Author Topic: McCain War hero? Interesting read!  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Dos Equis

• Nickel Member
Re: McCain War hero? Interesting read!
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2008, 09:08:04 AM »
who in their right mind would slander John Kerry's war record?

Worst.

Thread.

Ever.

Fixed!  :aok

Offline Dos Equis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2008, 09:09:08 AM »
Hey, it looks as if the LA Times this morning has picked up on McCain's dubious history:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-aviator6-2008oct06,0,7633315.story

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2008, 09:24:15 AM »
McCain: "John, you were right"

Kerry: "See you back at the senate"
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2008, 09:24:55 AM »
Hey, it looks as if the LA Times this morning has picked up on McCain's dubious history:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-aviator6-2008oct06,0,7633315.story

Hmm how many error free flight hours in a military aircraft does Obama have?  ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dos Equis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2008, 09:38:20 AM »
Hmm how many error free flight hours in a military aircraft does Obama have?  ;)

George Bush had quite a few, and turned out to be a really smashing president. If by smashing, you mean smashing the economy.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2008, 09:39:27 AM »
Simply amazing. A young hot shot Naval Aviator who was known to push the envelope by everyone who flew with him crashed two planes, and banged up a third. Had his plane blown up while on the deck from an accident that was not his doing, got hurt in the process from shrapnel, choose to stay in theater when he had the option to leave, and ended up getting shot down by a SAM while on a bomb run and spent 5 1/2 years as a POW.

When he was released, he continued to serve in the Navy, ended up commanding a fighter squadron, flew thousands of more hours in military and civilian aircraft with 0 incidents. I think it's safe to assume that he learned from those incidents and that made him a better pilot and commander in the long run.

I also love how the folks that are bashing him on this stupid stuff have probably never flown a plane or even know how a plane flies, but hey they are reporters so they must know something right?

What's Obama done? For damn sure he's never put his life on the line for this country. Oh wait he was a comunity organizer. At the same age Obama was a comunity organizer, McCain was a squadron commander leading men in the defense of this country, flying planes off of carriers (one of the most dangerous flying activities there is) and accourding to those that served with him, he did it rather well.

Keep spinning though :rolleyes:
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Dos Equis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2008, 09:49:23 AM »
When he was released, he continued to serve in the Navy, ended up commanding a fighter squadron, flew thousands of more hours in military and civilian aircraft with 0 incidents. I think it's safe to assume that he learned from those incidents and that made him a better pilot and commander in the long run.

This is false. He crashed a civilian aircraft stateside after the war.

Also, as the LA Times points out, his father stepped in and doctored the report concerning his T-2 crash.

His father also pulled strings to get him the command. It's in the Rolling Stone article. Any normal person without an admiral for a dad would have been bounced from the academy, bounced from flight duty, and had a career behind a desk.