Author Topic: Who should die in a collision  (Read 2242 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Who should die in a collision
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2008, 04:43:12 PM »
Why is it that whenever it is the other person's fault for the collision, I die? I hardly ever win collisions. What do I need to do to win?

Don't collide? Move your plane? Have somewhat of a grasp of how the model works.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 04:44:44 PM by grizz441 »

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2008, 04:44:14 PM »
Don't collide?

True....However, I found through a little research that if you strike the other plane with your tail first, then you usually win. Does that ring true for anyone else?
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2008, 04:45:35 PM »
Why is it that whenever it is the other person's fault for the collision, I die? I hardly ever win collisions. What do I need to do to win?
YOU NEED TO NOT HIT THE OTHER AIRCRAFT ON YOUR COMPUTER. THEN YOU CAN'T/WON'T DIE FROM A COLLISION THAT HAPPENED ON YOUR COMPUTER. WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET SEE AND AVOID. NO CONTACT ON YOUR MACHINE, NO COLLISION FOR YOU.

:rolleyes: :D :aok

AM I yelling loud enough yet?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2008, 04:47:36 PM »
If 2 planes collide, then they both should die. Why should one plane get the benefit over another because of connection issues (which no one has control over). I've never collided with someone 100'-300' away. Both planes die is simple and straight forward.

Do you ever think before you post?

4 planes in a 1 on 1.

Look at the pics provided.  2 planes in one picture colliding (that players FE) and 2 planes in the other 100' apart (that players FE).  (in other words 4 planes in a 1 on 1)

Just because 2 of 'em collided doesn't mean the other 2 did as well.

(and i'm not the one failing to "get it" so I get to play the high and mighty "Think before you post" card kiddo)

(edit: and I know he's just trolling Cap1.  nobody can be that dumb)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 04:50:40 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2008, 04:48:21 PM »
When numties collide see 24's posts. :aok
See Rule #4

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2008, 04:49:30 PM »
True....However, I found through a little research that if you strike the other plane with your tail first, then you usually win. Does that ring true for anyone else?

Yes.  If I'm scissoring or braking or whatever....I'm slowing down.  The guy behind me crashes into my tail.  Odds are, he's going to incur more damage than me.  He will hit me on his screen BEFORE it registers collision on my screen due to latency.  If he flies completely through me, we will probably both die since my computer will probably register this action as well.

How is this a good example of being a collision martyr? Come up with a better example where it isn't 100% your fault like you say happens to you all the time.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »
4 planes in a 1 on 1.

Look at the pics provided.  2 planes in one picture colliding (that players FE) and 2 planes in the other 100' apart (that players FE).

Just because 2 of 'em collided doesn't mean the other 2 did as well.

(and i'm not the one failing to "get it" so I get to play the high and mighty "Think before you post" card kiddo)

Sorry I didnt understand.

I'm sick of the veteran players treating the new players (like myself) like trash. Your elitist attitude and your ego should go elsewhere. No wonder new subscriptions are suffering.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2008, 04:50:46 PM »

First, you need to throw away the concept of "winning" or "losing" a collision. There is no such thing. There is no way to win a collision - if it happens on your screen, you take damage. If he didn't take any, there was no collision on his screen.

Again, if "both go down" you would start to die from "collisions" that never happened on your screen at all. See the pocs again. Enemy pony flies by at 100' or more distance and *poof* - You have collided! - That would happen when "both go down". Ramming would really work, as it would never fail to hurt you opponent. And the rammed one could hardly dodge what we can't even see.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 04:53:53 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2008, 04:51:15 PM »
Yes.  If I'm scissoring or braking or whatever....I'm slowing down.  The guy behind me crashes into my tail.  Odds are, he's going to incur more damage than me.  He will hit me on his screen BEFORE it registers collision on my screen due to latency.  If he flies completely through me, we will probably both die since my computer will probably register this action as well.

How is this a good example of being a collision martyr? Come up with a better example where it isn't 100% your fault like you say happens to you all the time.

What about stray bombers in a formation magically warping into my airplane? Ever had that happen?
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2008, 04:53:07 PM »

I'm sick of the veteran players treating the new players (like myself) like trash. Your elitist attitude and your ego should go elsewhere. No wonder new subscriptions are suffering.

Uhh... that's a pretty weak troll there 24 (even for you).

And you are hardly a "new" player.

How about your petty trolling, constant trouble making and 6 year old thread bumps go elsewhere instead?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2008, 04:53:45 PM »
What about stray bombers in a formation magically warping into my airplane? Ever had that happen?

That's an entirely different issue.  And a rare one at that.  Drones do warp sometimes when the main bomber is making a turn.  Although I would have to say a drone warping directly into me for a collision has probably happened once or twice in thousands of hours of flight time.  Not really an issue, try again.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2008, 04:56:31 PM »

no one's treating you like trash. this subject has come up many many times. it does take a bit to understand it. bronk ans lusche have explained it with pictures and everything.....in at least 3 threads that i remember.

untill a couple weeks ago, i "kinda" got it.

then i had a collision with a zeek, in which the lightbulb lit up, and i got it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2008, 04:59:43 PM »
Uhh... that's a pretty weak troll there 24 (even for you).

And you are hardly a "new" player.

How about your petty trolling, constant trouble making and 6 year old thread bumps go elsewhere instead?

Trouble making? I'm all about improving our community. I think a close community is a strong community. This has been my mission all along. I love to have productive debates that end in a real resolution. The Rolling Thunder vs. Joker's thread got out of hand. I had no part in any bashing or anything like that. I just merely wanted a constructive debate about who was the better overall squad.

As far as the P51H thread, I was looking at footage of it on Youtube and wikipedia. I searched for it on the forums and found a thread about it. I didn't look at the date, I just posted out of excitement. Sorry, that I'm so passionate about this game and community. Sorry that I try to make this game competitve again. You have really managed to tear down my ILAC sign and I'm going to have a hard time building it back up.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2008, 05:16:12 PM »
ILAC?

International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation?
Institute for Latin American Concern?
International Lhasa Apso Congress?
Institutional Learning and Change?
Instructional Leadership and Academic Curriculum?
In-Line Amplifier Card?
International Association of Lactation Consultants?

or do you mean 'I am Loveable and Capable.'?

— George Patton

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2008, 05:17:22 PM »

or do you mean 'I am Loveable and Capable.'?

Yes exactly. I'm Loving And Caring

Everyone wears an invisible ILAC sign that can be torn down by insults and put downs from others. It can be rebuilt by compliments and good deeds.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 05:18:55 PM by TwentyFo »
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***