Author Topic: Bristol Beaufighter  (Read 201083 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Bristol Beaufighter
« Reply #1125 on: July 21, 2020, 06:52:57 PM »
Arlo I do apologize for being gruff about the subject.  Now that you know the differences between the Mossie and the Beau I'm sure you will agree as I said in a previous post comparing the two was like comparing apples to oranges.

Again it is not like me to get "snooty" I do apologize.  That's what happens when you get 70 years of age and become a babysitter for your grandchildren.  One is in College the other three are 13 years of age and younger.  I love to see them when they come, and just as glad when they leave  ;)

Understood. Apologies back. I, personally, don't see more additions coming. I could be wrong and seeing the Beau wouldn't disappoint me (as all other other potentials I mentioned). At the same time, I'm happy with AH the way it is .... except for the loss of activity.

Offline Majors

• Copper Member
« Reply #1126 on: September 26, 2020, 11:01:55 AM »
Hi Mate

Don't think anyone is listening.

Cheers

Majors
249RAF (Ret)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1127 on: September 26, 2020, 11:24:59 AM »

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1128 on: January 20, 2022, 07:09:17 PM »
OK.............we started this crusade what.........12 years ago?

I guess the chance of adding the Beau no longer is an option.

Pity.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1129 on: January 22, 2022, 06:00:45 AM »
OK.............we started this crusade what.........12 years ago?

I guess the chance of adding the Beau no longer is an option.

Pity.

Never say die. This is now tradition.  :cool: :cheers:

(Also ..... Sparviero!)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1130 on: January 22, 2022, 09:49:10 AM »
Never say die. This is now tradition.  :cool: :cheers:

(Also ..... Sparviero!)

Sparviero!!  The Hunchback.  Italian AF Bomber.  Good choice Arlo!  (But first, the Beaufighter please.)
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1131 on: January 22, 2022, 10:34:03 AM »
No to the Beau.

Yes to multiple Beau's!

If hitech gets around to adding the Beau, I'm hoping she's not some kind of hybrid gal, like the F4F is/was.  F4F-3 had longer range and, if I recall correctly, was more durable; while the F4F-4 allowed for more to be carried (folding wings) and had 6 guns.  I don't recall our hybrid having any difference between them other than one had 4 guns and the other had 6. :headscratch:

Either way, if we get the Beau, I'm hoping it's not a "one size fits all" type gal.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1132 on: January 22, 2022, 01:01:27 PM »
Our Wildcat is more of an F4F-4/FM-1 hybrid. The FM-1 was essentially a lighter four gun F4F-4 built by GM but was nowhere near as light as the F4F-3.

If we ever get an AH Beaufighter logically it would be the Mk X and maybe the earlier Mk VI as well. The later variant was heavier, had more powerful engines, centimetric radar and belt rather than drum fed cannons. The two marks couldn't be merged as AH can't change engine power or armour on a single variant. The Mk X could be merged with the Aussie Mk 21 though, this had four 0.5 inch guns in the wings instead of six 0.303 inch guns and carried US HVAR rockets instead of the British RP-3 rockets.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 01:03:07 PM by Greebo »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1133 on: January 23, 2022, 06:22:40 AM »
I think there is more chance of 10000 people in the Melee area than ever seeing that fly in AcesHigh. :old:
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho