Author Topic: Ta152  (Read 2140 times)

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
Ta152
« on: November 12, 2008, 05:52:24 AM »
I think most people dont know it is unperked. Seems that everyone is trying to kill you as greedy as before.

What u think? Do you feel the same?  :)
I am a spy!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Ta152
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 06:25:43 AM »
It sucks so bad that it doesn't even deserve a thread drawing attention to it.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 06:33:08 AM »
I go after them quick because once they get above me they're a real problem. It's a awesome aircraft and I'm surprized more guys don't fly them.
Lighten up Francis

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 06:36:57 AM »
I only use it to hunt bombers.

The Few GFC

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 07:24:48 AM »
Hits like an A8, turns like a A5 and is almost as fast as a D9. It's the all-rounder of the 190s.

Fuel range is superb, too. I only ever take 100% when I'm going on long distance prowls to get in the middle of a big fight between the two other countries. Targets galore.

Drop tank? Forget it.

The reason people don't fly it is because it's not easy to fly. It's a complete squeak, it's challenging and requires aggression and restraint at the same time.... a balance not easily maintained.

If you don't stroke it the right way the 152 will slap you right round and make you its b itch before you can say nein! scheisse!

Basically, it's too hard to fly as a fighter for the average AH. You have to WANT to like the 152.

The 152 is capable of magnificent things but it requires more dedication to get small amounts out of it.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 08:36:01 AM »
Drop tank? Forget it.

Why? The Ta drop tank is a wonderful thing. Carrying one doesn't hurt your performance after dropping it. 50%+DT when hunting high-alt buffs, Vbase defense or deep strikes, 25%+DT for close furballs or field defense.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 08:57:00 AM »
Plus the ability to engage and dis-engage, at will, above 20k is magnificent.  It is a monster up there   :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 09:29:37 AM »
It's a awesome aircraft and I'm surprized more guys don't fly them.

Adverse Yaw.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 09:38:53 AM »
I have a hard time believing that an aircraft with our Ta-152's handling characteristics would ever have been put into production.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 09:45:56 AM »
Why? It definitely does not handle as sweetly in terms of straight-forward stability as its 190 cousins, but it is not too terribly difficult to take off, fly, or land. If it bites you occasionally in hard maneuvers...well, consider that LW fighters were meant more for BNZing than putting on aerobatic exhibitions.

I have a hard time believing that an aircraft with our Ta-152's handling characteristics would ever have been put into production.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 09:53:46 AM »
You think it's easy to land the 152?  Really?  I know we make careless landings in this game, but even when I try my best I still ground-loop when landing that thing from time to time.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 09:54:35 AM »

Why not?  AH2 produces lots of them every day.  And they're free!!!!     

:rofl
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 10:08:57 AM »
Mipoikel, you pwned my boston formation last night.  :cry
i did hit a 152 pretty good on an overshoot. I thought i got a pw on him. Was that you or another 152?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 10:21:57 AM »
No, not "easy", but not beyond the pale for a fighter aircraft, where tricky handling is often tolerated if the airframe has good performance.

First time I tried to land one, I was slowing down by the means I always use, closed throttle and high-G barrel rolls until slow enough for flaps to come out. All of a sudden, I found myself simply *falling* flat as a pancake out of the sky. I pushed the throttle forward and it started flying again just barely in time to miss the foliage. No more crap like that when lading the 152.

You think it's easy to land the 152?  Really?  I know we make careless landings in this game, but even when I try my best I still ground-loop when landing that thing from time to time.

Well, there you go. Happened in WWII. That is the reason tricycle gear designs pretty much dominate the market today.

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 10:39:59 AM »
Mipoikel, you pwned my boston formation last night.  :cry
i did hit a 152 pretty good on an overshoot. I thought i got a pw on him. Was that you or another 152?

It was me, I thought few 30mm hits would kill your boston but surprisingly you stayed alive and pinged me. I wounded but managed to land.

AH-Film: http://www.savanne.org/ah/ta152.zip

Pics:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 10:49:21 AM by mipoikel »
I am a spy!