Author Topic: 30mm damage  (Read 15159 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: 30mm damage
« Reply #255 on: September 16, 2009, 06:45:23 AM »
If you can get me film of a few (as many ideally, but dont sweat it) different situations where it happens, I won't need to guess.  I shoot to 400 almost half the time.  If you want to do it this way (personally I feel the LW sights just get in the way and would rather make the 30mm ballistics second nature), make sure you check the "authentic" sight against the .target in AH.  I know the Corsair's gunsight is not to historical proportion, so there's some chance that the bitmap Luftwaffe gunsights and in-game gunsight size are also off.
Been filming everything but havnt been flying a K4 much
Junky, under the right conditions I'll shoot the 30mm out past 800yards. I will shoot at 400 if I see any shot developing but generally I use acm to get closer. Within 200.
I know you dedicated some time to the k4, but then the ki after that, and I don't know what plane you're on now. If you don't have a good idea where the tater round is going, I'd start close in again until you get the feel back. Once you feel you have that going for you, then don't hesitate to take some of the crazy shots. You're often rewarded for them, hopefully not with one of these weak taters though! :)
Scotch I actually went to the Mossy but the AH factory ran out of wood from me trying to fight Grizz,Kappa, and Hate 1v1 in it  :D KI is my fall back for sure she is a K4 w/ hog flaps what more could you want more, oh wait ammo  :aok ask Suns for our KI vs KI fight was a nice one but he did this move Ive only seen out of acouple of you ubber sticks which turned the tide of the fight, bunch of cheaters all of yas :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2009, 11:51:52 PM »
Another beauty: No Kill, No assist(2 30mm hits) (see what I did there?)
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #257 on: September 20, 2009, 06:46:46 AM »
Another beauty: No Kill, No assist(2 30mm hits) (see what I did there?)
you gang turd :D I saw the 30mm nothing else........
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #258 on: November 29, 2009, 05:43:16 PM »
Sry big bump but I think its a legit problem. KI61 takes a tator just behind pilots head, watch it through the KIs view you can see it if you slow it down

http://www.mediafire.com/?0tmdjmhxend

:salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #259 on: November 29, 2009, 06:01:29 PM »
It happens, deal with it. Some in RL were duds too.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #260 on: November 29, 2009, 06:04:25 PM »
It happens, deal with it. Some in RL were duds too.

Are you saying duds are programmed into Ah2?  That was the intent of this thread when it was created, to learn what the reason behind duds was.  Of course, HiTech never let anyone know what the issue was which is strange, he has a great track record of clearing matters like this up.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #261 on: November 29, 2009, 06:56:25 PM »
Had this happen with me and Stormdog a few days back...which is one of the reasons for his question on Japanese armour..... I got hit with a tator (109K4)...probably about the same spot and got an oil hit and was able to ditch......when I heard it hit and didn't go to the tower I thought it strange.....Stormdog still got the kill made sure of that before the pesky little La came in for the scraps.

on a lighterside....if you take a good look at the piece of framing behind the drivers seat you will notice there are holes...it is my belief that these where introduced to have a mashing effect on tators thus rendering them useless whilst allowing for a tasty snack on those long sorties
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 07:02:28 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #262 on: November 29, 2009, 07:52:53 PM »
Are you saying duds are programmed into Ah2?  That was the intent of this thread when it was created, to learn what the reason behind duds was.  Of course, HiTech never let anyone know what the issue was which is strange, he has a great track record of clearing matters like this up.
Not saying that, but it's more that it's a glitch than that of a program. I mean if your in a fight and you land a tater, you usually have total domination over the other person, unless your picking. I only had it happen to me once and I got a good laugh at it, rolled over and put another tater in him.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #263 on: November 29, 2009, 10:27:36 PM »
Not saying that, but it's more that it's a glitch than that of a program. I mean if your in a fight and you land a tater, you usually have total domination over the other person, unless your picking. I only had it happen to me once and I got a good laugh at it, rolled over and put another tater in him.
Im surprised you of all people said this because I personally have seen planes exchange shot for shot before, one reason I like the 30mm is when I hit I (almost) know the plane is dead.
We are "waiting on one" :)
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #264 on: November 29, 2009, 11:33:15 PM »
rolled over and put another tater in him.

Oh jesus....jesus christ ;)
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #265 on: November 30, 2009, 01:14:59 AM »
Hitech has made an entire game of NOT penalizing the player with minutae such as engine failures, gun jams, mechanical failures, and so forth.

Believing he would out-of-the-blue intentionally code in "duds" is extremely illogical. He's made his position clear. The problem almost certainly lies in hit detection, net lag, or something code-related, rather than the shell in question being coded to have no damage.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #266 on: November 30, 2009, 04:34:08 AM »
Hitech has made an entire game of NOT penalizing the player with minutae such as engine failures, gun jams, mechanical failures, and so forth.

Believing he would out-of-the-blue intentionally code in "duds" is extremely illogical. He's made his position clear. The problem almost certainly lies in hit detection, net lag, or something code-related, rather than the shell in question being coded to have no damage.
I agree with you Krusty, I just want to hear what someone from HTC feels about it. Its just wierd I kill 25 guys 1 tator 1 kill then have a plane get hit towards the pilot and he doesnt take damage :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"