Author Topic: Respect - Honor - Fair Play  (Read 9224 times)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Respect - Honor - Fair Play
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2009, 10:43:22 AM »
Your point is well taken...but I don't think it reflects the character of individual players as much as what was bound to occur when you have 350+ in an arena...especially a small map...

You use terms like "herd" but in a large plane encounter only a small percentage are probably tuned to each other...but green planes help green planes and attack red planes...i think it is that simple...and when there are lots of planes then the 1 v 1's, 2 v 2's disappear....

This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts!! Why would a person WANT to be the 15th or 20th guy in on a fight? To me, if I see a squad hitting a base I might do a bit of an end around and pork the bases behind the one the squad is hitting to help them out, it also has the advantage of pulling numbers away from their fight to defend against me, AND starts another fight !

Yesterday rooks were getting hammered in orange. We started out defending our main island then took the port on the north tip, then the cv, then on to A24. Numbers were relatively even, the fights were good for the most part.... did have some guys thinking running to ack was more important than fighting...but then the Bish horde gets together. I have no idea of the numbers, but I didn't both aiming in the WW I was in, I just held the trigger down and racked the sky. I got 3 before ghi dive bombed me in a B26 (another lame move). They captured a couple of bases, then jumped to the Knight front and ran off 5 or 6 more captures to win the war. The rest of the night was down hill from there.... cap numbers all a mess... people complaining about hordes... even saw a few congratulating each other for getting all those perks for winning the war !  LOL!!!

I don't understand some of this. How much fun is it really if your the 16th guy in on a base capture mission.... towns flat, vh is down, no GVs, vulch lite is lite but nobodys upping and heaven forbid you drop your bombs on the field !!! Wheres the fun in that? In a 3 on 1 fight yesterday, and ALL THREE HAD TOO GO FOR THE HO ! why? Am I such a big threat ?? I even ask the guy who killed me...on his 3rd pass why the HOs, he never answered, I'm think he was embarrassed... at least I hope he was. Maybe one thing leads to another.... you fly in the horde, so you MUST take every shot you can get, even a HO because you have to beat the rest of the horde to the kill.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2009, 11:15:37 AM »
Psst....The Knights say it's the Rook/Bish horde against the Knights.

Yeah right, I have never seen anyone from the knits complain about that.......

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »
Some of the "Better Sticks" in the game that can kick butt in 1v1's  are often the 3rd or 4th guy on the lone con..
Some of the  better sticks in this game are the ones to blame for the suckage that goes on.  They spend as much time pissing people off as the newbies do.  The difference is the newbies are ignorant of the dweebness....If the good sticks are doing it why learn any differant....

The good sticks are more guilty of the kill still... and the gang than any noob in the MA...

The good sticks are the ones that are always there picking you when your in the rolling scissors with someone.....

The good sticks never break off and let you have a 1v1.....

The Ma Sucks because of the Good sticks just as much as the noobs.  You all dont hold your self's to any higher standard than the newbs.....

I would like to tell you that it blows my mind that the good sticks come in here and rant about honor and respect..... I say BS  you liars......

Shut up or I will just start posting videos of the lameness....

I can remember the list of good sticks that show respect in this game and this list is real short............

Its because of players like Urchin that I have respect for, that I have learned respect for others in this game... Because of him and those like him I know its ok to lets someone have a 1v1.  I know its ok to let a smoking 205 that just kicked prettythang to land with his 3 victories...and the list goes on....

<S>  FireDrgn

"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2009, 11:33:48 AM »
Some of the "Better Sticks" in the game that can kick butt in 1v1's  are often the 3rd or 4th guy on the lone con..
Some of the  better sticks in this game are the ones to blame for the suckage that goes on.  They spend as much time pissing people off as the newbies do.  The difference is the newbies are ignorant of the dweebness....If the good sticks are doing it why learn any differant....

The good sticks are more guilty of the kill still... and the gang than any noob in the MA...

The good sticks are the ones that are always there picking you when your in the rolling scissors with someone.....

The good sticks never break off and let you have a 1v1.....

The Ma Sucks because of the Good sticks just as much as the noobs.  You all dont hold your self's to any higher standard than the newbs.....

I would like to tell you that it blows my mind that the good sticks come in here and rant about honor and respect..... I say BS  you liars......

Shut up or I will just start posting videos of the lameness....

I can remember the list of good sticks that show respect in this game and this list is real short............

Its because of players like Urchin that I have respect for, that I have learned respect for others in this game... Because of him and those like him I know its ok to lets someone have a 1v1.  I know its ok to let a smoking 205 that just kicked uncle to land with his 3 victories...and the list goes on....

<S>  FireDrgn

:aok

I saw last night someone landed 25 kills in a 51D, you cant tell me that guy didnt pick them kills and probably stole a few.....   :rofl

But your spot on.......

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2009, 11:45:02 AM »
Can't count the number of times, even when limited numbers of both sides around, that a friendly swooped in to HO the guy I worked to get on his 6.  Makes ya wana go out and HO everything red just to get kills.  If you want kills, and that want the game is about, you have to play dirty most of the time even against your own countrymen.  ie. Was in a fight with a F4u and me in a p-38 ended on the deck in the stall.  I was using every bit of my limited skill to stay on his 6 and take shots where I could and at that point I was out of cannon.  I did have enough to down this enemy bird...last enemy around for all I know.  Fight went on for awhile and it was fun.  Only one friendly around and he was 4k away the last I knew.  I wasn't asking for help and didn't want any...win, lose or draw I was having fun.  Next thing I heard was a screaming engine and my kill MY KILL I worked so hard for go POOOF and I get an asst.  Why didn't the friendly ask if I wanted help WHY WHY WHY?  ie. Yesterday a squadie and I where messing around where we saw a small enemy dar.  Found a b-25h medimun alt no threat to our base as of yet.  So I goto set-up the slash attack because I don't want a damaged plane if I can help it.  Hear a friendly on local say "OOhhh a b-25"  My reply was "I am on it" and squadie says "DuHasst is going to take care of it"  So whats the friendly do?????   He goes straight in on the b-25's 6 and fires away.  I get an asst and friendly gets a damaged plane...hahaha.  And there are many more stories like that of mine and I am sure everyone has one or 10 or 100.  In a furball it's just that a furball every man for himself.  Just piss poor sportsmanship.  Or even those guys that go out and straff gv's during a gv battle...I don't target flaks when they apprear just so they shoot those guys down.  

I like this type of conversation:
Knight pilot:  There's a panzer under me...NOW!"
Duhasst: "I see him"
Knight Pilot "Here i'll straff him for you"
Duhasst "No need I am firing at him"

Then the knight pilot straffs him 3-4 times gaining the kill.  WHY WHY WHY I ask.

Knight Pilot "Hey a flak just upped"
Duhasst "Go get him...hehehe"

Duhasst<----making a list of knights I will not help unless it's to clear thier 12!

Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2009, 11:49:57 AM »
Yeah right, I have never seen anyone from the knits complain about that.......
LOL all the bloody time.

Ohh and rooks say "ZOMG the bish and nits aren't fighting each other !!!111one eleven!!11!.".

See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2009, 11:53:10 AM »

I like this type of conversation:
Knight pilot:  There's a panzer under me...NOW!"
Duhasst: "I see him"
Knight Pilot "Here i'll straff him for you"
Duhasst "No need I am firing at him"

Then the knight pilot straffs him 3-4 times gaining the kill.  WHY WHY WHY I ask.

Knight Pilot "Hey a flak just upped"
Duhasst "Go get him...hehehe"

Duhasst<----making a list of knights I will not help unless it's to clear thier 12!

Try flying a hurri D.. when ords and gv hanger down... 110s thinking they are doing something. :mad:
See Rule #4

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2009, 12:08:20 PM »
:aok

I saw last night someone landed 25 kills in a 51D, you cant tell me that guy didnt pick them kills and probably stole a few.....   :rofl

Easily possible to get 25 kills without stealing kills, If youre flynig a p51. Now if he got 100+ in a p40b, then you start wondering :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2009, 12:14:02 PM »
[begin hijack]

ya know one way that would aid in defeating the horde mentality, is if only the first person to hit a plane with a bullet can get the credit for the kill.

so if 5 or 6 planes jump on an enemy plane only the first person to hit it with a bullet (even without any type structural or integrity effecting damage) gets the kill if the plane gets shot down. once the enemy has been hit the first time the rest of the score hores now know it is worthless to them to get involved because they cant get credit for the kill no matter what they do. if there is 10 guys chasing one plane the odds of getting the kill are so astronomical there is just no sense in bothering to join. once they see that some one else has already hit the enemy most will break off knowing the pursuit is pointless for them.

this would also aid in putting an end to kill steeling, if a plane is going down because someone else shot off its wing already well you can shoot it as many times as you like but it wont matter you cant get the kill. so most people wont bother.

now some may say "well then you will have people shooting at a plane scoring a hit on it then running away cause even if someone else shoots it down they will still get the credit for it" well this may not be the actual case.

because you have just fired on someone, someone who may not like the idea of being shot at, leaving him alive leaves you open the very likely possibility that that person will come after you if you turn your back to him.

additionally if you get shot down or land before the enemy plane crashes then you obviously get nothing for it. so again failing to finnish the job is no guarantee of getting any pay off from the effort.

or even better, just turn off kill shooter. the guys in the front of the conga line will pull off quickly if they see the tracers from the jerk offs behind them flying over their canopies.

this will also help stop the jack offs from clearing your 12 oclock. if they jump between you and your target then they risk getting shot in the arse. too bad for them.

[end hijack]

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2009, 12:17:37 PM »
[begin hijack]

ya know one way that would aid in defeating the horde mentality, is if only the first person to hit a plane with a bullet can get the credit for the kill.

FLOTSOM

So in a furball a guy zipps through pinging a bunch. Then he flies back and waits for his kills?
See Rule #4

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2009, 12:19:12 PM »
So in a furball a guy zipps through pinging a bunch. Then he flies back and waits for his kills?

sounds like a good idea to me  :noid
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2009, 12:22:48 PM »
now some may say "well then you will have people shooting at a plane scoring a hit on it then running away cause even if someone else shoots it down they will still get the credit for it" well this may not be the actual case.
FLOTSOM

This is what they are doing, they get the ping and someone else finishes them off. 
What they should do is only give the kill to the guy that actually gives the death blow.  You see it all the time where people ping gv's, or another plane and someone else shoots you and you die but the first guy gets the kill, I get more assists than kills even though I finish the guy off.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2009, 12:27:01 PM »
The kill is awarded to who does the most damage.  It has zip, zero, nada to do when it was hit.  I can take a wing off an ac if anyone follows it down firing till it goes poof....they usually get the kill.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:40:02 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2009, 12:36:09 PM »
^ the worst is for 30+mm single hub guns. one tater ping to send them floating down is almost never enough to get credit when a two week hero bravely swoops in and kindly stops them hitting the ground with a stream of lead.

I dont bother to bail usualy, but if someone is about to steal the kill on me i hit enter three times
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2009, 01:02:39 PM »

do you ever bother to completely read a post and understand it before you run your mouth?

as i stated above, first off he has to ping them before anyone else has hit them, then he has to get away without any one of those (or others) he pinged chasing him down and killing him, then he needs to go sit somewhere being very bored and hoping that others will finish his work for him.

these do not sound like very productive or fun strategies to me. maybe a few will try them.

no matter what you do you are going to find losers trying to game the game. all you can hope for is to make it difficult, generally boring and unproductive to those who try.

This is what they are doing, they get the ping and someone else finishes them off. 
What they should do is only give the kill to the guy that actually gives the death blow.  You see it all the time where people ping gv's, or another plane and someone else shoots you and you die but the first guy gets the kill, I get more assists than kills even though I finish the guy off.

i have fired on what i believed to be an uninjured enemy plane (i had been the first in the area to engage it) and made it explode in mid air and still only received an assist, at other times i have taken the wing or tail off an enemy and watched someone else chase it to the ground shooting at it, he recieved the kill while i had gotten the assist.

but then while engaged against an enemy in a low turn fight i have had a different enemy plane tumble past me (it actually fell behind me) after it had been shot up by my wingman KILLSOM. even though i never fired a shot at it, i received a kill for it. that made no sense to me or to my wingman who had shot it to pieces but received only an assist. best we could come up with was that i had hit it earlier in the engagement and didnt realize that i had wounded it.

it just seams to me that if you hit an enemy first then others are less likely to bother to jump into the fight knowing they cant get the kill no matter what they do. they are less likely to interfere if there is no possible gratification for their efforts.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr