Author Topic: Want to find a good 190 stick (un-uniformed)  (Read 1353 times)

Offline deth13

• Zinc Member
Want to find a good 190 stick (un-uniformed)
« on: September 14, 2008, 11:16:23 PM »
im looking for a new recruit familiar with 190's. someone who can use a 190 for anything. 13MPG squad.
 let me know... <S>

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
Re: Want to find a good 190 stick (un-uniformed)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 11:18:37 PM »
What, you don't like our B Pony-190 teamwork or somethin? :lol

:rock 13th MPG!
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline deth13

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 11:20:13 PM »
tehe. i still wanna find someone to wing with. additional to honch, hes not on alot and plus, having two would be B.A     :furious   hahaha look at the bouncy head!

Offline TheMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 11:22:31 PM »
tehe. i still wanna find someone to wing with. additional to honch, hes not on alot and plus, having two would be B.A     :furious   hahaha look at the bouncy head!
Only pilot that flys the crap 190 the way it was flown would be yenny adonai yb etc. All the pickers.

Offline deth13

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 11:23:50 PM »
i fly mine like a spit have about 2000 kills in them. im fine with that. i dislike pickers in 190's.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 11:26:13 PM »
Only pilot that flys the crap 190 the way it was flown would be yenny adonai yb etc. All the pickers.
Actually, the 190 was a VERY feared aircraft in WWII, so calling it "the crap 190" isn't really accurate.  Flown well in-game, and it's something to fear in AH too.

Anyone want to just answer the OP without flaming please?

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 12:05:40 AM »
Try DMDORA9...190D is all he flys, and he's a great wingy.  Also, he's a Citation pilot when he's not messing around here.  As far as un uniformed, he'll prolly strip for you.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 12:08:15 AM »

Care to DA with me in my A8?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 12:17:42 AM »
Actually, the 190 was a VERY feared aircraft in WWII, so calling it "the crap 190" isn't really accurate.  Flown well in-game, and it's something to fear in AH too.

Anyone want to just answer the OP without flaming please?

Yeah, but this isn't WWII.

Remember, in the real air war, job one was seeing the other guy before he saw you.

When the 190A first came out, it was faster and had more engine power than most anything, had heavy firepower, was one of the first planes with a "bubble-like" canopy, had excellent roll rate and yes, it was really feared. Being faster decreases the probability that the bandit will spot you in between the time you spot him and bounce him and you fire. Heavy firepower means one pass is more likely to be all it takes. Roll rate means one could more easily compensate for a sudden break on the opponent's part, or execute a Split S if bounced that was darn hard to follow. Being faster in level flight and dives meant that in any kind of combat situation, the only shot you'd likely get on him if he knew you were there would be a head-on, and you didn't want to head-on something with that kind of firepower advantage. Its controls were fairly light and easy to handle through a wide range of speeds. Strain your arm trying to get maximum available aileron deflection in any AH plane lately? Didn't think so.

In these situations, its turning ability or lack thereof was usually irrelevant.

Here in AHII, conditions are different. An un-engaged bandit spying its attacker is almost a given, what with icons, (needed though they are, as long as computer screens are unable to render real-world depth of detail.) Many airplanes challenge or exceed the various 190s for speed, acceleration, and firepower. Moreover, what the 190s excelled at and what most everyone was trying to do in WWII as often as possible, namely, make a surprise bounce at high speed, kill without warning, and be gone too quick to follow if the attack failed-is a frowned-upon tactic in Aces High.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 03:33:38 AM »

^_^ why the hate! don't be surprise if us 190 flyer smack ya around otd low and slow.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 06:18:22 AM »
i fly mine like a spit have about 2000 kills in them. im fine with that. i dislike pickers in 190's.

That's not the way to fly a 190
You can fly, of course, as you want, but don't come here to let off numbers to impress someone.

In tour 104 late war you have:

FW 190 a5:   kills 23     died in  29
FW 190 a8    Kills 338   died in  360
FW 190 d9    kills   21   died in 25

Your balance is largely negative, and it proves you are not flying 190 in the right way :aok
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 06:34:32 AM »
Actually, I fly with Deth often.  I'm sure if he cared about his score, he'd have MUCH less deaths (Plus, his name is more fitting this way!).  The problem is... he doesn't care... so he'll do things like strafe carrier fleets (he has fun doing that... no idea why :P), if he sees a better fight elsewhere he will just bail out instead of taking the extra time to land, etc. etc.  I've been with him when he tries and he can easily land kills using his fighting style.

There is no "wrong way" to fly an aircraft (unless your drilling the ground), it's a video game, and his $15.  Must be doing something right to have as many kills this tour as he does.  Deth was not bragging, your post was unwarranted, and score proves nothing. :aok
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:45:14 AM by SectorNine50 »

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 07:16:10 AM »
JG/11. Stampf, Vonmessa, bubi, bino... just to name a few.  :cool:

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 07:34:56 AM »

That's not the way to fly a 190
You can fly, of course, as you want, but don't come here to let off numbers to impress someone.

In tour 104 late war you have:

FW 190 a5:   kills 23     died in  29
FW 190 a8    Kills 338   died in  360
FW 190 d9    kills   21   died in 25

Your balance is largely negative, and it proves you are not flying 190 in the right way :aok

If he is having fun, it obviously proves you are wrong and he is flying the 190 just fine.

:aok

Zing!
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 07:38:15 AM »

how the hell do you already have 46 hours this month ingame???

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)