Author Topic: A-26 Invader  (Read 9426 times)

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
Re: A-26 Invader
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2008, 07:21:54 AM »

Someone needs to read a history book or two.....
 The axis had the most advanced aircraft designs,lucky for us the means to produce them was being destroyed before they could implement them.

Take alook at what Me,FW,Ju,ect had designed and in some cases actual prototypes built,not to mention the "Black projects" that could have changed things drastically.

:noid

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda..... LOL...
All the fancypants prototypes in the world don't mean squat, when masses of enemy
planes are rampaging at will all across your country... AMERICAN PLANES!!!
Besides a good number of those prototypes, wouldn't have worked anyway.. The technology
wasn't available then.. In some cases, it still isn't available...
Other axis prototype designs were brought to america, where their Tech was evaluated,
and most of it FAILED anyway.. Waste of time and effort...

It never mattered what you could dream up... What mattered is, WHAT WORKS!!!
And what can be put into the field in effective numbers...

A26 WORKS.... HE111 by comparison, is a Klunker...
And all those fancypants prototypes, will never get in the game anyway..
So that is a moot point...

The Axis powers never grasped this brutally simple fact...
If they had, they NEVER would have started the war in the first place...
They didn't have the POPULATION, or the INDUSTRIAL BASE, to carry the war forward...
They expected to sieze their desired territory before the world could react...(which they did)
And the world would just except the defacto situation...(they didn't)
Oop'sy

The ultimate stupidity!!!

And yes the germans were still producing HE111, Stuka, Do17, variants until the end of the war...
Along with other old designs, Even after they were CLEARLY outdated...
Compounded stupidity!!!! Nothin like diggin a hole for yourself, then havin your buddy, BURY YOU IN IT!!!

RC
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:39:07 AM by RipChord929 »
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2008, 08:03:23 AM »
Besides a good number of those prototypes, wouldn't have worked anyway.. The technology
wasn't available then.. In some cases, it still isn't available...
A prototype is a built, flying, pre-mass-production aircraft built for testing a design.

Other axis prototype designs were brought to america, where their Tech was evaluated,
and most of it FAILED anyway.. Waste of time and effort...
And other German prototypes were studied and influenced some of the United States' and the USSR's most successful designs... the F86, the A10, the MiG15... hell our space program was the brain child of the German scientist who designed the V2 ballistic missile.

A26 WORKS.... HE111 by comparison, is a Klunker...
Well, yeah, your comparing a 1944 aircraft to an aircraft that was in service before the war.

And yes the germans were still producing HE111, Stuka, Do17, variants until the end of the war...
Along with other old designs, Even after they were CLEARLY outdated...
I'd have to check, but I'm 99% sure that production of all those types had ended by 1944.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2008, 09:31:40 AM »
...As has previously been stated, the A-26 is an extremely capable bomber and attack aircraft, and it would fill the empty slot of another perked bomber in late-war arenas, something which is arguably more important than a plane that would largely see its use in the Early and Mid War arenas, as well as occasional use in Scenarios and other special events...
This isn't 2008 B.C. We Don't live in a calendar year that works backwards. And we don't make history from end to beginning. Therefore we should focus on earlier models before going rampant and adding all the superior models. You don't build a sky-scraper from the top-down.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2008, 01:53:24 PM »
A prototype is a built, flying, pre-mass-production aircraft built for testing a design.
And other German prototypes were studied and influenced some of the United States' and the USSR's most successful designs... the F86, the A10, the MiG15... hell our space program was the brain child of the German scientist who designed the V2 ballistic missile.
Well, yeah, your comparing a 1944 aircraft to an aircraft that was in service before the war.
I'd have to check, but I'm 99% sure that production of all those types had ended by 1944.
You kined prove my point all im saying im fine with the A-26 but make it fair Hs-129 or Ki-45 would do.
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2008, 02:54:17 PM »
This isn't 2008 B.C. We Don't live in a calendar year that works backwards. And we don't make history from end to beginning. Therefore we should focus on earlier models before going rampant and adding all the superior models. You don't build a sky-scraper from the top-down.

Sorry, but that is a very poor argument.

It dosnet need the 75mm when it got 1 30mm 2 20mm 6mgs would just do.

Those guns will not be taking out anything with more armour than a Wirblewind, and to do even that would probably be difficult.

[snip]
[snip]

I see your point, but most AH players will be comparing all the aircraft regardless of when they were designed/built.  Whether the plane in question were built in 1939 or 1942, if you're attacked by a 1944 Spitfire, you're still being attacked by a far higher performance aircraft, and in the MAs, disregarding the pilot's skill, the He-111 is going to be at an immense disadvantage.

You kined prove my point all im saying im fine with the A-26 but make it fair Hs-129 or Ki-45 would do.

From looking at information about those two aircraft, it seems that neither would be a suitable aeroplane to fulfil the role of a perked bomber.  The Hs-129 (I'm not sure which variant, probably the B-1), could carry a total bombload of 880lbs, or it could carry a 30mm cannon.  The Ki-45 could carry a maximum of 1100lbs of bombs, however it also could take about 3 cannon with it.  The A-26 by contrast could carry up to 6,000lbs of bombs, and could have a maximum of 14x 50cal machine guns pointed forwards (this is excluding the 4x turret-mounted 50cals).
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2008, 03:04:22 PM »
Sorry, but that is a very poor argument.

Those guns will not be taking out anything with more armour than a Wirblewind, and to do even that would probably be difficult.

I see your point, but most AH players will be comparing all the aircraft regardless of when they were designed/built.  Whether the plane in question were built in 1939 or 1942, if you're attacked by a 1944 Spitfire, you're still being attacked by a far higher performance aircraft, and in the MAs, disregarding the pilot's skill, the He-111 is going to be at an immense disadvantage.

From looking at information about those two aircraft, it seems that neither would be a suitable aeroplane to fulfil the role of a perked bomber.  The Hs-129 (I'm not sure which variant, probably the B-1), could carry a total bombload of 880lbs, or it could carry a 30mm cannon.  The Ki-45 could carry a maximum of 1100lbs of bombs, however it also could take about 3 cannon with it.  The A-26 by contrast could carry up to 6,000lbs of bombs, and could have a maximum of 14x 50cal machine guns pointed forwards (this is excluding the 4x turret-mounted 50cals).
It the best they had and the Ki-45 shot down alot of B-29 Judy would be nice i would say Ju-87 with 37mm but it just slow Me-410 but it can't dogfight as you can see i am runing out of planes to be added.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2008, 04:58:32 PM »
It the best they had and the Ki-45 shot down alot of B-29 Judy would be nice i would say Ju-87 with 37mm but it just slow Me-410 but it can't dogfight as you can see i am runing out of planes to be added.

Whilst those planes all have their good points, none of them really would be suitable for use as a perked bomber.  The Me-410 would probably be perked, however it would most likely be as a fighter (seeing as the Bf-110 is classified as a fighter in AH).  The Ju-87 with the cannon would almost certainly be an excellent candidate for perked ordinance, but again its lack of speed would almost certainly make it entirely unsuitable for being a perked bomber.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2008, 05:35:07 PM »
Since this thread has taken so many twists and turns let me add the following.

If you wana waste/use bomber perks so bad why not perk formations.  Bomber perks are so easy to get as any of them.  Make it cost 10-15 perks per bomber with a limit of 5 in a formation.  This is limited to the heavy hitters ie: Lancaster, B-24, and B-17.   Maybe 3-7 perks for the Boston, Ki-67, JU-88 and B-26....just a thought.

But I still think there is no need ,if we get it, to perk the A-26.  It does have speed, firepower and bomb loadout but there are better planes in all parts of that.  But any late war fighter has a very good chance against it in a dogfight.  IMHO the A-26 is almost a perfect attack aircraft...maybe why it was still used even after jet planes took over the skys.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2008, 05:53:23 PM »
Whilst those planes all have their good points, none of them really would be suitable for use as a perked bomber.  The Me-410 would probably be perked, however it would most likely be as a fighter (seeing as the Bf-110 is classified as a fighter in AH).  The Ju-87 with the cannon would almost certainly be an excellent candidate for perked ordinance, but again its lack of speed would almost certainly make it entirely unsuitable for being a perked bomber.
Well I got noting against the A-26 being added but all im saying axis need a bomber Sm.84 or Sm.79 would be nice.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2008, 06:18:55 PM »
  Bubi,thx for supporting my coment. :aok

No sense in carrying it on, :o it would fall on deaf ears.

Man I feel sorry for the next generation.

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2008, 07:41:53 PM »
We need this plane.
Best medium bomber of the war?......Nope, because instead of being a bomber that could attack (like the B-26 B-25 Ju-88) its an attack plane that can bomb (A-20,A26) diffrent plane's, diffrent roles, and im waiting for the day that the Invader coming to AcesHigh, GV's BEWARE.... :rock
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »
We need this plane.
Best medium bomber of the war?......Nope, because instead of being a bomber that could attack (like the B-26 B-25 Ju-88) its an attack plane that can bomb (A-20,A26) diffrent plane's, diffrent roles, and im waiting for the day that the Invader coming to AcesHigh, GV's BEWARE.... :rock

The A-26 it not ready for HTC it just to much later on when we got more planes and gvs then sure but not now Hs-129 the best for gv killing.

Offline Coog03

• Copper Member
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2008, 08:19:09 PM »
I would love to see the A-26 but we also need german, italian and japanese bombers to even up the sides. I also added 4 russian bombers to the list. I'm not saying these should get added before the A-26; just throwing some examples that could be used in the game. All from a fighter and bomber book i have in my study.

"Aircraft of World War II" BY Chris Chant

Attack Bomber (Ord load)
Italian- Breda Ba 88 Lince (2205 lbs)
Japanese- Mitsubishi G3M ‘Nell’ (1764 lbs)
Russian- Petyakov Pe-2/ 2FT (3527 lbs)
Russian- Tupolev SB-2 (1321 lbs)

Medium Bomber
Italian- CANT Z. 1007 Alicone (2646 lbs)
Italian- Caproni Bergamaschi Ca 135 (3527 lbs)
German- Dornier Do 17Z/E  (1653- 2205 lbs)
German- Dornier Do 217/E-5 (8818 lbs)
Italian- Fiat BR.20 Cicogna (3527 lbs)
German-Heinkel He-111P, H, Z (4400-5511 lbs)
German-Heinkel He-177A-1/3 Grief or A-5 Grief (13,228 lbs)
Russian- Ilyushin IL-4 (5952 lbs)
German- Junkers Ju 188 (6614 lbs)
Japanese- Mitsubishi G4M3 ‘Betty’ (1764 lbs)
Russian- Tupolev Tu-2 (8818 lbs)

Heavy Bomber
German- Focke-Wulf Fw 200 Condor (4630 lbs)
Japanese- Mitsubishi Ki-21 ‘Sally’ and ‘Gwen’ (2205 lbs, Actually considered medium due to lbs)
Japanese- Nakajima Ki-49 Donryu ‘Helen’ (2205lbs, considered medium due to lbs) 

:salute
VF41 Red Rippers
368th Thunder Bums
Killuminati

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2008, 08:23:51 PM »
I would love to see the A-26 but we also need german, italian and japanese bombers to even up the sides. I also added 4 russian bombers to the list. I'm not saying these should get added before the A-26; just throwing some examples that could be used in the game. All from a fighter and bomber book i have in my study.

"Aircraft of World War II" BY Chris Chant

Attack Bomber (Ord load)
Italian- Breda Ba 88 Lince (2205 lbs)
Russian- Petyakov Pe-2/ 2FT (3527 lbs)
Russian- Tupolev SB-2 (1321 lbs)

Medium Bomber
Italian- CANT Z. 1007 Alicone (2646 lbs)
Italian- Caproni Bergamaschi Ca 135 (3527 lbs)
German- Dornier Do 17Z/E  (1653- 2205 lbs)
German- Dornier Do 217/E-5 (8818 lbs)
Italian- Fiat BR.20 Cicogna (3527 lbs)
German-Heinkel He-111P, H, Z (4400-5511 lbs)
German-Heinkel He-177A-1/3 Grief or A-5 Grief (13,228 lbs)
Russian- Ilyushin IL-4 (5952 lbs)
German- Junkers Ju 188 (6614 lbs)
Japanese- Mitsubishi G4M3 ‘Betty’ (1764 lbs)
Russian- Tupolev Tu-2 (8818 lbs)

Heavy Bomber
German- Focke-Wulf Fw 200 Condor (4630 lbs)
Japanese- Mitsubishi Ki-21 ‘Sally’ and ‘Gwen’ (2205 lbs, Actually considered medium due to lbs)
Japanese- Nakajima Ki-49 Donryu ‘Helen’ (2205lbs, considered medium due to lbs) 

:salute
The betty would just catch on fire. Add the He-111z and the Me-323.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2008, 09:27:15 PM »
The betty would just catch on fire. Add the He-111z and the Me-323.
Ummm no. The G4M would be a great bomber. And we most certainly do not need the Me323.

The Fw200 was a big, slow, POS with a small bombload.