Author Topic: Trying to re-find the fun  (Read 1200 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Trying to re-find the fun
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 03:14:07 PM »

Thanks Cap. I hope you find a good home. :aok

thanks dude/////already have.........new member of the Satans Playmates. :D :aok

there was at least one of your squadmates making comments on open channel.......really just embarrassing himself. :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 04:41:03 PM »
thanks dude/////already have.........new member of the Satans Playmates. :D :aok

there was at least one of your squadmates making comments on open channel.......really just embarrassing himself. :D

Don't hold any grudges. It isn't worth it.

Me and AckAck are having beers later in El Segundo to bury the hatchet . I just picked up a new one at Hommie D's  :lol

Just joking AckAck
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 04:43:17 PM by BigPlay »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 05:04:32 PM »
That's because we were on the Bish end of the map keeping the Playmates busy defending their bases. Great fun...... They can't be everywhere.

P.S. good job landing those tank kills. It shocked the hell outta me when I saw it on the text buffer. With you AckAck and Souless on the same side I guess you had to gv it to find a fight. I saw that on the roster and said to myself..... I am not flying over rook land today ;)

lol I knew folks would pass out seeing me landing kills in a GV. Was a few good fights but they petered out. So I GV'd a little.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 05:05:58 PM »

Don't hold any grudges. It isn't worth it.

Me and AckAck are having beers later in El Segundo to bury the hatchet . I just picked up a new one at Hommie D's  :lol

Just joking AckAck

oooo..i'm not holding any grudges. it;s an awsome source of entertainment! almost like havin storch back in there :rofl

BTW....who's burying the hatchet in whoms head? :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 05:10:28 PM »
lol I knew folks would pass out seeing me landing kills in a GV. Was a few good fights but they petered out. So I GV'd a little.

sometimes, GV'ing is fun. i don't do it too often, as i only serve as bait so my countrymen can get some kills. i don't think i could hit even the large buildings if they were moving, so imagine me hitting a moving tiger or panzer :rofl

quick question though? saturday night, i was playing astronaught, chasing some b24's. on my 2nd or 3rd pass, he hit my engine oil, and i was 2 sectors from home, so i headed to rtb. crossing A1, i saw a p38 somewhat below me, climbing to me. it turned off over A1. was that you? if so, <<S>> for not following me all the way home, as there was no way i could've fought with the oil on the windscreen like that. i lost the engine completley about 2 minutes after the 38 turned away too. :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 05:25:27 PM »
I got bored of AH, then I took a good 3-4 months break. Now I'm back at it with a few flights a week. Just furballing it though, haven't find the time to go on some good long D9 sorties=/. THough that's all i wanna do !
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 05:28:18 PM »
I got bored of AH, then I took a good 3-4 months break. Now I'm back at it with a few flights a week. Just furballing it though, haven't find the time to go on some good long D9 sorties=/. THough that's all i wanna do !

you missed a GREAT furball between one of the knight cv's, and one of the rook island bases. was fun.....till someone sunk the cv anyway!

almost forgot.......

Cobia.......in one of those fights, i thought i was lookin at the tail end of your plane, squeezed the trigger, and realized i was looking at you comming strtaight at me.......so...apologizes for the ho pass......itwasn't delibret,.....and seeing as i'm one of the first to biatch when it happens to me, i need to apologize if i did it to someone undeserved. <<S>>
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 05:36:08 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 05:32:31 PM »
oooo..i'm not holding any grudges. it;s an awsome source of entertainment! almost like havin storch back in there :rofl

BTW....who's burying the hatchet in whoms head? :rofl :rofl

Me of course.... what did you think.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 05:32:42 PM »
Very well said Yanksfan! I have learned that the people you fly with are what makes the game fun.  :salute

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »
Me of course.... what did you think.

wait...you can't..there's not enough good 38 drivers around.....but then again, he does kick my arse every time we fight............ :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 09:37:06 PM »
Well, after taking some time off from the MA's, then returning to find that I am worse (if that's possible) then I was B4. Getting frustrated at the classic HO'ing and picking and all the rest of the classic complaints we have all heard a thousand and one billion times. I came across "Badhorse".

Badhorse was my first real wingie back when we were both still learning to play the game, we flew fighters drove tanks defended and attacked, took bases and lost them landed kills and got killed plenty. Sometimes we would pork fields, bomb rifinerys (cause they burn) or just up something and go get killed. No matter what we did we always had fun. Anyways I went off to learn to be a cartoon fighter pilot and he kept doing what ever the heck you wanna call what it was we used to do.

So earlier tonight we went to midwar, I asked him what he wanted to do and we decided to knock out all the troops and radar at the 4 V-bases threatening a few airbases we had in the area. We upped a couple F6F's and I couldn't beleave I could still hit anything on the ground with a rocket or bomb. we let everyone know the bases were ready for troops and we even took one ourselves, my first capture in a couple years. Was FUN.

Well what i learned about finding the fun that I have been looking for of late is this, You don't have to be a fighter pilot, or bomber or GV'er or furballer or toolshedder, you just have to enjoy what your doing whatever that may be, don't let anyone tell you how to have fun and just go out and have fun. Enjoy the company you keep and don't worry about anyone elses standards for gameplay, play the game to have fun, try something new or in my case something old.

I don't think I have ever had a better time playing this game then when I have been in the company of Badhorse, i have alot of friends in the game and I have fun with all of them doing different things at different times different ways, everyone has a take on the game and do what they enjoy doing, alot of people I know would not be caught dead takeing a base, some really don't like it and others it's just not what furballers do, in any case "S" to everyone that does as they please in the pursuit of fun.

Now I just have to talk Badhorse into switching sides now and again.

Don

Yanks,
Very ironic post indeed. The last few weeks I have found myself just not having any real fun in the game as of late. FSO's have been a blast, but in the MA's I have been really struggling, especially my flying. I think I have hit that point where I just am not really showing any progress fwd, backwards if any really  :furious. I have read about this happening to others, with hopes it would not happen to me. The fun just disappeared.

I fly MW mostly, maybe DA once in a blue moon. I have been spending more time GV'ing and gunning then flying, I'm somewhat ashamed of my flying as of late, I couldn't out turn a b24 with a hurri to save my ..... :huh  :rofl    But last night............... it was fun! I really think I just needed to realize to mix it up as it were, and listen to a fellow squaddie to " just play the game the way I would like to play it"  :aok

:salute

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 10:15:07 PM »

Yanks,
Very ironic post indeed. The last few weeks I have found myself just not having any real fun in the game as of late. FSO's have been a blast, but in the MA's I have been really struggling, especially my flying. I think I have hit that point where I just am not really showing any progress fwd, backwards if any really  :furious. I have read about this happening to others, with hopes it would not happen to me. The fun just disappeared.

I fly MW mostly, maybe DA once in a blue moon. I have been spending more time GV'ing and gunning then flying, I'm somewhat ashamed of my flying as of late, I couldn't out turn a b24 with a hurri to save my ..... :huh  :rofl    But last night............... it was fun! I really think I just needed to realize to mix it up as it were, and listen to a fellow squaddie to " just play the game the way I would like to play it"  :aok

:salute

Exactly, trying to fit yourself into some mold someone has made as to what one should be in this game is just silly. just go and have fun whatever you feel like doing. Don't worry about getting killed, just up another plane or tank or whatever.  :aok

ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Capt.Joe

• Copper Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 10:24:25 PM »
Yanksfan for President!  :aok

Like i said before, you hit the nail on the head!  :salute
~*~Birds of Prey "MERLINS"~*~
________
[_|_,o[__]o,
[--|_|- OlllllO-

( )_) ( )_)-)_)
J

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2008, 11:22:10 AM »
you missed a GREAT furball between one of the knight cv's, and one of the rook island bases. was fun.....till someone sunk the cv anyway!

almost forgot.......

Cobia.......in one of those fights, i thought i was lookin at the tail end of your plane, squeezed the trigger, and realized i was looking at you comming strtaight at me.......so...apologizes for the ho pass......itwasn't delibret,.....and seeing as i'm one of the first to biatch when it happens to me, i need to apologize if i did it to someone undeserved. <<S>>

pff I didn't miss no furball, it was like my K4 taking on 2-3 killuminatis all night !
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2008, 11:31:14 AM »

pff I didn't miss no furball, it was like my K4 taking on 2-3 killuminatis all night !

wellll...that's a good thing?

i was in MW in the mentioned furball....... :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"