at least 4 times, in four separate speeches.

Here's your proof with McCain.  2007.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMPYkNQlJMM

Another one. Different speech. 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMHlIfOTS1c&feature=iv

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 04:04:14 AM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 04:11:08 AM »
He's (McCain) used the exact same phrase at least 4 times, in four separate speeches.

Here's your proof with McCain.  2007.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMPYkNQlJMM

Another one. Different speech. 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMHlIfOTS1c&feature=iv

Ah he did. Stand corrected. Was Obama stealing his line.  :rofl :rofl Way different context though and much better timing.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 04:55:50 AM »
Glue some wool on a cow, and it's still a cow.
How's that  :devil
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Wayout

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 05:19:30 AM »
Once shame on you, twice shame on me.

Clinton taught people a lot.  That's why Bush won twice and why McCain is doing well now.

For most people the sky is the limit.  For a pilot the sky is home.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 05:24:57 AM »
I thought that the only thing you learn from history is that you don't learn from history.....
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 05:27:11 AM »
Clinton taught people a lot.  That's why Bush won twice and why McCain is doing well now.

Funny thing was, in late '03 and early '04 everyone was doing the same 'I HATE GWB' thing as now, and they elected him again. Seems that they hated Kerry worse... :lol
No one knows what the future may bring.