Author Topic: A-26 Invader  (Read 9451 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: A-26 Invader
« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2008, 02:44:18 PM »
But it just to much if HTC did a Korean game of Aces high then i can see the A-26 be added but the Axis didn't have the best bombers. Just live with the planes you got i have noting against the A-26. :noid

That doesn't change the fact that we only have one perked bomber in the game, and it only has fairly limited usefulness.  If the Axis 'didn't have the best bombers', then it follows that for another perked bomber, it must be an Allied aircraft.

Also, if you have nothing against the A-26, then why are you saying it shouldn't be added, and why should anything else be added (from you saying 'Just live with the planes you got')?
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2008, 02:46:53 PM »
That doesn't change the fact that we only have one perked bomber in the game, and it only has fairly limited usefulness.  If the Axis 'didn't have the best bombers', then it follows that for another perked bomber, it must be an Allied aircraft.

Also, if you have nothing against the A-26, then why are you saying it shouldn't be added, and why should anything else be added (from you saying 'Just live with the planes you got')?
It just to much to have I'm trying to think what type of Axis bomber to add but most of them were slow and alot of them were use to go after bombers unless we get the Ju-188 then let add the A-26.
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2008, 03:05:51 PM »
The real goal is to find a balance of overall use and acceptance for FSO/scenario use. No question that the He-111, Betty and Judy are all clearly needed at some point for scenario's etc. All however are sorely lacking (with the possible exception of the Judy) for MA use. One option is to add planes that saw low production like the Grace or a russian plane like the Tu-2 as an alternative. The only german plane that would "fit" is the Me-410 which had anemic payload compared to the A-26 or the Tu-2 and is really a fighter like the 110.

Since the game is more tactical then strategic the real "perk value" in a bomber lies more in its ability to play the role of a multi dimensional strike aircraft then function as a true bomber. The A-20, IL-2, B-25, mosquito and 110 all fill this role to some degree. The A-26 is simply a potentially better platform that would allow for a larger payload (6,000 lbs), greater range, higher speed and more firepower then any current option currently viewed as a "bomber" in this "strike aircraft" role.

The added strength in the A-26 should enhance its E fighting capability (probably at some expense to handling) vs the A-20 while providing increased capability in dive bombing. In effect the A-26 should be able to fly farther and faster and deliver more ords while having a greater ability to act in both an air to air or air to ground roll after expending ords then anything currently in the game by a wide margin. Its the combined capability that might merit a "prekie" not any single aspect of the plane.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2008, 03:07:36 PM »
The real goal is to find a balance of overall use and acceptance for FSO/scenario use. No question that the He-111, Betty and Judy are all clearly needed at some point for scenario's etc. All however are sorely lacking (with the possible exception of the Judy) for MA use. One option is to add planes that saw low production like the Grace or a russian plane like the Tu-2 as an alternative. The only german plane that would "fit" is the Me-410 which had anemic payload compared to the A-26 or the Tu-2 and is really a fighter like the 110.

Since the game is more tactical then strategic the real "perk value" in a bomber lies more in its ability to play the role of a multi dimensional strike aircraft then function as a true bomber. The A-20, IL-2, B-25, mosquito and 110 all fill this role to some degree. The A-26 is simply a potentially better platform that would allow for a larger payload (6,000 lbs), greater range, higher speed and more firepower then any current option currently viewed as a "bomber" in this "strike aircraft" role.

The added strength in the A-26 should enhance its E fighting capability (probably at some expense to handling) vs the A-20 while providing increased capability in dive bombing. In effect the A-26 should be able to fly farther and faster and deliver more ords while having a greater ability to act in both an air to air or air to ground roll after expending ords then anything currently in the game by a wide margin. Its the combined capability that might merit a "prekie" not any single aspect of the plane.
So for the Axis Judy or Me-410?

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2008, 03:24:17 PM »
The Judy or the 410 would be good planes to have but neither is good enough to be a perk ride.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2008, 03:25:33 PM »
The Judy or the 410 would be good planes to have but neither is good enough to be a perk ride.
And there the problem. :(

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2008, 05:24:11 PM »
And there the problem. :(

It's not a problem, it just means that they shouldn't/can't really be perk rides.
O o

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »
It's not a problem, it just means that they shouldn't/can't really be perk rides.
Well the problem here is the Axis really don't have any thing that come close to the A-26.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2008, 06:19:19 PM »
Well the problem here is the Axis really don't have any thing that come close to the A-26.

And?  It just means that there really isn't any alternative to a perked bomber apart from the A-26.

After we have that perked bomber, then I'm all for adding something from the Axis, probably for scenarios.
O o

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2008, 06:21:07 PM »
And?  It just means that there really isn't any alternative to a perked bomber apart from the A-26.

After we have that perked bomber, then I'm all for adding something from the Axis, probably for scenarios.
Im fine with the A-26 but i can't think any other Axis bomber to be added like the A-26. :huh

Offline dogfight123

• Zinc Member
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2008, 09:54:21 AM »
I agree. a 26 invaders are very agile fast bomber/tankbuster/rocket armed interceptor i hope that they will soon add it!

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2008, 12:56:43 PM »
I agree. a 26 invaders are very agile fast bomber/tankbuster/rocket armed interceptor i hope that they will soon add it!

Glad to hear it, thanks for the support  :D
O o

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »
Glad to hear it, thanks for the support  :D
Well first of all we need more Axis planes we all know that but i would love to see the A-26 be added but i see no place for it now.

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #193 on: November 12, 2008, 02:01:13 PM »
Well first of all we need more Axis planes we all know that but i would love to see the A-26 be added but i see no place for it now.

Wow thanks for the insite on this never knew you felt that way  :salute
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #194 on: November 12, 2008, 02:07:12 PM »
Wow thanks for the insite on this never knew you felt that way  :salute
Same what i just said scared me to.  :uhoh