Author Topic: You don't NEED a gun simplified.  (Read 4345 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: You don't NEED a gun simplified.
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2008, 12:02:01 PM »
i know vulcan but giving away your guns is giving away your freedom. Why do you think the right to bear arms is the second amendment. Its more important then just owning a gun. The fathers did it for a reason
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2008, 01:25:14 PM »

You will find a lot of black powder guys around here as well.  Black powder deer season is VERY popular.

ROX

I'm a black powder shooter, more-so than a "modern" shooter.  I hunt with my flintlock rifle- I grocery shop with the .270.

Arguments against gun ownership that have bothered me in the past were arguments against owning anything larger than a .50 (my rifle is a .54, my Brown Bess (musket) is a .75...), and depending on the wording, my muzzle-loaders are historical "assault weapons" or "military" weapons.  The flintlock was used by the worlds military's (sp?) for over 260 years, no other firearm even comes close... 

Heck, my shotgun shoots a projectile larger than .50 cal.  Also, arguments against owning weapons that can shoot through a BP vest are troublesome.  My .270 and 22-250 will go through more than 1/4" of steel at 200+ yards.

In addition, the powder I need to keep them functioning correctly is an "explosive", compared to modern powders which are "propellants".  Flintlocks don't perform well with any of the modern "synthetics" I've tried.

Ink-  Nice blade!  I've got a beauty of a Bowie style knife (hand forged Damascus) that a friend made...  Too big to lug around, but a work of art!
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2008, 01:31:34 PM »
my home defence

obviously i took these pics offline, but its the exact sword i own!

folded 8-10 times, clay used in heat tempering to give a hard edge and soft spine,so the Hamon line is real.

insanly sharp,scary sharp!!!
Nice sword, but what would Indy do?   :D

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2008, 01:46:01 PM »
Mtnman, ya damascus is very nice, its a little differant then my blade although they look very similure, with damascus they start out with around 512 layers of alternating hard and soft steels, and then forge that into the blade, i bought a $60 blade kit from Atlanta cutlery a dagger in damacus, i traded it to a sword shop for 3 high carbon steel swords, then he sold it for $300.

lol those who showed Indy... lol real life, if someone broke into my house i probably would not go for my sword,  of course if the situation allowed it, it would be in my hands, but i would be more inclinded to confront them with my hands, or feet or elbows or knees heck my forhead  or teeth, point is - my house not a smart one to try to rob.

<S>

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2008, 01:55:17 PM »
my house not a smart one to try to rob.

well thats just because our lovely and brave Stacy would beat the intruder about the head and neck region with your recently, commencing at the sound of the breaking glass, poop filled diaper!

YOU WUSSY!!!!!!

loves to the FAMILY Brother

FLOTSOM

P.S. Our Knives are sharp!  :O  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2008, 01:56:17 PM »

Yea, just all in good fun with the Indy vid.  :aok

I must agree, with that sword, you could make "bad guy" Shish Kabobs. :D

Could you see the look on the police officers face when they came to the house   :O

<S>
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 01:57:55 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2008, 01:56:56 PM »
Last I read crime was much higher in England than in the US per capita. Gun and non gun. If you dig enough I think you'll find that most crimes involving a gun in the US... the gun is not registered or legal.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2008, 04:12:37 PM »
Ahhh the sweet pinnacle of ignorance :D

May I suggest picking up a history book in the not so distant future. Right now your contending with Miss Teen South Carolina's speech.

Due clue us all in oh master of history. And whats Miss Teen South Carolina got to do with it?

You must like to tickle us with the potential of your vast intellect when you post your one liners Vulcan. One day just spread your wings, write a whole paragraph, and try and make a point.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2008, 05:43:29 PM »
Last I read crime was much higher in England than in the US per capita. Gun and non gun.

Incorrect. 

(I'm only posting and pointing it out because the comment was made about England and is not related to the US....I hope this is allowed)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2008, 07:28:50 PM »
well thats just because our lovely and brave Stacy would beat the intruder about the head and neck region with your recently, commencing at the sound of the breaking glass, poop filled diaper!

YOU WUSSY!!!!!!

loves to the FAMILY Brother

FLOTSOM

P.S. Our Knives are sharp:O  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

:rofl  you know it brother

:salute

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2008, 08:19:12 PM »
I don't own a hand gun, my choice. I have no problem with those that do. Frankly I have never been confronted by an anti gun promoter. I really don't think there is that many anti-gun enthusiast.

i expect alot of them are dead
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2008, 08:43:44 PM »
*sigh*

People just don't get it. They argue about whether the latest gun control scheme will increase or decrease crime 2%, or other such stats which I will freely admit are irrelevant to me.

I consider Liberty an end in itself. If they are allowed to slap all kinds of regulations or ban outright something so many enjoy as an innocuous hobby, then what CAN'T they do on some sort of trumped-up social utilitarian reason?

Like I say, the "regulator" types pass their legislation and it fails to deliver Utopia, so they stay in their negative feedback loop and write another regulation. The phrase "I keep cutting and cutting and it is STILL too short." come to mind. Better yet, "I keep pulling back on the stick and it STILL keeps spinning".
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 08:48:11 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2008, 08:44:39 PM »
Due clue us all in oh master of history. And whats Miss Teen South Carolina got to do with it?

You must like to tickle us with the potential of your vast intellect when you post your one liners Vulcan. One day just spread your wings, write a whole paragraph, and try and make a point.

Please please tell me you're not thats stupid?

Ok, you are. Here's a couple of clues, google Miss Teen South Carolina "speech", and then google Chinese revolution. Come back to me with the stunning results.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »
i was being a dork. i think guns are great, i was just looking at MTNMAN's wishing i could do that.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2008, 08:47:31 PM »
Last I read crime was much higher in England than in the US per capita. Gun and non gun. If you dig enough I think you'll find that most crimes involving a gun in the US... the gun is not registered or legal.

Incorrect. The thing with comparing crime rates is quite often the worse the true crime rate the lower the reported crimes, and in countries with low crime rates there is a higher rate of reporting for more minor offences. Look at gun murder rates as true example, in the USA you're 29 times that of NZ - and NZ still has a relatively high gun ownership level (especially compared to the UK), forgot what it was vs the UK.