Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 2043 times)

Offline Money

• Copper Member
Holidays
« on: November 23, 2008, 06:42:31 PM »
Is the difficulty logging in tonight and indication of the service we can expect over the holidays?

I tried for 20 minutes to log into the Orange arena.  During that time, I watched all the resources open in other arenas going to waste.

When I started to log in...
EW 12/350
MW 63/350
Orange 305/200
Blue 147/250
AvA 0/200
SE1 33/650
SE2 0/650
SE3 0/650

Twenty minutes later...
EW 11/350
MW 64/350
Orange 288/300
Blue 152/250
AvA 0/200
SE1 33/650
SE2 0/650
SE3 0/650

Pathetic customer service.  Prime time and people are dropping off because it is a pain in the (_*_) to log in.  I realize we only pay a few bucks a month, but for Christ's sake, you guys have been running this thing for years and still can't do anything on your end to make this easier on players.  everything requires the player to adjust to lazy fat business practices.

Your arena is to full?  "Pick a different arena"  fly with people you don't know or on a terrain you don't like.
Sides are unbalanced?  "Switch to another side"
Want to fly your favorite plane?  "Sorry, env says ewe can't at the moment", "Read other options above"

Being the only decent WWII era Flight Comabt sim for the past years is the only thing that keeps this thing afloat.  It could last longer and have larger participation if people didn't have to contend with a company resting on their laurels.  I'm not asking for a new grphics engine, different planes, new content, etc..  I just want to be able to get to the existing content quickly, have fun, and log out!

Ewe can take that to the bank!

Money

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
Re: Holidays
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 06:57:06 PM »
First IN
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline halo342

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 06:59:05 PM »
Oh my God, what has the Internet evolved itself into? :huh

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 07:01:19 PM »
This has been discussed many many times, and this is no way to approach this problem.  It is best not to bring this to the Bulletin Boards.
If you have a problem or troubles it is best to contact Skuzzy by email at 'support@hitechcreations.com' (I think that is the one, am I right?).

Skuzzy I am most likely breaking the 'Do no act as a back seat moderator' here; simply trying to help, sorry if I stepped over that line, won't happen again hopefully. :)
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 07:02:42 PM »
Here's a clue for yah, cupcake.....go to the Blue arena.

See..that wasn't hard.  :D

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline watanna

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 07:21:31 PM »

this is a little out of charter for me but if my squad is in the org and I can't get in I don't want to go to the blue arena.  That being said I have a suggestion as to where to place your cupcake.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 07:23:16 PM »
Is the difficulty logging in tonight and indication of the service we can expect over the holidays?

I tried for 20 minutes to log into the Orange arena.  During that time, I watched all the resources open in other arenas going to waste.

When I started to log in...
EW 12/350
MW 63/350
Orange 305/200
Blue 147/250
AvA 0/200
SE1 33/650
SE2 0/650
SE3 0/650

Twenty minutes later...
EW 11/350
MW 64/350
Orange 288/300
Blue 152/250
AvA 0/200
SE1 33/650
SE2 0/650
SE3 0/650

Pathetic customer service.  Prime time and people are dropping off because it is a pain in the (_*_) to log in.  I realize we only pay a few bucks a month, but for Christ's sake, you guys have been running this thing for years and still can't do anything on your end to make this easier on players.  everything requires the player to adjust to lazy fat business practices.

Your arena is to full?  "Pick a different arena"  fly with people you don't know or on a terrain you don't like.
Sides are unbalanced?  "Switch to another side"
Want to fly your favorite plane?  "Sorry, env says ewe can't at the moment", "Read other options above"

Being the only decent WWII era Flight Comabt sim for the past years is the only thing that keeps this thing afloat.  It could last longer and have larger participation if people didn't have to contend with a company resting on their laurels.  I'm not asking for a new grphics engine, different planes, new content, etc..  I just want to be able to get to the existing content quickly, have fun, and log out!

Ewe can take that to the bank!

Money

All of those things are there intentionally for good costumer service. And they work pretty well.

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 07:23:51 PM »
This has been discussed many many times, and this is no way to approach this problem.  It is best not to bring this to the Bulletin Boards.
If you have a problem or troubles it is best to contact Skuzzy by email at 'support@hitechcreations.com' (I think that is the one, am I right?).

Skuzzy I am most likely breaking the 'Do no act as a back seat moderator' here; simply trying to help, sorry if I stepped over that line, won't happen again hopefully. :)

This is for gneral discussion is it not?  Or should it read "warm fuzzy general discussion posts only?"

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 07:27:12 PM »

Wow, see the "easy button" reply works.......

To bad the same philosophy isn't used with customer service features......

I see ewe'r cup cake and raise you a nanny boo boo

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 07:28:55 PM »

:rofl back to OP. i agree to some degree that soemthing has to be done; but as 1701E said, there is no simple fix to this. sure, we could rattle off many many fixes, but its simple enough to let HTC do what they can fit into their schedule. Sometimes people just have to make unexpected changes, no?
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 07:29:02 PM »
Wow, see the "easy button" reply works.......

To bad the same philosophy isn't used with customer service features......
Actually, it is, because that's exactly what the floating arena caps are there to get you to do; go to the other arena. It's so one LWA doesn't become crowded while the other is empty, which would inevitably happen and be 10x worse than the situation you have now.

Same thing with ENY; it's to get you to switch, or fly a 'worse' aircraft. Like it or not, it's a game, so there has to be some balancing mechanisms.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 07:39:12 PM »
I know this is aggrevating, but as others have posted already it is in place to keep the majority of players happy.

It would be less responsible if they made the arena caps wide open and allowed one arena to get overcrowded thus making a titanic tuesday everyday and the other arena to allow you to here the crickets chirping. Same for the eny, how great would the fights be if every sortie you got ganged by 10 spixteens or typhies because there was nothing in place to urge you to switch sides or fly harder aircraft.

My suggestion is for you to ask why these are in place rather than accusing HT of laziness. My understanding is that these systems were created over a period of time through trial and error and that indicates anything but laziness and poor business practices.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline panzerr

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 07:40:20 PM »
I usually log in around what may or may not be prime time (~6:00 PM Eastern) and have never had to wait more than a minute or 2.  It will be interesting to see how this thread turns out..... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:44:01 PM by panzerr »
Total aggravation since Tour 48...
Panzerr in game.

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 07:44:25 PM »
I know this is aggrevating, but as others have posted already it is in place to keep the majority of players happy.

It would be less responsible if they made the arena caps wide open and allowed one arena to get overcrowded thus making a titanic tuesday everyday and the other arena to allow you to here the crickets chirping. Same for the eny, how great would the fights be if every sortie you got ganged by 10 spixteens or typhies because there was nothing in place to urge you to switch sides or fly harder aircraft.

My suggestion is for you to ask why these are in place rather than accusing HT of laziness. My understanding is that these systems were created over a period of time through trial and error and that indicates anything but laziness and poor business practices.

This isn't my first rodeo here on these subjects, but since you brought it up, what is the problem with Titanic Tuesdays?  Appears to me there is always a fight to be found and side balance is controlled with the age old response of "switch sides".  Also, it is EASY to log in that night during prime hours.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 07:46:24 PM »
I don't understand why people could possibly like Titanic Tuesdays. There are constant gargantuan hordes and having that amount of players in the same place causes tons of lag and other bugs. It's gotten to the point where my squad is changing it's squad night (it's been Tuesday since before TT started).
HTC split up the arenas for a reason...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:47:59 PM by Motherland »