Author Topic: Another school shooting in Finland  (Read 577 times)

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Re: Another school shooting in Finland
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 12:53:43 PM »
you could say that if the other students had been armed...

anyways, I think the good ol' days were better when everyone just carried a nice sharp blade with them or a revolver in the gun belt for all to see.

'try me, I can do it to you too'

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 12:55:47 PM »
No reason to make this a "gun control" fight.

They need our thoughts and if your into prayer, them too.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 01:03:04 PM »
..and when your minister outlaws sidearms, you expect the criminals will turn theirs in? Outlawing weapons does not stop this type of crime.

Besides, sidearms have a purpose... they allow a man the time necessary to fight his way to his rifle.

edit>> As bongie said.. this is no time to abuse your sensibilities. My apologies if I have done so. Your little nation has always been an inspiration to me.. so few know of your countrymens astonishing accomplishments and sacrifice. You and yours deserve better.. and your people have earned the right to decide for yourselves whats best for your children.

Bless you all.. and my condolences.  :salute

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »
..and when your minister outlaws sidearms, you expect the criminals will turn theirs in? Outlawing weapons does not stop this type of crime.

Besides, sidearms have a purpose... they allow a man the time necessary to fight his way to his rifle.

edit>> As bongie said.. this is no time to abuse your sensibilities. My apologies if I have done so. Your little nation has always been an inspiration to me.. so few know of your countrymens astonishing accomplishments and sacrifice. You and yours deserve better.. and your people have earned the right to decide for yourselves whats best for your children.

First of all we get a very low amount of armed crime down here. Second regardless of consequences you're going to get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law if you fire a weapon in self defence here. So the gun might aswell be illegal for all goods and purposes.

Not too long ago a gas station owner shot an attacking burglar (in his shop which he camped after repeated break-ins) to the leg - he got trialed and found guilty to a firegun offence and exaggerated self defence. The attacker was wielding a knife..

In a sense the right to defend ourselves by firepower has already been taken away. We are what you might call a nanny state, 100%.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 01:21:10 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 02:17:51 PM »
Sorry to hear this. Sick people like these... they make me mad.

Condolences to family and friends of the victims.
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 02:25:48 PM »
ripley..  So all the crap I have heard in the past about how you guys had/have more gun rights that us is just that.,... crap?

If you can't use em to defend yourself or others from criminals then you have no rights.

lazs

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 02:35:18 PM »
I never understand why these people who want to kill themselves, always try to take out a bunch of others in the process.
"strafing"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 02:48:35 PM »

<S>

These folks haven't even had a nights rest and we're yelling at each other.  Let's give them the time and support they need before making a mockery of it gentlemen.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 04:16:54 PM »
The guy posted a threat video on internet on friday, he was called for police questioning yesterday for it but they decided not to confiscate his guns after the review. How wrong they were.

The video in question did not contain any questionable material. If posing for a film at a shooting range is a crime, then almost every gun owner should be arrested. There was no grounds for confiscating guns. In fact Mr. Saari could have made a police report of the person who reported him on the basis of libel or phony report. Apparently he also appeared to have behaved normally during the questioning and did not give a hint of mental problems.

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 04:35:46 PM »
I dunno if anyone here surfs to /b/ forums, but I saw a thread there made by anon about planning to execute his plan to kill :uhoh. I saw and read that thread around 1 AM Pacific time September 23.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 04:37:28 PM by mg1942 »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »
What are the laws in Finland on purchasing nitrogen fertilizer and deisle oil coupled with owning small trucks? Finns have some of the highest IQ's on the planet. So without a firearm I'm sure the young man would have improvised another more destructive solution.

Is person to person violence in Finland on the rise for some reason? Ive caught other stories from euro based news outlets in the past few years. Are you having similar person to person violence and rape crime problems with african\middle eastern immigrants as Norway and Sweden? Suppose I could research the stats myself.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 04:54:03 PM »
I never understand why these people who want to kill themselves, always try to take out a bunch of others in the process.

He's an international, though infamous, celebrity now. We are discussing him even here on an obscure American BBS forum. You go for a ride in a closed garage and you just make the local paper and impact family and friends.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 05:10:59 PM »
ripley..  So all the crap I have heard in the past about how you guys had/have more gun rights that us is just that.,... crap?

If you can't use em to defend yourself or others from criminals then you have no rights.

lazs

I don't think I ever said we had more gun 'rights' than you do. Guns are registered and the use is very strictly controlled.

I may have knowingly provocated you on some occasions but the fact remains in the US gun ownership is way more free than here. Especially for self defence.

The bottom line is that we have to rely on law enforcement for protection as far as guns go. You're only allowed to fight fire with fire so if the attacker comes with a knife you're basically not allowed to shoot him. Cars are totally outlawed stealing one is not considered a crime anymore just a minor.

So yeah our society has many things wrong, very wrong. But luckily we still have relatively low amounts of junkies and random violence. Most violent cases happen within alcoholic parties - they rarely affect general population. I know this may be hard to understand but this is how it is. Like an underground movement of alcoholics that stay within themselves.

Junkies are the real problem. I wouldn't hesitate to pop a cap on any of them at any time.

OTOH I can buy an illegal chinese sub machine gun for home defence with same kind of penalties as using a legal pistol.. so..
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 05:27:38 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 05:20:16 PM »
What are the laws in Finland on purchasing nitrogen fertilizer and deisle oil coupled with owning small trucks? Finns have some of the highest IQ's on the planet. So without a firearm I'm sure the young man would have improvised another more destructive solution.

Is person to person violence in Finland on the rise for some reason? Ive caught other stories from euro based news outlets in the past few years. Are you having similar person to person violence and rape crime problems with african\middle eastern immigrants as Norway and Sweden? Suppose I could research the stats myself.....

Like I said on the other thread the law enforcement actually expected this to happen. Ususally after each mass murder there will be a couple copycats following the example. That's exactly why the police took this guy for questioning - his videos resembled closely to Auvinen's videos before he made the attack in Jokela.

The basic problem lies within our society. People are closed, many young men don't get laid - may even be virgins. There are many things that are great in Finland but there are many things that absolutely suck too. I myself, for an example, married a foreigner since I found the idea of marrying a local girl totally uninteresting.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 07:14:44 PM »
Interesting the town of Oulu, immigrants are 1.9% of the population commiting 41% of the rapes.

The notorious and government covered up "sissor-rape" happened in Oulu. Sudanees gang rape happened there if Im correct. While gang banging the lady they were using scissors on her private parts.

Seems Finlands rape stats have increased with the influx of muslims. 5 million Finns but the highest proportional rape is from 1-2% of your population who commit %14.3 of the total rapes. But your government goes out of its way to cover this up.

When you can find stats for crime in Finland it looks about the same proportion except for suicides.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.