Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Holidays
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2008, 10:56:37 PM »
I took a poll, slapped it upside the BBs here and the information fell out like candy from a pinyata.

But I digress.  My final point on the subject.......

If our login habits are any indication as to what the customer's desires are, it is obvious MOST want in the arena with the most players/fun.  If not, why is one arena maxed all the time and the other filled with those who got tired of the same old BS responses and gave up questioning?   I mean 3 special event areans 2 that have nothing going on?  an AvA arena where maybe 2 guys and a few shade accounts live?  Up the arena caps a tad and it would help a ton.  I still hate the "happy medium" of two arenas, but can live with it IF I can get in the one I desire.  The holidays are here!!!!!

Since when is the most populous arena the one that offers the most fun? Define your idea of what fun is. If fun means running with and hiding within a horde, then maybe the arena with the largest crowd is what you want.

It terms of game play, the Orange Arena is the Meca for noobs. Thus, one can always find a mob of them doing something silly. On the other hand, the less populous Blue Arena usually demonstrates less pack mentality. That means less hordes and better fights.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2008, 12:19:26 AM »
(one more little clue...this small company with the customer service that you talk so bad about....will generally take your phone calls and give you answers to many of your questions. I suggest you call between 10am and 5pm CST.)

Stop straining my eyes.  I have bad enough eyes as it is.

On topic:
  HiTech has explained why they split the arenas on many occasions.  Please contact anyone of the HTC staff, if you are this concerned about it.
Many things are factored into the arena caps, it's not simply "Oh hey look 900 people want in Orange, open it up for them!".  Sever limits, latency and other such things factor in.  Think about Titanic Tuesday, there are glitches, bugs and lag like you wouldn't believe due to the amount of players on one server (or so I have heard this is the reason).
  I would suggest this thread either die or calm down into a more suitable and acceptable chat.

Again Skuzzy sorry for breaking a possible rule; just playing peacekeeper here.  Maybe I can just get a years pardon? :)
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline CJ nitro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 12:33:07 AM »
Looks like another that gets tired of paying for a busy signal. That stuff about blue arena being where the less hording goes on is really a lame reason to go in there on purpose. I thought the same thing and tried that a few times myself. I found no real fight at all going on until the number of people increases to around 80 per chess piece. Then you can actually find some one in the air instead of playing aces low. I feel the same way about the arena caps. Raise them to meet the same number as the other arenas at least around peek times for the different time zones or something. This has been brought up a lot here on the bbs and the same old canned answers from the phanbois will always be the same and the op will always be the one who is labeled wrong for voicing a problem. It all comes down to the greater good man. Email htc over this subject. All you're going to get in here over caps, eny, and those subjects is a headache man. Oh and happy thanksgiving everyone its almost here!

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2008, 04:14:47 AM »
Geez, you think just maybe that HTC knows this and that there just might be another reason for doing things the way they do???

Once again, I offer you a clue rake (they are cheap...get one of you own :))......use the SEARCH function. Answers to all of your questions are readily available via that function. :)

(one more little clue...this small company with the customer service that you talk so bad about....will generally take your phone calls and give you answers to many of your questions. I suggest you call between 10am and 5pm CST.)

Please don't do this again.  I had to get the wife to read it to me.  My old eyes, even with glasses, couldn't make it out.   :)

On topic:
  HiTech has explained why they split the arenas on many occasions.  Please contact anyone of the HTC staff, if you are this concerned about it.
Many things are factored into the arena caps, it's not simply "Oh hey look 900 people want in Orange, open it up for them!".  Sever limits, latency and other such things factor in.  Think about Titanic Tuesday, there are glitches, bugs and lag like you wouldn't believe due to the amount of players on one server (or so I have heard this is the reason).
  I would suggest this thread either die or calm down into a more suitable and acceptable chat.

Again Skuzzy sorry for breaking a possible rule; just playing peacekeeper here.  Maybe I can just get a years pardon? :)

See what you started. :devil

Fred
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:21:51 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2008, 05:32:24 AM »

Someone should mention their Constitutional Right to go to the arena they want to when they want to.  After all, it is their Fifty cents that's being wasted.

I wonder if junkies complain to their dealers as much when they can't get what they want when they want it.

And, furthermore,

From the bottom of my heart, I apologize that you couldn't get your way and if you would like, PM me in game and I will give my spot in the full arena, if I am in that arena gladly to you.

wrongway

(happy holidays, get off the computer and spend some time with family)
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 07:47:03 AM »
Twenty minutes later...
EW 11/350
MW 64/350
Orange 288/300
Blue 152/250
AvA 0/200
SE1 33/650
SE2 0/650
SE3 0/650

And your problem with this is????

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2008, 08:31:12 AM »
I took a poll, slapped it upside the BBs here and the information fell out like candy from a pinyata.

But I digress.  My final point on the subject.......

If our login habits are any indication as to what the customer's desires are, it is obvious MOST want in the arena with the most players/fun.  If not, why is one arena maxed all the time and the other filled with those who got tired of the same old BS responses and gave up questioning?

See, this proves you havn't a clue as to how things work. The two late war arena caps are "dynamically linked" as the population in one arena increases it opens more space in THE OTHER ARENA. This is used to insure that BOTH arena populations increase some what evenly. HTC has said that 500 is about the MAX population for an arena due to how the health/game play deteriorates. So if he set the two late war arenas to 500, and 550 people wanted in you get one full arena, and a second with 50 people in it. Those 50 people aren't having fun, not enough people. So by linking the arenas you have about 275 people (it does fluctuate due to the number of people loggin in and out all the time) in each arena, making it more fun for most people. 

I mean 3 special event areans 2 that have nothing going on?  an AvA arena where maybe 2 guys and a few shade accounts live? 

the other arenas have nothing to do with the MAINS. This is NOT a hardware issue where HTC is running out of server space. My guess is they could run 25 arenas with 500 people in each if they had the people.

Up the arena caps a tad and it would help a ton. 

You can't up the arenas any other way and still keep it fair and fun for the majority of the people. This week we have you complaining about caps. If HTC were to put it back to a hard cap of 500, and you where one of the 501-550 people to login each night he would STILL have you here complaining (that he did things YOUR way), but you would be joined by the other 50 or so people complaining about not being able to get into the other arena.

I still hate the "happy medium" of two arenas, but can live with it IF I can get in the one I desire. 

Whats the big deal with Orange anyway? I logged into there because one of my squadies was there last night and it sucked! Knights were hitting one base with 4- 1 numbers advantage ( and STILL didn't get the base). Fights sucked due to the heavy cherry picking. Bish where hitting undefended bases up north. I upped a pony only to kill 1 of the first 6 people I encounted. The other 5 lawn darted at two different bases taking out a vh and radar (such skills!) Only good fight I had was bouncing "humble" in his A20 while fighting Boner in a tiffy, while a NIK tried to cherry pick me. As a rook the fights sucked, as a Knight or Bish you'd be a horde monkey. WOW !!! sounds like the place to be!

The holidays are here!!!!! Yes, let go of the stress dude !

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 09:43:47 AM »
Just a suggestion...

Perhaps you could log into the Blue Arena and use radio V set to "Squad" and ask your Squad to join you in the Blue Arena.

It works for me and my Squad.

Just a suggestion, though.  :)  <S>
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 11:19:08 AM »
It would be less responsible if they made the arena caps wide open and allowed one arena to get overcrowded thus making a titanic tuesday everyday and the other arena to allow you to here the crickets chirping.

If that's whats going to happen then obviously the customers all want to play together in one big playground and aren't currently getting what they want. 

I feel the same frustration and there's nights I don't even log in because I don't want to fight to get into the arena that I want to fly in.

The best thing that could happen is going back to one big LWMA but with more options for side shows (WWI, Korea, Spanish Civil War, EW, MW, full weather arena (wind and night), etc.) to take some of the pressure off the LWMA voluntarily.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 11:52:59 AM »
Just a suggestion...

Perhaps you could log into the Blue Arena and use radio V set to "Squad" and ask your Squad to join you in the Blue Arena.

It works for me and my Squad.

Just a suggestion, though.  :)  <S>

While you have figured it all out some folks think the Game should be designed around themselves. I wonder how many games Money has on the market right now and how they are doing.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 12:57:13 PM »
If that's whats going to happen then obviously the customers all want to play together in one big playground and aren't currently getting what they want. 

I feel the same frustration and there's nights I don't even log in because I don't want to fight to get into the arena that I want to fly in.

The best thing that could happen is going back to one big LWMA but with more options for side shows (WWI, Korea, Spanish Civil War, EW, MW, full weather arena (wind and night), etc.) to take some of the pressure off the LWMA voluntarily.

personally bald I don't think that is the way it is. I think they would be logging into the big arena because there is no one in the smaller one and chosing the lesser of the 2 evils (big overcrowded arena over the listening to crickets chirp)

I definitely don't think the best thing would be to go back to one big late war. Personally I think the game play on titanic tuesday is far worse than any other day including the weekends during summer when all the squeakers are out of school.

I guess it is hard for any person to see what is the best for everyone when they have their own opinion (that is anyone you, me,the OP)
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2008, 01:20:50 PM »

Help is one click away.....:D http://www.phonemerchants.com/tvmagnifier.html

Sever limits, latency and other such things factor in. 

Actually, they don't. HT has stated numerous times that the issues that created the need for the arena changes were not hardware related...they were "social".

How about this instead of small text?  :devil

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 01:21:32 PM »
Folks, the intent of my post was to point out that options do exist and that it is up to the players to exercise those options. Perhaps some players do not know how to exercise those options and this is why I mentioned the ability to cross talk the Arenas utilizing the Radio V Squad feature.

Should an individual player not wish to communicate with his/her Squad utilizing the features built into the communications system in Aces High, nor wish to ask his/her Squad to meet him/her in a different arena whilst utilizing the system established is an individual decision by that player, and not a fault of HTC.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 02:05:14 PM »
Help is one click away.....:D http://www.phonemerchants.com/tvmagnifier.html

Actually, they don't. HT has stated numerous times that the issues that created the need for the arena changes were not hardware related...they were "social".

How about this instead of small text?  :devil

Fine you evil person, you.  Go ahead and torment my eyes. :P

Also, if it is not hardware related, why is it that Titanic Tuesday is so darn laggy?
Not doubting anyone, just curious is all. :)
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 02:14:06 PM »

this is a little out of charter for me but if my squad is in the org and I can't get in I don't want to go to the blue arena.  That being said I have a suggestion as to where to place your cupcake.

How about asking your squadron to join you in the Blue Arena?  Simple solution to a simple problem for a simple mind.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song