Author Topic: Perk it!  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Perk it!
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2009, 04:34:39 PM »
How many saw action?? You count all those that were in production at the close of the war?? AND if it so unblances game play WHY is it even in the MA and not just held for senario's (which IMO is where it belongs)

Even 1400 compared to the 109 or 190 numbers is small indeed.

The numbers argument for perking doesn't hold up.  Just look at the Ta-152, or for a less extreme example the 3-cannon La-7.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2009, 04:46:04 PM »
The numbers argument for perking doesn't hold up.  Just look at the Ta-152, or for a less extreme example the 3-cannon La-7.
:aok Yuppers
See Rule #4

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2009, 05:06:07 PM »

Well I was around when perking first began and KNOW why it began, and while numbers are not THE reason for perking a vehicle it has been bandied around for years as a reason some should be.

The Chog caused the first whine about unbalance and wanting a way to limit them, and perking was born.  Just because I don't post much doesn't mean I haven't been around for awhile.

The WW and OS are tuff for aircraft to kill in this game (without bombs) and are used in ways that were never intended when introduced IMHO and therefore (to use your words) unbalance the game and need to be perked.

I doubt that they will be but I think they should be, but then again I am of the opinion that we should all get a certain amount of perks per month and lose them if not used and ALL vehicles be perked except for a few basic planes and as your perks go down your plane choices go down (gives you a reason to not want to die in your toon plane)
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2009, 05:44:04 PM »
Well I was around when perking first began and KNOW why it began, and while numbers are not THE reason for perking a vehicle it has been bandied around for years as a reason some should be.

Rarity or numbers produced should not dictate what planes gets perked.  Not saying that you're one of them but those that cry for planes to be perked based on numbers are those that usually find themselves on the wrong end of the plane they want perked.  The current determination on whether a plane deserves to be perked on whether or not they unbalance the game play is the way to go.

So using that determination, the WW nor the Ostie deserve to be perked. 

The WW and OS are tuff for aircraft to kill in this game (without bombs) and are used in ways that were never intended when introduced IMHO and therefore (to use your words) unbalance the game and need to be perked.

No one has shown a valid reason for either GVs to be perked.  They are not tough to kill as long as you use the proper tactics.  I find it very easy to render an Ostie or a WW useless by diving on its turret and taking it out with .50 cals (if I'm in a P-38) or with the 75mm howitzer on the B-25H.  Sure, I get shot down from time to time but more often than not, I leave a smoking, useless AA GV instead.

Please show some valid reasons why any of these two GVs unbalance the game. 

I doubt that they will be but I think they should be, but then again I am of the opinion that we should all get a certain amount of perks per month and lose them if not used and ALL vehicles be perked except for a few basic planes and as your perks go down your plane choices go down (gives you a reason to not want to die in your toon plane)

The above comment is all I need to know about what kind of player you are.  You expect things to be handed to you without having to work for it and cry when it isn't.  I'm sure you also want planes like the Spitfire Mk XVI, N1K2, LA-7, P-51D, FW 190D-9 and many other planes perked because you just can't take the time to learn how to fight them.  Yep, you're just one of the lemmings.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2009, 05:55:02 PM »
You know, I decided to pull a Lusche and look up some stats.........

There may be an argument for perking the Wirble.  Last tour it had the highest K/D of any non-perked ride.

Same with this tour..... Aside from a slight K/D advantage by the ta152.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2009, 06:02:41 PM »
The number of posts you have show the type of player you are ack-ack, not sure who you think you are but I have been playing these as long as you and perhaps longer.  Your self back slapping and your HUGH post numbers in no way make you KING of the hill.  

I remember waay back when it was 6 bucks an hour to fly AW and I posted that I thought it was too much and all the fanboiz like you started telling me how it couldn't EVER be done to lower the price yada yada yada and now here we are....guess Dale didn't believe them either.

When I started playing these things it was on the Sierra network with 4 plane max with Red Baron (where by the way the AK's first started as a squad ALONG with the Pigstompers, my handle then was BigJim as it is now in the game just stuck with this boxboy thing on the bbs), I moved to AW when Finn and KESMAI brought it to the USA from Japan if I recall correctly.

So you can get off your horse about telling folks who they are or what they want, you have no right to do that whatsoever.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2009, 06:12:03 PM »
Well no one posted it yet so perk the:

spit16
LA7
N1K

Let the complaining begin.

La 7 = YES
Spit16 = Maybe
N1K = Not worthey to be Perk
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2009, 06:19:09 PM »
La 7 = YES
Spit16 = Maybe
N1K = Not worthey to be Perk
Try again. :P
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2009, 06:42:24 PM »
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2009, 06:46:15 PM »
For you young-dume bucks.  He is something on Flak Units.

http://www.ww2.dk/
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2009, 06:58:15 PM »
We ran up on a V-base in a flight of 7 or 8 jugs and after it was all said and done all hangars were down, and all the wirbles were dead and the only remaining one was turreted.

all the jugs were out of ord by now and just had guns.

long story short then wirble drove over and parked at the map room, soaked up around 18,000 5 cal rounds plus some 20mm from a spitty that was around all the aircraft in the area completely emptied their guns on it,    and it just sat there, we figured MAYBE since it had been hit so much that the hull gun was dead, so we rolled in troops.. nope.. picked em all off, and jsut remained sitting there till the first hangar popped and of course came the wirble flood and it was over (we had ord on the way but it was too late, was a long flight)

thats the only beef I have with the wirble, it cannot be tracked and the hull gun cannot be killed with MG fire..  no matter from what angle or how much of it..  granted its a tough chassis, and you shouldn't be able to pop one with a couple rounds of 50 cal..  on the extreme other hand though it shouldn't be literally immune to over 15,000 hits either...  you strafe anything from that era with that much 50 cal its going to be out of commission.. the tracks would be for sure.

that and the only place you will see a M16 now is.. nowhere.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2009, 07:06:11 PM »
We ran up on a V-base in a flight of 7 or 8 jugs and after it was all said and done all hangars were down, and all the wirbles were dead and the only remaining one was turreted.

all the jugs were out of ord by now and just had guns.

long story short then wirble drove over and parked at the map room, soaked up around 18,000 5 cal rounds plus some 20mm from a spitty that was around all the aircraft in the area completely emptied their guns on it,    and it just sat there, we figured MAYBE since it had been hit so much that the hull gun was dead, so we rolled in troops.. nope.. picked em all off, and jsut remained sitting there till the first hangar popped and of course came the wirble flood and it was over (we had ord on the way but it was too late, was a long flight)

thats the only beef I have with the wirble, it cannot be tracked and the hull gun cannot be killed with MG fire..  no matter from what angle or how much of it..  granted its a tough chassis, and you shouldn't be able to pop one with a couple rounds of 50 cal..  on the extreme other hand though it shouldn't be literally immune to over 15,000 hits either...  you strafe anything from that era with that much 50 cal its going to be out of commission.. the tracks would be for sure.

that and the only place you will see a M16 now is.. nowhere.

THANK YOU FOR STEPPING UP AND SPEAK.  This is what i and other come across.  That dam thing can take a beating like a tiger.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2009, 07:19:20 PM »
THANK YOU FOR STEPPING UP AND SPEAK.  This is what i and other come across.  That dam thing can take a beating like a tiger.
No, it takes a beating like a panzer.  Try using only 50's to blow one of those up and call me.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2009, 07:23:56 PM »

LOL, we should be given perks every month?  The first few days of each camp are bad enough with score weenies scampering about in tempests and 262's, that'd you like to exagerate the issue?  Thankfully most of the guys blow their perks and their scores early and settle into actually fighting each other (sometimes) instead of popsiclefooting around. 

What's the matter, can't earn enough perks to fly those select rides that they have to be given to you?  Sad thing is I bet a lot of players would love it if HT did give everyone a monthly stipend of perks.  Thank god he won't though.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2009, 07:28:38 PM »
Sad thing is I bet a lot of players would love it if HT did give everyone a monthly stipend of perks.  Thank god he won't though.

I am in for a one day that all perk rides are free.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group