Author Topic: 2 weeker rule.  (Read 943 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
2 weeker rule.
« on: January 20, 2009, 03:24:27 PM »
Maybe alot of the controversial "shade account" arguments could be solved by restricting 2 week free accounts to playing in the training and dueling arenas.

It may also cut down on the amount of "how do I fly" etc. questions that seem to permeate the Main arenas.

May also encourage those 2 weekers to actually sign on to see what they are missing in the Mains.

Just sayin.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 03:26:07 PM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: 2 weeker rule.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 03:28:28 PM »
Been requested before a few times, and I won't agree or disagree, I'll just point out that if they're locked into arenas they don't want to be in for 2 weeks, and don't get a taste "of the real thing" -- will they really choose to subscribe after that point?

There's a good chance that would hurt HTC's income.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 03:43:24 PM »
Then maybe try the 1st week in the TA and DA only, second week in the mains.

Either way I don't think it would hurt sales.

Most business wouldn't give a "trial" user the full benifits that a paying member would have anyway.

I think most people would expect to receive a "taste" only.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 05:03:39 PM »
Or, and I'm just floating an idea here, we could try *actually* not giving a rat's gonads about score instead of just saying that we don't, and let HTC handle obvious cheating.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 05:50:37 PM »
So is this an "anti-shade account" wish

or

a "newb's stupid questions are annoying" wish?

:D

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 07:26:49 PM »
Yea i would also like to add that the directions in the "Make your GameID" section at the begining should be in laymans terms so we dont get any more nubers dudes. (I get killed by the all the time).
Strokes

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 08:31:15 PM »
I actually found someone who knows how to use PMs but didn't know what kill shooter is..  im taking off and i hear BOOOM!  then I get a PM, "i shot you and I exploded, lame"

"jug has tail guns"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 08:36:08 PM »
Or, and I'm just floating an idea here, we could try *actually* not giving a rat's gonads about score instead of just saying that we don't, and let HTC handle obvious cheating.

:rofl  Straight for the jugular, again. :aok
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 02:30:12 PM »
I actually found someone who knows how to use PMs but didn't know what kill shooter is..  im taking off and i hear BOOOM!  then I get a PM, "i shot you and I exploded, lame"

"jug has tail guns"

:rofl :rofl
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
Wont make a difference there, Pacerr and SHawk pay for their shades.............  :lol
So is this an "anti-shade account" wish

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline WarTooth

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 05:26:25 PM »
Pacerr and SHawk pay for their shades

Yep, stats in the competitive sense are meaningless in this game.

Perhaps stats are most practical\useful for personal growth and the like.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 08:40:29 AM »
Yep, stats in the competitive sense are meaningless in this game.

Perhaps stats are most practical\useful for personal growth and the like.

:aok  Apart from seeing how good I really am (honest-flying-rank-wise) as compared to someone who games the game for the #1 spot, I use my stats to check things like hit percentage and kills per plane-type.  Just to see what I need to work on.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 11:04:44 AM »
Then maybe try the 1st week in the TA and DA only, second week in the mains.

Either way I don't think it would hurt sales.

Most business wouldn't give a "trial" user the full benifits that a paying member would have anyway.

I think most people would expect to receive a "taste" only.

Are you kidding me? The main arena is what got me"hooked on crack". Why would you even care if someone has a "shade acct"? l

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:06:27 AM by drdeathx »
See Rule #6

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 01:07:10 PM »
I think the 2-week trial should be left just the way it it.

Why?

Aces High isn't a game that receives a lot of attention, nor is it very well known outside of a limited group of people who are interested in World War II aviation.  Because of this, when updates etc are released, they're unlikely to be publicised or reviewed on the big gaming forums/magazines etc, which AFAIK is where most people would go if they're thinking of getting a new game.

This is speculation on my part though, however I still think it makes sense.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 02:34:46 PM »
Hello 1boner,

I would have never made it through the two week trial had this been implemented.  I understand your motivations are honorable, but it was the action in the MA that hooked me.  Just think, if I would have never joined, you and I would have never had that Pony vs. LA brawl on the deck.  What if some other "diamond in the rough" pilot quits because they find the two week trial to be lame?  You and I might miss out on future awesome dogfight opponents.  I do not want that to happen.  So I say no to this idea.

<Salute>
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!