Author Topic: How to fly like an idiot  (Read 2153 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: How to fly like an idiot
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 01:56:09 PM »
Mech: Its not really you man. Its of other things, people talking about the wickedness of bnz'ing, when what they are in fact referring to is OPHAing...people talking about he wickedness of fighter XYZ for running and picking when in fact in my experience, most kills in complex engagements are some form of pick, and I have had every fighter that CAN run from me do so, and others that can't do it long enough to drag me to friends or a freakin' flak, etc...

As for posting your videos, you do have a wonderful talent, and if you want to show it off a bit, I have absolutely no problem with that, I'm not one of those people who believe the talented are supposed to cultivate some kind of exaggerated humility.

I agree with you on this matter almost completely. The truth is we all pick, we all run and we all gangbang. We all like to focus on the aspect we are most satisfied with, for me it is tricking the attacker into a suicidal approach. The only thing that is a bit lame in my eyes is preaching one method of flying and damning all others. I'm a cherry picking gang tard and i know it, the game wouldnt be worth playing if it was all equal duels every engagement.
 Yes in some minor form i post to show off my game skills but mostly i post in the hope that I can open new doors to those who wish to add a few new skills to thier picking and ganging. Fly what you like and fly how you like with who ever you like and never feel bad about it. Thats my philosophy.

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 04:30:34 PM »
Fair play, nice shooting.

It's been so... long since I've ever pulled a snap shot off in the LWM. The new guys just don't fly like they use to.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 05:12:32 PM »
wasn't going after you...was showing in my round about way that this was not a chest thumping thread by you....that is all.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2008, 05:18:13 PM »
JUST FOLLOW me around for a bit. i'm almost ALWAYS low in a slow plane, and regardless if i should get into a turnfight or not, i usually do. then i hit the trees. or the mountainside. or the other guy attempts to help my fuel economy by removing some of the heavier parts of my aircraft.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2008, 08:05:22 PM »
connery, if you think i need the praise from you monkeys you can go toss yer caber and toture some baby haggis or soemthing. I post to enlighten new folks with an open mind. I get enough attention in real life.

take the thread for what it is worth and please do hold back on the WTGs. I cannot play hardly at all at the moment so you poor forum goers will have to put up with me spouting this tripe for a while

I ain't giving any praise, just making an observation, and If it's meant to be of help to someone, you might want to post in Help and Training instead of in the MA. Otherwise it does look like attention seeking. Sorry just call it how I see it.

Offline Hoffman

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2008, 09:15:57 PM »
What? You mean flying like this?

http://www.mediafire.com/?t13wiftmm4m

(I just want to say, I didn't notice I lost both my wings until after the last few shots at the B-26's... I was then pondering... hey that doesn't feel right.  Look left, left wing is gone, oh... no big deal I've had that happen a couple times I'll just land it.  Look right. :huh  Oh... that might be a problem...)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 10:32:48 PM »
i got an error trying that link hoffman, internet explorer cannot open the site may be experiencing trouble please try later, did you get the link right?

It's been so... long since I've ever pulled a snap shot off in the LWM. The new guys just don't fly like they use to.

half the opponents in these clips have been playing as long as i have...

i always said you would be twice as deadly with a joystick

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2008, 11:57:47 PM »
I post to enlighten new folks with an open mind. I get enough attention in real life.

I'm the worst player in AH, I suck at this game, just as  I did in AW.  But I think your claim of wanting to "enlighten new folks" falls short when you start out by refering to everyone that flys against you as an idiot.  I think that's what gets people's dander up.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2008, 12:17:57 AM »
JUST FOLLOW me around for a bit. i'm almost ALWAYS low in a slow plane, and regardless if i should get into a turnfight or not, i usually do. then i hit the trees. or the mountainside. or the other guy attempts to help my fuel economy by removing some of the heavier parts of my aircraft.

Is there any other way to fly?  Sounds very familier to me :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2008, 12:21:46 AM »
He refers to himself as "flying like an idiot" Traveler.

Helping noobs? If you want "how to do an overshoot"-watch a Batfink video. Period. Learning to do an overshoot is how that Spit 5K above becomes a mere dangerous annoyance to keep an eye while you are trying to hunt-In a P-51, Jug, Dora, Typhoon, name it-instead of a deal breaker.

What makes the "Holy Crap" moments in the film is Batfink's unbelievable snap-shooting ability. That was my only caveat-I think most people can learn how to pull off the maneuver, but not the kill shot consistently, which is why I personally won't be taking up positioning myself below a cloud of Red and killing them on the overshoot as a lifestyle. I have people overshoot me all the time, but rarely put much lead on the sucker before he's out of range. In many ways, when your shooting ability makes you a "flying wirbelwind", it changes which maneuvers can work. Bat could probably drop people right and left on the HO/FQ snapshot in the MA without taking damage if that was his wont.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2008, 04:05:27 PM »
Idiot is my middle name wait :huh doh :noid
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2008, 04:37:56 PM »
If posting a few of these films inspires one new guy to start learning a different approach to virtual air combat in general, then i am satistfied.
I only watched the first video. I never knew a 109 could do that  :eek: I guess throttle control is a real good skill to learn. <S>
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2008, 06:24:11 PM »
It is somewhat hypocritical to have whole websites expounding the basic ACM "truisms", then have posts on the BBS about how you CAN break all these rules and succeed and are in fact a miserable pudknocker if you DON'T.

Not only you can break all those rules, but in order to be "good" you must break them.  You must be able to surprise your opponent with the unexpected, trick him, beat him mentally,  before ACM will do anything for you.  I play this game 3 or 4 days a week.  The guys I fight that perform basic ACMs out of the book die after the first turn.  Not because I am good, know my plane, or anything that would indicate skill.  Because they are predictable.  I know where they will be after following an ACM rule out of the book, and I make sure my guns point there.

So really, I think you should stop giving advice or talk about how to be successful in this game until you actually figure it out yourself also.  BnZ , is the most predictable thing you could do.  The reason Bat could hit the impossible shots is because they were predictable.  He knew where to point his guns at.  Dos not always work, but hey, I miss AFK people from dead 6 at D200 also.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2008, 06:27:38 PM »
:rolleyes:

Sheeesh, it's bad enough so many horses won't drink without people telling them it's poison.  So what?  You die?  So does Batfink.  So does Dedalos, Skyrock, Creton, Shane, and everyone else.  They die all the time. 

Correction.  Dedalos is alive.  It was only a PW and I did manage to eject.  Even though I was found unconscious behind enemy lines, our spy Agent360 was able to make contact with double agent Stang.  They put together a team lead by official HT spy TC and somehow managed to bring me back.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2008, 07:01:58 PM »
Correction.  Dedalos is alive.  It was only a PW and I did manage to eject.  Even though I was found unconscious behind enemy lines, our spy Agent360 was able to make contact with double agent Stang.  They put together a team lead by official HT spy TC and somehow managed to bring me back.

:lol :lol :lol

:aok