Author Topic: Lowering the Price?  (Read 1831 times)

Offline DR7

• Zinc Member
Re: Lowering the Price?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 07:22:23 PM »
where else can you get all the HOs you wont for $15.  Great value for the money.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 07:32:15 PM »
Lowering the price when it's only 50 cents a day? :confused:

wow 50cents? your getting the shaft .
I pay 49 cents a day  :aok
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 07:38:26 PM »
So you've been playing for a long time, as most addicts...... And only registered 10 days ago on the forums?  Let me get in line to listen to your thoughts more often! 
Also..... I fixed most of the spelling and grammar for you.  You're Welcome.  Stop cutting your English class!

But enough of that, you'll forgive my aggression......

The game is dirt cheap now and the updates take a while because 7 people in Grapevine, TX do all the work.  And they do it this way so they don't have to raise the price too darn much.  But as so many of my friends and enemies have already stated.........  I'd take an increase in price if they were going to hire another fulltime developer or two!  I would do it in a heartbeat and I think most of us "addicts" would too!

So because I haven't been registered with the forum my opinion matters less... good logic. I've always read the forum for films, tips and what not, just never bothered to register until recently, when i had the idea of self propelled artillery. I registered because I had a good, worth while idea to post, unlike your rude reply. Just answering would have be fine, like everyone else did.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline P1Tiger

• Copper Member
      • VMF-214 'Black Sheep'
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 08:59:06 PM »
Increase the monthly fee to $30, hire a few more developers, FIX all the inaccurate aircraft, ADD more aircraft, hone and fine tune the gv game, ADD more gv's,...

and once a player has been here for 12 mos.... their renewal is $15 a month.  HTC will retain a lot of people that way.
i think that people who has been forum active, as well as a active member to the game, and has been in the game for a year, would have the right to pay 15$, new people, or Inactive people regardless of years playing, would have to pay 25$
VMF-214'Black Sheep' here since tour 93.

http://www.VMFBlackSheep214.webs.com

"It was war. We were defending our country. We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight."
— Captain Wilfrid Reid 'Wop' May, RFC

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 09:50:07 PM »
The price will change

In two weeks

:P
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 10:00:19 PM »
I don't mind the price, but I do mind that it's completely subscription based. I can't just make a payment whenever I decide want to play. Since some months I really can't afford it, I've had to stop playing to get rid of the hassle.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2008, 10:38:19 PM »
It doesn't matter of someone just started playing this morning or has been an active member for the last 7 years, they are still the customer and are entitled to the same monthly rates. HTC would probably lose a lot of it's revenue if it raised the bar to $30.00, you might see "as some seem to think" the more elite players only cruise these skies and all of our problems concerning immature players in the MA fixed though I seriously doubt it. It's easier for a parent to sit their kid in front of technology than it is to be an actual parent.

This game is priced exactly the way it should be.
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 04:45:01 AM »
The folks at HTC need to put food on the table too.  $15 a month is well worth it.
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 10:20:26 AM »
You didn't mention your spelling!   :huh
So because I haven't been registered with the forum my opinion matters less... good logic. I've always read the forum for films, tips and what not, just never bothered to register until recently, when i had the idea of self propelled artillery. I registered because I had a good, worth while idea to post, unlike your rude reply. Just answering would have be fine, like everyone else did.

You may also note..... I did ask you to forgive my aggression!  So now who is being rude?
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 11:35:19 AM »
You may also note..... I did ask you to forgive my aggression!  So now who is being rude?

you shouldn't even have to ask, it was just uncalled for in my opinion. But yes thank god  :pray you were there to correct my spelling, Hopefully my message is conveyed more clearly now.  :lol
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline sldered

• Zinc Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2008, 05:36:29 PM »
$ 15 is not bad for people that are able to play all the time. I work a 2 week on , 2 week off shift on an oil rig so i am not able to get my money's worth.  :cool:
  CALLSIGN: Slider26     49th FG  7th FS.  S.A.P.P P-38 flyer

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »
     Did they start holding guns to people's heads for the subscription price?
You don't think it's worth it, vote with your feet.  I'm very happy myself, so I
think I'll stay.

The stuff in this post reminds me of the HtH freeloader's rants.

80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2008, 05:57:28 PM »

The stuff in this post reminds me of the HtH freeloader's rants.

:aok
See Rule #4

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2008, 06:19:44 PM »
Why lower the price I would like to see better graphics so on so fourth :O Raise it if we get a better product.. I will pay if it is worth the bucks... What is it a 900 mhz pc will play this game...Lol  what is that like 1998 99 some were in there?
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2008, 06:24:58 PM »
I seriously doubt HTC will change the price. In a year, off of about 1200 people (which is a rough estimate guessing how many people play all week, vs. people who only play for FSO... and so forth) they only make about $215K which is a lot of money, but when they spend so much of it on the game and modeling, I'm not sure how much they have left.
No one knows what the future may bring.