Author Topic: AvA Suggestions  (Read 4764 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: AvA Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 12:10:57 PM »
Historical plane sets period and ditch the "unwritten" abusive rules.

Have you ever flown in the AvA? If not then why come in here making "suggestions" when you dont even know what the hell goes on in there? Seems like you're just another krusty.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 12:15:08 PM »
Saw Krusty in the AVA Sunday evening. He was doing great in the P-47D11.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 12:18:01 PM »

Have you ever flown in the AvA? If not then why come in here making "suggestions" when you dont even know what the hell goes on in there? Seems like you're just another krusty.

I'm pretty sure (from another post) he is avoiding the AvA BECAUSE of the "unwritten" rules. The image of the AvA doesn't require a single sortie flown to gain knowledge of.

And when recruiting, image is everything. The reality is there are only a few on the Committee for the Enforcement of Imaginary Regulations but their vociferous nature makes the image much worse.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 12:19:57 PM »

Because I would like to, but I'm not gonna let you or anyone else other than HT make up the rules so I don't and that comes through pretty loud and clear in these posts that if you fly A v A fly it my way.
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 12:24:12 PM »
I turn off icons now and again for a change - gives the other guy a better chance :)

the range used to be 3k on enemy planes, guess its back up to the default now
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 12:24:32 PM »
Wow, we can't have a thread in the AvA forum without it turning into a purse fight, huh?

The topic was suggestions for improving the AvA.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 12:38:40 PM »
Wow, we can't have a thread in the AvA forum without it turning into a purse fight, huh?

The topic was suggestions for improving the AvA.

Apparently not, as Larry pointed out still trying to retain his grip on the kingdom
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 12:49:52 PM »
Combat Tour please  :D
I second that!  :aok :aok

Problem with no Icon is the game graphics are not good enough to distinguish Friend from Foe, Allied from Axis without being practically on top of the target.

Was a time way back before AHII, and I think in AHI where you could tell the model plane from a 4 color sprite, and that is way beyond the 10k or 6k normal icon range.  If they re-introduced that, then yeah I'd be all for no icons.  Otherwise just turn them off on your end and pray for the best.
 :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 12:53:34 PM »
Yeah I should have taken people's different computer situations into consideration. I know mine isn't that great, and I could just turn icons off...you're right. I forgot who mentioned it but I'd like to see some planesets where we have just two or three planes at a time aswell. May introduce new planes to people.
I don't think there's any doubt amoung us the AvA has the most potential out of all the arenas
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 12:55:12 PM »
The absolute best thing for the AvA, is if everyone would check their personalities/issues/vendettas as the door.  I swear by the forums we sound like a bunch of old women with too much time on our hands.
P-47 pilot

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 12:57:28 PM »
**shakes her cane at Republic**
The absolute best thing for the AvA, is if everyone would check their personalities/issues/vendettas as the door.  I swear by the forums we sound like a bunch of old women with too much time on our hands.
You mind your elder's sonny, or I'll tell your pa when he gets home!

:rofl :rofl :rofl
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 12:57:36 PM »
I would love a new icon system that neutralized the limitations of a computer while preserving the realism of no icons.

It could be done but I don't think it is a priority at all.

An old Warbirds player that was also a F15E backseater (-dobs-) came up with some excellent ideas for a new icon system that would have been really nice to see coded somewhere.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 12:57:57 PM »

I agree, another suggestion  had was get rid of kill messages alltogeather. That way people would be less inclined to seek out revenge on someone they don't like. I personally could care less who i shoot down/who shoots me down. I'm just there to have fun.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 01:02:33 PM »
I agree, another suggestion  had was get rid of kill messages alltogeather. That way people would be less inclined to seek out revenge on someone they don't like. I personally could care less who i shoot down/who shoots me down. I'm just there to have fun.

That they can do and have in the past. One other would be disable all non country chat and make it so you can only .s enemy. A great one, IMO, would be to make it so to post on this forum you would need at least one sortie in the AvA that month. It would stop all these guys that have an opinion on how the arena should be run when they have zero sorties in the arena for months.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 01:07:09 PM »
I agree, another suggestion  had was get rid of kill messages alltogeather. That way people would be less inclined to seek out revenge on someone they don't like. I personally could care less who i shoot down/who shoots me down. I'm just there to have fun.

I'd be all for that. The fight is much better when you don't get kill messages. Its a nice feature of special events.