Author Topic: Spying  (Read 12000 times)

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Re: Spying
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2008, 01:42:13 PM »
Chess piece allegiance is for the weak.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2008, 01:47:10 PM »
The issue I am addressing is how you seem to be concerned with RT when you know absolutely nothing about them. 
I wonder the same question about wingnutt and the 68's.

Let me add that wingnutt and Bmw are both great individuals that I enjoy flying with and of course I'm going to defend my wingies.

But feel free to join our missions. We won't accuse you of spying. But bring written permission.

Bmw is one of the few guys there that I like, im sure wingnutt is cool too.

Ill be sure to have legal documents ready next time I join one. :lol

Im in the 68's FSO squad so I to will defend my wingies.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:50:03 PM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2008, 01:55:40 PM »

im sure wingnutt is cool too.

the force is strong in this one.
 :noid

EDIT: wait I thought he said NOT cool..

maybe force not so strong.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2008, 02:47:30 PM »
I've flown several times with 68Dummy and I have to say he does fight for the side he is on. I would be surprised if he turned out to be spying. Just my humble opinion of him.

I have been known to accipurposely give out info on where I am and what alt...........

dummy is no spy. he fights like a bastage to defend whatever's under attack, just as hard dfuring an attack, and it doesn't matter what chess piece he;s fighting for. he gives it everythign he has.

he's a good guy.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2008, 02:56:57 PM »
dummy is no spy. he fights like a bastage to defend whatever's under attack, just as hard dfuring an attack, and it doesn't matter what chess piece he;s fighting for. he gives it everythign he has.

he's a good guy.

Ohhh shut up ya SAPP dweeb.....  :P
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2008, 03:33:23 PM »
please dont eliminate the NOE attacks. Nothing gets the blood pumping more than coming across a horde of low cons.
Its not rocket science to tell when a mass horde is coming and usually you can tell where its going ( desirable high alt fields, zone bases in particular) or even jump points to start rolling the map. Ill be the first to scout out any feilds blinking that have no reason to (gv spawns..etc). Most of the time when you encounter them a distnance out, your assured a good number up to defend.
Keep em coming!!!
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2008, 05:01:53 PM »
Ohhh shut up ya SAPP dweeb.....  :P

:D I'LL WEAR THAT "DWEEB" TITLE WITH PRIDE.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2008, 05:23:24 PM »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2008, 05:28:04 PM »
yup NOE raids are fun :D

http://www.lumbergh.aquiss.com/ah/ah_films/typhie%20NOE%20intercept%209k.ahf

i still don't see why anyone has problems with them. they start fights. isn't that the point? start a good fihgt?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2008, 05:55:47 PM »
i still don't see why anyone has problems with them. they start fights. isn't that the point? start a good fihgt?

No, no, it's win the war at all costs!! Fights are just to keep the furballers out of the way. If resistance is encountered move the attack to a differant base. Secracy is the key shhhh, don't tell anyone where we are.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2008, 06:57:42 PM »
The problem with NOE's are they are over used. Some squads only do NOEs. These are the squads that give an NOE a bad name so to speak.

An NOE raid ...if done correctly is very hard to defend against. Once the base starts flashing you have less than 3 minutes to get up and defend. IF 3 guys are set to de-ack they can do it in two passes and then the base is capped. The rest take down the town and watch the goon come in. Piece of cake.

How ever, today its THE plan to use, why? because most people don't want to fight over a base...which is the reason there IS base capture in this game in the first place, to create a reason to FIGHT! Not wanting to fight gives these NOE squads a bad name because they fail on their attempt, and then run off to some other un-defended base. Wingnut mentioned how 3 LAs up and do nothing but hunt for the goon. The solution isn't running an NOE to an un defended base, its putting the goon out of reach! If the goon comes in at 10k how many defenders are going to get that high? NONE !! Can anybody tell me the speed with which you can rip the wings off of a goon in a dive? First, most most likely don't know a goon can go faster than that 250 or so they get on the deck, but I've never ripped the wings off a goon and have been over 500 in them.

Too many people look for the easy way, and its the biggest reason "game play" is so much worst than it use to be. No one wants to learn what the planes can do, how to fight, how to bomb, how to sneak up and fight from a GV WITHOUT spawn camping, how to put together missions that involve something other than getting a group of 110s and running NOE and hopping to have it clear when the goon gets there. I'd be willing to bet there isn't more than 5 % of the people flying today that knows how to set a way point in the mission planner let alone what the heck it is !

Spying??? who cares! Its not like your mission was any big deal anyway! Just another NOE busted, and you had to fight....sorrrrrryyy! Bomb a hidden CV?? no problem, it shouldn't be hidden in the first place. It's a mobile base, use it to attack more fields! I'll broad cast any CV I think someone is hidding. They are there to be used!! You don't want to loose it, DEFEND IT !!!

Everything in this game is geared toward one thing.....fighting !!! Whether its fighting plane to plane, plane to GV, base to base, or for the whole map, thats what its about... fighting!!! So get out there and fight !! Don't hide the CV and STOP the fighting, bring it in and fight!!! Make the other team FIGHT to get it back! Don't run away if your NOE fails, re-group, up in wings and FIGHT !! If you don't want to fight anyone go buy your self Flightsim X and run hops from one airfield to another.... I hear nobody shoots at you in that game!

Offline truck5co

• Zinc Member
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2008, 07:11:47 PM »
Personally I dont think the spying thing is right, dont particularly care for it but can see how others would do it. Seems like a form of cheating to me. I guess its fair to spy in real life wars so why not here? Unless of course your a democrat then things like spying and waterboarding etc is considered unsportsmanlike. Maybe we should have a feature or rule that says if you switch countries you have to stay switched for 30 days or so. Would keep guys from doing it too often. The other day I had a guy (demondog) all fired up and accusing me of being a spy because I moved a task group ( CV was dead ) closer to a base we were trying to take so maybe we could spawn lvts on shore and still accomplish the mission. Apparently he wanted the cv, or what was left of it, somewhere else but didnt bother moving it himself. So I became a spy, he was ranting and PMing me like a lunatic. Funny thing is I've been a nit since I joined this game a couple of years ago and was probably a nit when I played the first time around so a guy whos only played for 1 country ever is a spy. And Im not even in a squad, Go figure. Too bad we cant all just sit back and enjoy the game,
                             ESU

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2008, 11:46:18 PM »
man, I am surprised that "double spy" dedalos has not commented yet.this is right up his forte

signed:
SECRET AGENT MAN  :devil

Well, I waited and waited for some one to mention Agent so I could bring all of you in but it did not happen and then got busy at work.  Don't worry.  Give it a day or two and a new thread will start  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2008, 02:15:19 AM »
See Rule #6

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2008, 07:47:24 AM »
30 guys beaten by 2 or 3 suicidal people..

Try as I might, I just can't muster any sympathy for people on the big end of 15-1 odds.

- oldman