Author Topic: AvA Suggestions  (Read 4774 times)

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Re: AvA Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 01:21:08 PM »
 :noid
I agree, another suggestion  had was get rid of kill messages alltogeather. That way people would be less inclined to seek out revenge on someone they don't like. I personally could care less who i shoot down/who shoots me down. I'm just there to have fun.
I have always wondered about the validity of "You have been shot down by <name>".  If your plane is shot down and/or pilot killed, why would you care who it was that killed you?  I mean, after that, you'd be flying a cloud if you're lucky.

Why not just put a box in settings to auto <S> your kills and leave out who killed you?  This would make it it near total anonymous and be a step in leaving the ego behind.

Maybe?

:noid
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 01:23:46 PM »
Kill messages is an arena setting. Why not turn them off?

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 01:25:09 PM »
Kill messages is an arena setting. Why not turn them off?
I like my idea better  :uhoh
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 01:28:27 PM »
Anyway.....

My suggestion list.

Planesets derived from specific WWII battles for 2 weeks at a time with appropriate map

Shorter icon distance. 1 mile enemy id is plenty.

No Kill messages

No ack at all. I hate all robots even if they can't shoot well. I don't worry about vultching because I up from far away to climb to 25K anyway.

I'm sure there is other stuff but I'll wait to post it another time

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 01:29:28 PM »
I like my idea better  :uhoh

Its a good idea but years of dealing with arena settings and trying to get new code has taught me to go for the possible instead of the ideal.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 01:34:37 PM »
so now you want us to play by your unwritten rules and regs. 25k or better, icons off that sort of thing??

ideally id like everyone to get along but possibly most of us could get along!   :D

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 01:36:26 PM »
so now you want us to play by your unwritten rules and regs. 25k or better, icons off that sort of thing??

ideally id like everyone to get along but possibly most of us could get along!   :D

Now you are just being silly.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 01:38:18 PM »
Now you are just being silly.

Jaeger is right tho
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2008, 01:39:20 PM »

He didn't say that he expected everyone to fly at 25K. He said he would be at 25K. The title of this thread is AVA Suggestions, he's just giving his. Seems if you're intent on everyone getting along you'd try yourself.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2008, 02:09:26 PM »
i would love to get along with him. then again i dont know him. im sure if i met him in person, i probably would. i can get a better feel for a person in real life then what someone writes in a post on a bbs. most people in here have a tendancy to hide behind their computers. they say what they want because "they can" or because its "their US$14.95/C$16.03" and rightfully so.

However its not the real person. i dont think any of those posts are real. i think its a game of "im bigger, badder, and more powerful then you!" because of "A" personalities and because they're not face to face.

i think if we were all in the same room it would be, Hey Larry, or so you're the Infamous Jaeger! or hey shifty, great to meet you finally!! but we're not.

instead we make our opinions known. we say stuff thats mean or bad because no one is watching or will say to you "hey man be cool!" or something to that effect. then of course theres always the ever popular JG54 is this and JG54 is that!!  so this is what we're left with.

back to the point, would i like to get along with him yes!! if hes on range, am i going to start on him? absolutely not! I only show respect to all that i meet or i squelch if i dont like them. I'm sure he's a nice guy and we would get along!

I've learned that if you dont like someone, dont respond to them. dont say things to make them mad. dont say things just to get a reaction. just be nice!!

This forum is so we can help make the AVA or the MA's or the FSO's a better place. so lets do that. lets make it a better place! we can start by keeping personal feelings out of it. Be cordial or even professional to each other. talk to other's like you would talk to your grandmother.

alot of the comments would not be made if grandma was sitting right there. so if you wont do it infront of her, dont do it.

thats my suggestion to the AVA. thanks for listening!  :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:31:03 PM by captain1ma »

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2008, 02:57:36 PM »
Larry I think the idea of no cross country chat is a good one too
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2008, 03:55:45 PM »
He didn't say that he expected everyone to fly at 25K. He said he would be at 25K. The title of this thread is AVA Suggestions, he's just giving his. Seems if you're intent on everyone getting along you'd try yourself.

Spot on Shifty.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2008, 05:09:39 PM »
Trust me , Dawger won't be at 25K very long. Why, just the other day I was able to entice him off the perch and a fun fight broke out ;)

(was a fun fight Dawger)

When most of the action is happening around 5K, the high guys will always come down, ya just gotta use the right bait.

cheers,

RTR
The Damned

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2008, 05:12:41 PM »
i would love to get along with him. then again i dont know him. im sure if i met him in person, i probably would. i can get a better feel for a person in real life then what someone writes in a post on a bbs. most people in here have a tendancy to hide behind their computers. they say what they want because "they can" or because its "their US$14.95/C$16.03" and rightfully so.

However its not the real person. i dont think any of those posts are real. i think its a game of "im bigger, badder, and more powerful then you!" because of "A" personalities and because they're not face to face.

i think if we were all in the same room it would be, Hey Larry, or so you're the Infamous Jaeger! or hey shifty, great to meet you finally!! but we're not.

instead we make our opinions known. we say stuff thats mean or bad because no one is watching or will say to you "hey man be cool!" or something to that effect. then of course theres always the ever popular JG54 is this and JG54 is that!!  so this is what we're left with.

back to the point, would i like to get along with him yes!! if hes on range, am i going to start on him? absolutely not! I only show respect to all that i meet or i squelch if i dont like them. I'm sure he's a nice guy and we would get along!

I've learned that if you dont like someone, dont respond to them. dont say things to make them mad. dont say things just to get a reaction. just be nice!!

This forum is so we can help make the AVA or the MA's or the FSO's a better place. so lets do that. lets make it a better place! we can start by keeping personal feelings out of it. Be cordial or even professional to each other. talk to other's like you would talk to your grandmother.

alot of the comments would not be made if grandma was sitting right there. so if you wont do it infront of her, dont do it.

thats my suggestion to the AVA. thanks for listening!  :)

I dunno Jaeger. In cartoon land I get to steal TK's kills. Well....I gues I could steal his beer in RL! Yay me!

RTR
The Damned

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2008, 05:35:42 PM »
I dunno Jaeger. In cartoon land I get to steal TK's kills. Well....I gues I could steal his beer in RL! Yay me!

RTR

I dont drink beer so  :P.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner