Author Topic: AvA Suggestions  (Read 4736 times)

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
Re: AvA Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2008, 05:44:51 PM »
Trust me , Dawger won't be at 25K very long. Why, just the other day I was able to entice him off the perch and a fun fight broke out ;)

(was a fun fight Dawger)

When most of the action is happening around 5K, the high guys will always come down, ya just gotta use the right bait.

cheers,

RTR

What goes up must come down.....eventually.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2008, 07:20:10 PM »
I fail to see why the AvA should become a social labratory.  Other than the planesets, I don't think anything should be different than in the other arenas we pay for.

meh, you guys want to increase numbers - stop limiting stuff other than planesets. historically the biggest issue "holding back" MAers from frequenting the AvA is....

wait for it.....

it's coming....

DAR settings and reduced icon ranges.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2008, 07:30:38 PM »
Suggestion: Turn the killed and killed by messages back on.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2008, 07:34:58 PM »
Suggestion: Turn the killed and killed by messages back on.

aww give it the day or 2 the experiment needs.   :aok

I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2008, 07:46:20 PM »
yea its an experiment lets see how it works
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2008, 09:34:30 PM »
aww give it the day or 2 the experiment needs.   :aok

Yeah...  Give it a week.

Well, maybe turn on the "Landed X kills" ...maybe?  The gamers need some sort of reward and that'd still be anonymous with very little animosity toward the gamer landing.  And the other gamers could offer <S> like in the olde daze.
 :salute

AA courtesy of Shifty  ;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:36:14 PM by Odee »
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2008, 11:02:22 PM »
I think for now it either needs to be no kill messages and we can talk amoungest countries or kill messages but no cross-country communications until people start to settle down
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2008, 12:16:31 AM »
I think for now it either needs to be no kill messages and we can talk amoungest countries or kill messages but no cross-country communications until people start to settle down
I'm not saying add kill messages, just that I saw a pilot land kills and the message came across in CM Gold "Player X landed 4 kills in a BF-109F" or something on that order.  I had no idea it could be set to show how many you landed and not show who you killed.

Unless some schmuck with CM powers typed it in as CM?

:noid
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2008, 07:29:54 AM »
Kill notices-- are nice but it doesnt matter. makes it easier to salute people but it also keeps whines to a minimum. I can live with it either way.

i would suggest turning off the scoring. scoring is what causes people to get crazy (in my opinion). they want to get bigger better and faster planes. so my suggestion is to turn off scoring and take the perks off everything. its all free to try and play with. just my 2 cents.

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2008, 07:39:25 AM »
I dunno, the Player has landed X kills is more vanity than anything else.  I could take it or leave it.

I would like to see kill messages back.  I fought a few fellows last night in furballs and there was no way to tell which aircraft was which, and one of them was a great fight.  Well...that and I shot Larry down and I really really wanted to see "You shot Larry down"   :)  At least turn them back on the next setup so I can maybe one day see "You shot VWE down"....maybe.

Plus, I've begun to think no kill messages might lead to less to gooberness with anonymity.
P-47 pilot

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2008, 07:41:21 AM »

I disagree.  Settings should be the same as the other arenas.  Leave special event stuff in special events.  It's easy enough to check film to see who killed who, but requires a logout in order to do so.

Repeat after me (and it applies to more than just AH):  One cannot legislate "morality."

Players are as players do.  Case in point: I was enjoying the 1 V 1's last night for a while, people were leaving them alone. I killed the same guy several times.  No words at all were exchanged.  Then, while engaging in yet another 1 v 1, this guy felt compelled to get a cheap revenge kill and try to pick me, claiming he never fired, but conveniently ignoring the fact that I had 2 planes on me I had to respond to, allowing the 1st to get the kill he wasn't going to get otherwise.

I'll give you one guess which squad this guy belonged to.  :noid

He never even manned up for his motivations in doing what he did after I called him on it (film knows all sees all) - and instead of his squaddies giving him a smack upside the head, they felt compelled to defend him because *I* was giving him a smack upside the head.  Who it was didn't surprise me at all.

I said I'd post the films and screenies, and I may yet do so - just waiting for an appropriate moment to highlight the irony.  :aok

aside to jaeg: If you don't want the pot stirred, don't light the fire.  :aok

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2008, 07:45:13 AM »
Sigh...and here it goes again.
P-47 pilot

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2008, 07:46:16 AM »

Plus, I've begun to think no kill messages might lead to less to gooberness with anonymity.

bzzzzttt...dweebish players just *think* they can get away being even more dweebish with a false sense of anonymity.  Gotta love film.     :aok

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2008, 07:48:47 AM »
Sigh...and here it goes again.

Take a step back and ask... hmm who started what?  And why? 

Physician - heal thyself.

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2008, 07:52:34 AM »
What did I do now?  lol
Physician - heal thyself.

What have I done now?  lol
P-47 pilot