Author Topic: Land Grabbing  (Read 5036 times)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Re: Land Grabbing
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2009, 10:03:30 AM »
He was talking crap to me all night too, and IIRC the score against his bombers was TJ-8, TwentyFo-0

And my favorite..

(Image removed from quote.)

lol...... I meant to say that I'm the 2nd best bomber gunner.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2009, 11:09:05 AM »
Here's the thing Grizz i do go out and fight by myself quite often and yes it is fun however not something i could do all the time.
I prefer the thinking and Strategy as opposed to single 1 v1 combat, yes it is fun, but my whole existence on this game could not be about that.

I have no problem with you furballers out there. I enjoy immensely the fights the gettting owned and owning that goes on, i just could never give someone crap because they don't play my way.

Example the "Pony Dweeb" the one i have the most contempt for. But at the end of the day it's his 15 bucks and if it's so important to him to never engage and pick all day so be it.

I say play and let play my fun is hangin with my squadies a real good group of guys we enjoy all aspects of the game GV'ing bombing capturing and Furballing. not the best at any 1 but competent at all and that makes it fun.

So i say to all you out there maybe tolerance would be something you should all practice, for the game would'nt be better if it changed we need all aspects to make it what it is.

:rock :salute

Ditto. I would consider my self more of land grabber than anything else. However, that can get old. So a couple of days ago I went out on a fighter sweep by myself. Got into 3 different 1 vs 1s and came out on top in all 3. I have the film. Granted that is unusual for me. Still though, It was fun fun fun. I can't do that all the time. There is just way too much to do in the game. I like to GV, jabo, capture and defend bases. Every now and then I enjoy a good bomb run.

Let me add that if all of one country furballed you'd be down to 3 bases in short order. And if all everyone did was furball then you would only need 3 uncapturable bases. If I recall wasn't there a post about an online flight sim that only had furballing and now they no longer exist.

Addendum: I played a first person shooter game online for all of 30 seconds. As soon as you spawned in you were dead. Like 10 people just waiting for you to spawn. No strategy at all. That is what would happen if we only had a furball game.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:36:52 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2009, 11:30:54 AM »
I agree with you guys.This game would be lame really fast with only one aspect played.I may suck at air combat but I play all of it and that what holds my interest.I have had great fights defending and going for captures.It is really rewarding to get a capture with a good defense going on.If ya just wanna furball that is fine-it is your money but you are missing out on alot of good gameplay.There is nothing more fun that getting together with my squad an planning a good strategy to capture a field.Or we find a big dar and go for a fighter sweep.There has been a many of fun fights at a spawn war with wet,wonder rondar dr7 and other great tankers
been there destroyed that

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2009, 11:43:02 AM »
He was talking crap to me all night too, and IIRC the score against his bombers was TJ-8, TwentyFo-0

And my favorite..

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl Being the best buff gunner in the game is like admiting you wear speedo's at the beach. Nobody cares about the package your sportin cause we all know it's a pair of socks.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2009, 11:49:22 AM »

:rofl Being the best buff gunner in the game is like admiting you wear speedo's at the beach. Nobody cares about the package your sportin cause we all know it's a pair of socks.

That was the point BigPlay.

Most people here don't seem to get jokes even if it slapped them in the face. I think it is hilarious that someone (ME) would claim to be 2nd best at anything.

Once again....to the AH community lighten up. You guys take this game far too seriously. It's a game and don't be so uptight. The notion of honor in any video game is comical. I just try to have fun.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2009, 12:03:20 PM »
Let me add that if all of one country furballed you'd be down to 3 bases in short order. And if all everyone did was furball then you would only need 3 uncapturable bases.

Nothing wrong with that. Don't need but one base. Lot of fun fighting in fighters.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2009, 12:07:44 PM »
That was the point BigPlay.

Most people here don't seem to get jokes even if it slapped them in the face. I think it is hilarious that someone (ME) would claim to be 2nd best at anything.

Once again....to the AH community lighten up. You guys take this game far too seriously. It's a game and don't be so uptight. The notion of honor in any video game is comical. I just try to have fun.

:rofl I totally agree. Way too many serious folks in here. I almost get as much fun outta ruffling some of these guys feathers then I do playin the game.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2009, 12:56:58 PM »
Nothing wrong with that. Don't need but one base. Lot of fun fighting in fighters.

You can go to DA for that.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2009, 01:28:30 PM »
No you can't.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2009, 01:32:09 PM »
The notion of honor in any video game is comical. I just try to have fun.

That your idea of fun is trolling around and generally acting like a doof speaks volumes about you in any case...you reap what you sow.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2009, 01:40:48 PM »
sounds like someone is in the wrong sqaud or does'nt want anyone to know how they really are huh BP  :rofl

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2009, 01:41:57 PM »
Now hear me out on this one.  He set out to kill ords....done.  You set out to kill him.....done (sorta, he killed himself).  But who's not to say that he had the intention of living through that little rocket run and would gladly come and fight you.  I've done it plenty before.  Yes, I have gone into a field with others 99% of the time, with the intention of shutting it down.  Now, why should I abandon my primary mission and objective to fight you first?  The guy behind me coming in to do whatever his job is counts on me to do mine and then mix it up.  Why shouldn't I proceed to my target, drop my ords and then fight you?  If I fight you with them, depending on the plane matchup, I'll definitely lose.  If I drop my ords just to fight you, well there goes what I set out to do out of the window.  Sometimes flying one of those screaming fighters with a little ordinance through ack and a group of fighters defending their base is quite fun and exciting to see if you can make it through.  It's almost like a different kind of furball for guys flying jabo missions.

Well, I'm here to say he didn't plan on surviving his bomb run. There was no guy coming behind him. I had to log, but, SOP with this kind of thing is to come back and do the vh (ord stay down longer than hangers). Then the attack could begin. BTW, very few players here could survive giving their 6 to an enemy.

The above being said, how do you figure you will toss 3 aces out of your hand and still win the hand? This guy dove from ABOVE me...not below and I see it all of the time. Its shows why I believe the win the war crap is just that...there is no penalty for dying in the MA. Just rinse and repeat until you get the result you want. Heck, I have seen squads use this tactic to win resets. My point is that the whole focus of the MA game has gone haywire. It really is disheartening.  :frown:

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2009, 01:42:39 PM »
The notion of honor in any video game is comical. I just try to have fun.

...spoken like a pre-teen.

NoBaddy (NB)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2009, 01:47:58 PM »
many kids today have no idea of honor. It is just something they read in the history books.

They always seem surprised when you say something about their family being one way or another. They don't realize since we do not know their family, that they, by their actions, are all we have to base their family type on.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2009, 02:17:52 PM »
Yes Shuff....I've seen any number of teens come through with that "this isn't real so it doesn't matter" 'tude. Only to find that there really are people on the other end that just might have an impact on their future.

NoBaddy (NB)