Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica  (Read 5115 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Battlestar Galactica
« on: December 12, 2008, 04:00:42 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else watches this show?  I know it sounds like a ridiculously nerdy show but it really isn't.  It won me over a long time ago so now I have to tell everyone that BSG is my favorite show haha.

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 04:02:07 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else watches this show?  I know it sounds like a ridiculously nerdy show but it really isn't.  It won me over a long time ago so now I have to tell everyone that BSG is my favorite show haha.

Can't wait for the last 10 episodes.  Also, did you know that the green light was given for the prequel spinoff, Caprica? Might be good...
"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 04:05:48 PM »
love this show have the entire thing on dvd along with the additional movies!

waiting for the 16? of january for the final episodes to air!

its one of my favorites as well

FLOTSOM

p.s. this similairity in likes by no means is to be translated into a want to take warm showers on a cool afternoon with you nor does it mean im hoping to be indoctrinated as a member into the AmaziHunks!

FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 04:10:04 PM »
I'm just happy StarBuck is a female now!   :rock

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 04:13:21 PM »
I'm just happy StarBuck is a female now!   :rock

so now at least you dont feel so bad about the fantasies you were having about starbuck, right?

doesnt change the fact that your fantasies started when bucky was a guy!!!!!

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 04:21:33 PM »
love this show have the entire thing on dvd along with the additional movies!

waiting for the 16? of january for the final episodes to air!

its one of my favorites as well

FLOTSOM

p.s. this similairity in likes by no means is to be translated into a want to take warm showers on a cool afternoon with you nor does it mean im hoping to be indoctrinated as a member into the AmaziHunks!

Haha Flotsom, AmazinHunks isn't a gay club...it's a brotherhood!   :noid Pillow fight at 4 o clock if you are interested.

As for Battlestar, I thought season 3 was relatively weak compared to the other seasons.  I feel that Ronald D Moore and gang had only enough concrete plot for 9-10 episodes and had to fill the rest, and the filling wasn't that great.  I think they could have extended the New Caprica setting out at least 2-3 more episodes before the rescue then cut out some very pointless episodes.  In general I guess I didn't appreciate the effort in the actual storytelling in S3.  S4.0 was a little better and ended amazingly hunky and I can't wait for the final 10 episodes. 

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 04:23:56 PM »
I watched the original years a go.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 04:30:19 PM »
Haha Flotsom, AmazinHunks isn't a gay club...it's a brotherhood!   :noid Pillow fight at 4 o clock if you are interested.

As for Battlestar, I thought season 3 was relatively weak compared to the other seasons.  I feel that Ronald D Moore and gang had only enough concrete plot for 9-10 episodes and had to fill the rest, and the filling wasn't that great.  I think they could have extended the New Caprica setting out at least 2-3 more episodes before the rescue then cut out some very pointless episodes.  In general I guess I didn't appreciate the effort in the actual storytelling in S3.  S4.0 was a little better and ended amazingly hunky and I can't wait for the final 10 episodes. 

We believe you about the Amazing Hunks, unfortunately Mr. Estrada needs more convincing....

ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 04:32:50 PM »
You're a silly silly man sir!!! 

FLOTSOM
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 04:36:52 PM »

actually during season 3 the powers that be demanded a rewrite of all the stories already compiled because they were afraid that the audience would lose interest. they demanded that the stories be cut down into single segment stories instead of having the continuous flow of one long story line like it had been for seasons 1 and 2. the complaints of the cast and creators of BSG and the complaints of the fans of the new way of telling the story is what allowed for the change over in the season 4 episodes. but this revamping of the revamped story is why it was not completely written prior to the writers strike and why only half of the episodes were ready for the season.

breaking it down to a single story happening in a single episode broke the flow of the original story line allowing it to become diluted and lost as a side project to the mixed up and nonconforming stories being told.

the benefits of buying the DVDs is the additional stuff like interviews and discussions that go with it.

FLOTSOM

p.s. at 4:00? why so early? i cant possibly get fitted in my best teddy and plump up all the pillows so early in the afternoon! how about changing the time to 6:00ish?
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 04:40:36 PM »

i enjoy it a lot, although i have trouble being home when it's on.

i prefered farscape though.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 04:48:43 PM »
i enjoy it a lot, although i have trouble being home when it's on.

i prefered farscape though.  :D

CAP DUDE!!!

we had to have been friends in a former life!!

loved farscape! when they took it off the air i pretty much gave up on SciFi until BSG appeared!

i think it was the show that took space exploration scifi to newer levels of story telling and away from the we must save the world in every episode. it had the stink of the original star trec back without the over dramatic i must be a hero type of acting that was so predominant in the series.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline pxdig

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 04:54:50 PM »
I absolutey love he show, I have all of the DVDs and I have been on pins and needles waiting for the final half season :aok

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 04:59:21 PM »
actually during season 3 the powers that be demanded a rewrite of all the stories already compiled because they were afraid that the audience would lose interest. they demanded that the stories be cut down into single segment stories instead of having the continuous flow of one long story line like it had been for seasons 1 and 2. the complaints of the cast and creators of BSG and the complaints of the fans of the new way of telling the story is what allowed for the change over in the season 4 episodes. but this revamping of the revamped story is why it was not completely written prior to the writers strike and why only half of the episodes were ready for the season.

I have S1 and S2/2.5 on DVD but I haven't bought S3, I guess I am displeased with S3 enough to not buy it.  I didn't know that SciFi made them change the plot format.  That's ridiculous. 

Whether it be television, music, or anything creative, whenever somebody is asked or forced to compromise their artistic integrity, it's always with the intent of making more money and almost ALWAYS, the product suffers.  In this day in age, it is more prevalent then ever before.   

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 05:14:36 PM »
Just started season 3 last week, just finished epi. 4.  I've loved this series since the first 2 hour movie.  Hell, I enjoyed the original series as a kid.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo