Author Topic: Gun Control...  (Read 779 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Gun Control...
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:56:56 AM »
... is hitting what you aim at!  :aok

We need more people like this outstanding citizen:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- An 18-year-old man was killed Tuesday night in a shooting at a convenience store at 26th Street and Van Brunt Boulevard, police said.

The shooting happened at a 7-Eleven at about 10:30 p.m.

Police said a man was robbing the store at gunpoint when one of the two clerks pulled out his own gun and shot him in the neck.

And thus another potential democrat voter takes the celestial dirt nap.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
Re: Gun Control...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 10:58:56 AM »
... is hitting what you aim at!  :aok

We need more people like this outstanding citizen:

And thus another potential democrat voter takes the celestial dirt nap.

lol... he was a potential democratic voter?

John Wayne Gacy was a registered Republican.... what exactly is your point?
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 10:59:33 AM »
Firearm: the great equalizer.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 11:05:51 AM »
An armed society is a polite society... criminals and terrorists would become extinct. So would corrupt police forces and government officials.

Liberal teachers would have a bounty on 'em.

What's not to like?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 11:09:28 AM »

Insanity knows no party affiliation (although Al Gore is trying to change all that).

Stupidity is clearly owned by the left.  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 11:12:06 AM »

The Unibomber was a democrat. So is Ayers.

what exactly is yours?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 11:13:58 AM »
He must have jerked the trigger to shoot the guy in the neck. I always tell everyone I teach to shoot, SQUEEZE the trigger. If you jerk it the round will go high, and if you try to anticipate it, you'll drop the round low.

Still a shot to the neck isn't all that bad. If your going to miss center of mass, might as well miss into something vital.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 11:18:42 AM »
'Center of mass' these days against the targets we're likely to have is obsolete.

Head Shots. Always go for the head.

:D

...at home, or abroad.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 11:48:14 AM »
He must have jerked the trigger to shoot the guy in the neck. I always tell everyone I teach to shoot, SQUEEZE the trigger. If you jerk it the round will go high, and if you try to anticipate it, you'll drop the round low.

Still a shot to the neck isn't all that bad. If your going to miss center of mass, might as well miss into something vital.

unless he was aiming for the head, and pulled down?

the few times i've shot,  i had bad tendencies to pull down. my friend said i was doing it in anticipation of any recoil, although i don;t know for sure,
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 12:07:22 PM »
unless he was aiming for the head, and pulled down?

the few times i've shot,  i had bad tendencies to pull down. my friend said i was doing it in anticipation of any recoil, although i don;t know for sure,

I think it was your tendency to close your eyes and scream that made him suspect recoil issues.    :D
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 12:12:30 PM »
I think it was your tendency to close your eyes and scream that made him suspect recoil issues.    :D

:rofl dam!! figured it out!! :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 12:13:10 PM »
An armed society is a polite society... criminals and terrorists would become extinct. So would corrupt police forces and government officials.

Liberal teachers would have a bounty on 'em.

What's not to like?

Not that I'm against guns as I own my own, but that's so much BS.

Is Afghanistan a polite society? You aren't considered a man there unless you have a gun. Yet look how lawless that place is. Hell it bread the terrorist that attacked the US on 9/11.  Yet you claim a armed society will make terrorist extinct? Again Afghanistan is one of the most armed countries in the world and it's political ranks are full of corruption.

The same could be said for many of the other countries in that area as well as many African and South American countries. The gun does not make people civilized. Laws and order make people civilized, a gun is nothing more than a tool that can be used as personal protection or to assault others.

You gun nuts go a bit far trying to push the agenda that guns are responsible for saving lives or protecting freedom or what ever the current NRA poster claims. Guns are a tool nothing more, people are what cause law & order or destruction, nothing else.
"strafing"

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 12:13:25 PM »
Earlier in the week also in Kansas City......

"A store clerk fatally shot a man in an attempted robbery Monday afternoon at 27th Street and Prospect Avenue, police said."

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/808979.html

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 12:21:19 PM »
Not that I'm against guns as I own my own, but that's so much BS.

Is Afghanistan a polite society? You aren't considered a man there unless you have a gun. Yet look how lawless that place is. Hell it bread the terrorist that attacked the US on 9/11.  Yet you claim a armed society will make terrorist extinct? Again Afghanistan is one of the most armed countries in the world and it's political ranks are full of corruption.

The same could be said for many of the other countries in that area as well as many African and South American countries. The gun does not make people civilized. Laws and order make people civilized, a gun is nothing more than a tool that can be used as personal protection or to assault others.

You gun nuts go a bit far trying to push the agenda that guns are responsible for saving lives or protecting freedom or what ever the current NRA poster claims. Guns are a tool nothing more, people are what cause law & order or destruction, nothing else.

go to a place that has "light" gun laws. some place that it's fairly easy to get a carry permit. walk into a quickmart and try to rob em. if ya live through it, come back here and let us know how ya made out, ok?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 12:22:39 PM »
Yeah if your dropping rounds, your anticipating the recoil. You just have to let it happen, be surprised, and the round will go right where the sights are at.

I've taught my fair share of people how to shoot handguns, and rifles. Lots of little things people don't even think about that can mean the differance between a well placed shot, and one that goes anywhere but where you wanted it to go.

Dropping rounds or high rounds are fairly easy to correct though. What gets to be a problem with many shooters are the ones who send them left or right. That's just improper grip on the weapon, but it's hard to correct. My last student had the problem of her hand being just a bit too small for the 9mm she was shooting. She was afraid it would jump out of her hands so she was gripping it tighter with her right hand than she needed to, hence palming the bottom of the grip, and sending the rounds wide right. When I fianlly saw what she was doing I was able to correct her grip and all of a sudden she was laying them in center mass on a pretty consistent basis.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"